Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

An Eclipsing Serenade
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post An Eclipsing Serenade 

Within the umbra, the sweet melody from a ukulele can be heard across the area.  The melody seemed to travel further then any normal song should play, but considering the Umbra, things could always be odd.  The source of the song was easily found, a tall, beautiful native-american man wearing a cream colored button up shirt and slacks sits on a log.  Pausing briefly in the tune, he brushed some black hair out of his face and back amidst the well kept ponytail he wore.  He resumed his playing before looking up, his blue eyes scanning the night around him, a mischievous grin on his lips and in a glimmer of joy in his eyes.

David Windsong Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: An Eclipsing Serenade 

A woman walks up she is wearing a pair of well worn jeans a green shirt with the words shaman written in bold beautiful script. In the spirit world there are unformed blueish wings sprouting from her and she radiates power as well as a palpable presence that seems friendly to spirits. She is flanked by two spirit wolves, who seem to only not be aggressive towards the newcomer because of the women’s presence.
“Are you in need of a shaman? Or is there some other reason that you have entered my territory?”
Everyone that has a string of beads hears Sera voice if they wish it. “We have a guest in the Umbra. Haven’t yet determined friend or foe.”

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"To a vision such as yourself, I am always a friend." The man says with a rogueish smile, "I heard there were some that were not stuck quite in eternal eclipse and figured I would come see what was happening.  Though I've heard it rude to just walk into someone's home, so I'm on the edge annoucing myself politely."

((Damnit, in my editing I think I removed the bit about being on thr edge.))

Performance x4(guitar, drums, singing, talesinging & dancing)
No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

A tall and lean man of Native American descent. Tilted blue eyes gleam mischievously, giving him a slightly vulpine appearance. A mane of black hair falls to his shoulders, pulled in a well kept ponytail.

Back to topPage bottom

“I am Sera feather heart Jackson. Shaman and follower to the Grey Wanderer.”  She smiles a welcoming smile. The two wolves have still not stopped being aggressive.

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Back to topPage bottom

He pauses his playing to stand and approach.  Eyeing the wolves briefly he extends a hand to her.  "Truly, a pleasure to make your acquaintance.  I am called David Windsong, a talented musician and lover of dancing, singing and all sorts of pleasant activities."

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

A tall and lean man of Native American descent. Tilted blue eyes gleam mischievously, giving him a slightly vulpine appearance. A mane of black hair falls to his shoulders, pulled in a well kept ponytail.

Back to topPage bottom

She shakes her head at his out stretched hand.“I don’t know you well enough to have our spirits touch David.” She stares at him “and you are not like the other guests I have.” The last part is not an accusation more like a fact. “Though I do wish to know what it was that pushed you in our direction.” The two wolves seem to calm down some both sitting down on either side of her. They seem to be taking their quest from Sera.

Back to topPage bottom

David laughed jovially, as if at a grand joke.  It was a laugh that was infectious with it's good naturedness.  "As much wisdom as beauty, I see." He said amorously, "I heard whispers from an air spirit to the far south.  As I came north, I heard from the birds that you lot were to the west.  Turns out, I'm terrible at following vague directions, so came south again, and here I am." He said, in a surprisingly coquettishly self-deprecating manner.

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

A woman who was not at all human joined the pair of them. Sera would recognize Jysiira, who looked both on alert, and very interested. "Well, hello, Goodmistress Sera. I had come to see if I might lend you some aid in anything today, but it would seem my arrival has come at an... interesting... moment." She eyes David up and down appreciatively. "Very interesting indeed."

Jysiira, Vieranaara, Nellssedaara, and Baelssamyrra.

Alissovianna, Lyandurria, Kariirayne, and Riveminnwe.

Chrysanthemum.

The Zenana Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Turning to look at the dusky skinned lady, David grinned rogueishly at her when she eyed him.  Even going so far as to return his own appreciative stare.  "Be still my racing heart, two angelic forms to grace me today.  How could I be so lucky?  I go by David Windsong, and what may I have the pleasure of calling you?"

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

“Well met Lady Jysiira. I was deciding what do to with this new arrival. It seems the spirits led him to us.” She looks at him then back to Jysiira. “He is spirit and human, but not like the ones that are currently here.”
She smiles at Jysiira “Viðvera þín er mjög velkomin”

Back to topPage bottom

Jysiira nods to Sera. "Is he now. That is wonderfully interesting. He is beautiful and unique. Perhaps I should take him off to meet with Lucian?" The woman eyed David more critically as he spoke, as though weighing and measuring him. "Mistress is an acceptable form of address, David Windsong. Among my people, the use of some names is earned. Would you mind accompanying me? We should both get out of Goodmistress Sera's hair, as I am sure she has more important things to do."

Chrysanthemum.

Back to topPage bottom

Laughs. “By all means get him out of my hair.” She looks toward David. “You are a guest on my land. I exspect you to behave appropriately.”
She nods to Jysiira “Vertu góður, ef hann er falskur, sýnið ekki miskunn”
She turns and walks away the two wolves have not moved. A whistle is heard not soon after she has left. The two wolves both walk away though one always stays within sight for awhile longer.

Back to topPage bottom

Strumming the ukulele lightly, he laughed along with Sera, this time a deep, belly laugh as he enjoyed it all as a grand joke.  And him being the butt of it.  As Sera turned to leave, he sobered up slightly, though a broad smile refusing to leave.  "It is a pleasure Sera, I am certain we will bump into one another again."

Turning to the woman whom would be called Mistress, he switched to the tongue of the Spirits.  "Mistress, huh?" He said jovially,, strumming the ukulele in a manner that seemed vaguely foolish as he spoke, "That reminds me of an entertaining story of the Spider I met that wanted to tie me up.  I am certain it was not for any sort of way of enjoying each other's company, and certainly not to keep conversation going.  Would you allow me the pleasure of telling you the story?  While a very good laugh, certainly not one of my finest moments."

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

"You have ceased to be inteligible. Is there a reason for this?" She affixes him with a sort of disappointed stare, her words remaining in a faintly norse-accented English.

Chrysanthemum.

Back to topPage bottom

David marveled at this turn of events, chuckling lightly as if at another joke.  Returning to the common, English vernacular he said, "I had believed that you were one of the spirits that inhabited the Umbrascape, my apologies for the rudeness, I had been trying to be polite and communicate in the language I had believed was your native one.  My sincerest apologies."

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

Jysiira nods, slowly. "Your attempt is noted. This way, please." She turns and saunters off, ass swaying in a way that promises a great deal of fun, if David plays his cards right. "Tea?" she offers, holding up a small flask. "It's cool now, but still flavorful."

Chrysanthemum.

Back to topPage bottom

"Thank you, please, Mistress." He says with a grin, "What I had been saying in the other tongue was that your Title reminded me of a funny story, when a Spider decided it wanted to tie me up, though certainly for no where near the type of fun I would enjoy.  It's an entertaining story of me, as a younger man, who knew far not enough, and definitely not one of my finer moments."

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

She tosses the flask over her shoulder, clearly assuming that David will catch it. "Now, that is a tale it might entertain me to hear."

Chrysanthemum.

Back to topPage bottom

Deftly catching the flask, spinning it with a flourish, and in a smooth motion, opens and takes a couple drinks before tossing it over back to her with a "Back at you."

((The following tale is told with Charisma 4, Performance (Tale Singing) 3, Expression & Empathy 4, and accompanied by Performance (Guitar(Or Ukulele)) 5.  Assume the Ukulele is appropriate for the moment in the story, silly for silly moments, threatening and dangerous sounding for serious and 'in danger' moments, etc.))

Strumming the ukulele for comedic effect throughout the tale, David begins.  "Well, as a young lad, free to explore the world and overflowing with curiosity, I began to delve into the Spirit Worlds.  It is such a marvelous place that I couldn't help but meander about and just marvel at how similar, and yet different the World's Reflection is.  The way the Cities rise up, seeming like monstrous cocoons due to the heavy amount of webbing that encases them.  The vibrancy of life within the forests, and the crisp smells of the mountain air, even more refreshing then anything you could find in the mundane world.  The majesty of it all called to my soul and pulled me along as I explored, until one day I found myself deep within a city.  It might have been New York, or maybe Boston...Either way, it was big and in the North East.

"The smog lay thick in the air, it's spirits dancing around and just billowing thicker and thicker.  The hum of Electricity spirits just zipping along their routes, calling out insults to things moving no where near as fast as they were.  A couple spirits of Cars zoomed past me, chasing in the Electricity spirits in an entertaining game of cat and mouse.  I was admiring all of it, wide eyed in innocence and enraptured by all of the activity.  Turning a corner, though, is when I came face to face with the largest spider I had ever seen in my young life.  It was monstrous, easily four times larger than you and I together, it's hide was black, with eyes blazing with yellow light.  It's legs of cold, black steel and it's mandibles dripping with...well, I never found out, and to be frank, I hope I never do learn of it.  I suspect it would have been very bad for me were that thing to have bitten me.

"So, I walk right into this Spider, not even seeing it as I'm watching a Car Spirit try and leap at an Electricity Spirit like a cat.  The spider doesn't move, I on the other hand take several steps backwards blinking in astonishment at this monster.  The Spider turns and glares at me like I'm the scum of the Earth, which to be fair, to it I probably was, and demands in the tongue of spirits of it's brood, 'AUTHORIZATION'.  In my infinite wisdom, I decide to respond to this demand with, 'Good afternoon buddy!'.  Clearly, not only was this the wrong answer to keep me safe, but also the right answer to give this Spider the go ahead to decide that I was a snack.

"Immediately the Spider roared, and launched itself at me, it's mandibles attempting to rip a very large chunk out of your's truly.  If it wasn't for some really great luck on my part, I just barely leaped to the side.  Scrambling to my feet, I began to run and barely made it as one of it's legs slammed into the ephemera of the building to my left.  'Wait wait wait!  I don't know what I did but I'm sorry!  Can we talk about this!?' I shouted behind me to the spirit just barely keeping myself away from it's legs and mandibles.  The Spider only roared in rage as it ran behind me, trying in vain to get some sort of bit of my body.

"Quickly, I rounded a corner into an alley, just ran as quickly as I could to get away.  The Spider was not as agile as I was, and missed the alley giving me a moment of breathing room.  The end of the alley came to a choice, I could turn left or right and pray that I would be able to escape in either the maze of alleys, or find a safe space to switch to the Material side of the Earth, and much further away from danger.  So, using a little trick I learned, I began to leap off of one wall and use it to turn and run to the right path.

"Unfortunately, the Spider had much different plans for me.  While I was in the air, the spider had come back to the mouth of the alley, and shot it's webbing at me.  Drifting through the air, I was a perfect target.  The force of the webbing slammed me against the wall, stunning me for a few moments.  When the stars finally cleared from my eyes, I saw the spider crawling along the wall right for me.  I struggled as hard as I could, but it was to no avail, I could not get myself free.

"Once it got to me, I could feel the maliciousness from the creature as it began to weave a web around my legs,  Beginning to tie cocoon me - whether for a snack, or to make me one of it's pattern for later, I couldn't say.  As I struggled, I looked to my side, and I noticed that I was pressed against a window, and the force of me landing against it had broken out a small portion of the window.  The Spider at this point, courtesy of it's monstrosity, was well over my body, it's eyes unable to see me as it spun.  Using another pair of tricks, these I had learned from a pair of beautiful ladies back at Burning Man in the Black Rock Desert, I let myself shed a small layer of skin, and let myself slip through the opening, inside of the building.  As soon as I could, I hide, making myself seem invisible.  I heard the monster roar as it realized I was gone, and proceed to search in futility for me."

He chuckled at the end of the story, "And that is how I escaped from the largest spider I had ever seen.  Narrowly avoided being tied up, and turned into a food.  Although, if the Spider had been a lady anywhere near as beautiful as you are, I may have let her do it." he ended coquettishly, and with a flourish on the ukulele.

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

"That's all very intersting, but..." Jysiira turns to catch David as he falls unconscious, breaking his fall unceremoniously by catching his hair in one hand, and catching his instrument with much more care than she showed him. Hefting the man up onto one shoulder, she turns and begins the hike back to the castle...

Chrysanthemum.

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML