Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Modifications! :-) ((Tag Crew And Lucian))
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Modifications! :-) ((Tag Crew And Lucian)) 

"The fury is part of why it is so dangerous to try and fight a Garou. I would have to study the Djinn before being sure if I could or not. Truly coming back from death itself is kind of unique to The Phoenix and a very few forms of immortality that garou are usually not suited for. The whole being spirit made flesh versus having a soul caged in flesh differences and how they respond to different things in different ways. It is not wholly impossible to make it so that either is possible but that is currently a bit beyond my experience and knowledge base at current even if it turns out to be within my power."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are eleven light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph like marking as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Huh. It had never occurred to me that you might not know how to go about it. I am not so much looking for true resurrection, though immortality does sound a treat. Unless...if we set aside the transmutation of energy concept, could we reallocate those same resources to being Reborn? Seems that orichalcum would be a perfect inlay material, but that was the old world."

Brennus takes a step back, suddenly realizing that his enthusiasm had gotten ahead of him. A visible attempt to restrain himself takes place before failing utterly.

"I also need some moonsilver, but that is another set of projects entirely. Regardless, what form of payment would you like? We are skilled in acquisition, obstacle management, caretaking, and protection. Our Quartermaster is Ebhilin, so all terms are to be negotiated with her. You will, of course, receive the family rate of exchange for this and any future interactions."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shrugs, "Orichalcum tends to be unchanging I do not advise making any inlays within your shifting body using such a material." He thinks for a moment, "Payment will depend on time and effort causing an effect on how I feel as well as what I use to do any workings. Any rune work has to have a cost because of how I learned but other forms of enchantment and any fetish weaving is a different story."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph like marking as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

"Ah, yes, I am uncertain how I forgot that bit." Brennus frowns in self-recrimination, frustrated by his lapse in memory. "Would that I could simply appeal to Phoenix directly. The quest alone would be the stuff if legend, if we survived."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Back to topPage bottom

"Because of how you learned?" Eve asks Lucian, curious. "I thought you've always known runeworkings and such? Is that not what you've been doing with your Alchemy all along?" Head-tilt.

Her hate is as fierce as her devotion is grand and there is no middle ground on which she will stand.
She’s wild and she’s gentle, she is good and she’s bad. She’s proud and she’s humble, she’s happy and sad.
She’s in love with the ocean, the earth and the skies,she is enamored with beauty- wherever it lies.
She’s victor, she’s victim, a star and a clod… but mostly she’s Irish, in love with her God.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian takes a moment and uses the blue lines in their various patterns to show the kind of symbols the repair circle uses for his alchemy. He then sets the hammer down, "Language differences at the very basic level of things. One uses math and symbols to channel power to invoke specific formulaic results. The other uses a language of power to push power into specific directions. On the outside these may seem very similar but one uses the tricks native to the Elements of Mother Gaia, Lord Sun, and Lady Moon to focus effects through the secrets those elements hold. The other is magic much in the style of the Deurgr or Àlfar. Currently specifically as the Duergr would do it. The magic rune-smithing of the north-folk that the Dwarves alone knew."

Back towards Brennus, "Pheonix is of the Sun's brood. Council with the great bird of ash, flames, and immortality is best managed by visiting them at home."

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus, for his part, is silent while Lucian explains. He turns to look at Syd, "Did you follow?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"Wee we get to go visit the Sun?" She said with a raised eyebrow, as she had just been watching and listening to the others at that point.

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*
*more to come...dun-dun-duh*
Picture Base Model

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Oh, how enjoyable. I have meant to pay my respects anyway, not to mention visit Luna's Court. Sounds like it could be just the thing." He grins, taking a step back to cede the floor to Eve.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Eve shakes her head at Lucian's explanation. "Fair enough. It seems to be splitting hairs in nature, but much of what I have learned of Magic seems to be just that. Very well. What materials would be best suited, then? What do you feel is fair trade to your work, other than like quantity of additional materials beyond what is necessary for the making?"

Her hate is as fierce as her devotion is grand and there is no middle ground on which she will stand.
She’s wild and she’s gentle, she is good and she’s bad. She’s proud and she’s humble, she’s happy and sad.
She’s in love with the ocean, the earth and the skies,she is enamored with beauty- wherever it lies.
She’s victor, she’s victim, a star and a clod… but mostly she’s Irish, in love with her God.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shrugs and frowns. "Dwarves taught me the same runes that adorn the weapons of the Norse gods. The Celestines Gaia, Sol, and Luna granted me kingship over their elements. Most of it has to do with purview and what I am allowed to do with it, I suppose? In some ways it is like the difference between what makes a gift belong to a tribe or an auspice. A Theurge can heal and so can a Child of Gaia but the gifts used function differently by spirits teaching the spirit made flesh into very specific shapes. The bugger is that Dwarves are particular in a way that resembles lawyers who lover the legal speech. So there was a cost for learning. I don't get to teach what they do and I am expected to act like a Master Rune Smith when using their art." Lucian chuckles, "In how that might differ in making an object that returns to the wielder? We are nearly splitting hairs by describing something that stalks like a wolf or something that prowls like a hunting cat." Lucian gestures at the maps and the group, "Let us always assume a going rate of twice the material as the buy in. When you and I have time for you to value my work and get back to your fellow officers about it we can then set a presumed standard of value on my man hours of labor. Then I just get to blatantly discount you all those man hours when my agreements allow it. Doing it that way you are knowingly getting a discount for being friends like family and no one else gets to bitch with it meaning anything lest they truly earned he right. How does that sound?"

Back to topPage bottom

"Seems like a plan." Eve chuckles. "Which brings us to what you think you might need."

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Well I have hoarded most of the materials I would usually need. Gold, silver, and iron from unusual locations that may possess a metaphysical sympathy to the tasks would be helpful. I have plenty of the average and general kinds of things from nearby. Any wood any of you want used for handles. Same with bones and hides. We have the kitchen tools for you folks to see any beast stripped down to everything useful able to be prepared and divided out as food and material." Lucian shrugs, "Do like I do. If you see or think of something that strikes your artistic fancy for what you want, bring it too. If that happens to be a sentient being then just get their consent." Lucian glances about, "And I would like to presume that of any others involved."

Back to topPage bottom

Eve quirks a smile at Lucian's choice of the draconic term for his collection of things. "I can agree to that."

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Were Brennus a different man perhaps the mischief in eyes would have been better hidden. Perhaps, in a different man, the corner of his lips would not have twitched into a smile for just a moment. So it is with a raised eyebrow and knowing glee that Brennus leans forward and speaks in an exaggerated piratical tone.

"So do we have an accord?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"Aye, it seems we do, from where I stand."

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shrugs, "Well like with any dragon, we do as long as it suits me and I don't feel slighted." He then smirks, "Fortunate that I am communicative and patient, isn't it?" Lucian gestures towards the drawings on the table as if to represent the work within his next question, "Does that cover everything you all need at current? If needs should be there are other crafters particularly more experienced than I am at some crafts than at others within those I consider pack. Please feel free to seek them out for things you feel they may be best for. Even within crafts that we hold equal skill in each of us has a different focus. Think of it like the food from two cooks or even chefs. Fish prepared by Yiya-teh will be rather different than the kinds prepared from me. The things we bake have the most in common but different leanings and flairs in design and flavor profile. I am more likely top make pastries and she is more likely to bake cookies. You simply will not find a better peanut butter cookie than the ones Yiya-teh makes because she makes them sheerly for the love of her own friends." He smirks, "And every lupus ever that she meets and has yet to have them. Apparently because it avoids the sticky peanut butter mouth trap."

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML