Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in


Post new topic  Reply to topic 
Page 1 of 1
 
 
A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex)
Author Message
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
WhIle he remains silent until they reach the treeline, Brennus chuckles once out of mortal hearing range. "That was a mast on fire if I have ever seen one." With a dancer's grace the Fianna traverses the natural brush. His attention seems to be focused on where they were going until he speaks over his shoulder.

"It is not your fault that you share blood with a monster. We are more than the circumstances of our birth. You did no harm to that girl arena so you should feel no guilt."
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
"Yeah, I know. There's plenty of pieces of filth out there, no matter the blood. It's just... a sensitive subject, is all." Rex shook his head and returned a lopsided grin.

"Still! Not the worst impression I've ever made. At least this time I had clothes on. Now, what exactly have the Fates tossed me into this time Brennus?" He asked with a raised brow. He walked without effort through the foliage as his silver eyes glinted about.
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
Brennus pauses in his stride near a small clearing and turns to face Rex. "That really depends on you, kid. Silver Fang kinfolk with a House Fiona crest, high breeding, educated, on the move more than you stay in one place, and maternal issues. All of that means you are either a Raptor, a spy, or you are running from something. Now I do not have a particular care toward which option it is. Your past matters not at all as of this moment. If you are a Raptor I imagine my exit from these woods is tenuous at best. If you are a spy, my honest suggestion is to either leave or come clean to the Elder. If you are running from something you did, it is time to atone. I assure you, there is nothing you could possibly have done that cannot be forgiven and understood by this crew. If you are running from something that hunts you, tries to enslave you, or otherwise disallows your freedom," His voice roughens and the amber in his eyes begins to burn, "then you will never find a greater force to ally yourself with. Now, I cannot speak for the whole, but I have known these people for some time so I can take a gamble as to their choices."

The Garou steps back and hooks his thumbs through the sash at his waist. "So what will it be, kid? I am not one for the pandering machinations of our Tribes' politics. My children are here and I have no time for games."

((Edit spelling.))
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
Rex's expression is one of scrutiny, briefly looking around as if to see if this is an elaborate prank or test. He listens quietly, taking full measure of the Garou before him. His head tilts slightly as those silver rings take measure of each word and gesture. It takes him a moment to speak, and when he does there is a harder note beneath the up-until-now jovial tone.

"Brennus... being this blunt is a fantastic way to get yourself killed where I was raised. I'm going to have to assume you are entirely more brash than even most of your Kinsmen, or that whenever your people arrived from was very different from here. But.... not a damn thing you've said seems false. So, just this once I will be just as blunt and honest to help maintain a sense of reality."

He takes a breath, checks the area again, and locks eyes with the man.

"My family is fucked up. I'm a literal Prince to two thrones, and they can't stand the idea of one of them not getting their way. I've been treated like Meat to barter with my entire life, and I'm done with it. As far as I'm concerned, the Garou Nation defines "Kin" as "Slave", and I intend to live and die free and subservient to no one. I don't care what your rank or title is, I. Will. Not. Serve. If you or the rest expect it, or if ANYONE lays a hand on me without my clear and explicit permission, I Will cut my way out and walk whatever direction I fancy away from here."
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
An echo of alien instinct burns hollow behind his eyes, locked on the Silver Fangs. "If I stand beside you, help you fight for your freedom, it will help you defy Sliver Fangs of stature who have forgotten their purpose?"

He moves aside the collar of his loose flowing silk shirt to bring attention to the scar around his neck. "People aren't cargo, mate, and I have been fighting the corruption of the Tribe of Kings," His voice marred by a sneer, "for over three hundred years. My mother," his voice softens and he crosses himself with his left hand, "rest her soul, was Kin to your tribe and her desire for freedom from their breeding agenda ended with her death."

"You seem like a decent enough person. We all serve something greater than ourselves, but that needn't be a living thing. All are of Gaia. I have seen what our people will do left unchecked. In the world we came from the old ways have been largely abolished, but it came at a terrible price. Here, though, that price has yet to be paid. With any luck we may yet be able to a avert that fate and if you want to be a part of that fight there is no better place to lend your aid."
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
Rex masked his surprise well at the mention of Brennus' age, and was otherwise unflustered. The corner of his mouth tugged a bit at the description of his family's fate. He runs a hand through his hair and lefts out a short huff.

"Well, wherever you left sounds a damn sight better than here. Suppose I consider this accord. What do I possibly have to gain but a higher probability of interacting with the Nation and being found? Why would you risk your own kin being brought into the crossfire when you nor yours has nought to do with Kings of Silver and Queens of Winter?"
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
"Hey, Old Man, can you do me a favor and tell this fine young man how many slavers I have put out of business, causes we have taken up against impossible odds and won, and excuses to piss all over the authority of corrupt leaders we have completed together? Your memory is better than mine." Brennus turns to the raven in a nearby tree and motions for him to join the discussion.
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
The spirit flutters down, and lands on Brennus' shoulder.

"Well," he begins in a rasping voice. "I lost count of slavers after the first four thousand or so. I'd say in the realm of twice that, by now? Seems about right. The rest is also too many to count, though my favorite was the Montenegro slave trade. That was was a good time." He laughs a raucous laughter. "But no, really, kid. My man here is talking to you despite the fact that he mostly hates your tribe. That's because you are more than your birthright, and he'll kill anyone who says otherwise. Between you and me," He lifts a wing as if to provide a bit of privacy. "Don't tell him I told you, but you ain't the only one in this meeting who's been a slave before."
 




____________
Adrianne
ST of Stuff I haven't made other people ST for instead.
 
AjST Send private message Send e-mail to user Visit poster's website
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
"So... I help your group as best I can, so long as we have an understanding; and in exchange for a measure of support and protection you get.... to "piss all over the establishment"?" He says aloud, checking with the bird if he's got that right. "If you've done all that, you could stir up a hell of a movement among other Kin....."

He unconsciously rests his hand on the case on his back.

"That would... be appropriate. And in the short term I don't have much choice now that we are time-whatevered. Alright. We can try this out for a bit, and see if it will work. You should know I'm armed. My weapon will harm Garou and Fae alike. If any of your allies need to know such a thing, family or pack perhaps....." He bows his head a few degrees.

"Now unless there's another social calamity to avoid back there, I'd prefer to lighten up and get this done. I crossed half a state on that bike without eating today, and it isn't often I meet such enticing people." He says with a coy smirk.
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
"You will need to stop threatening people if you want respect. It is entitled, the privilege of nobility without direct consequence. You want to pull apart the system at the root? For that you need friends. You want friends? For that you need mutual respect. If you can work as part of the crew, we can make big changes, but you have to fall in until you are strong enough to lead for real." He looks at the presumed weapon on his back. "You pull that on anybody here without their specific, informed request and your life is forfeit. Nothing I can do about that."

He raises his left hand toward the kinfolk. "Do we have an accord?"
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
Rex firmly shook Brennus' hand. "We do. Please don't misunderstand my intention. I meant only to inform you that this case is unsafe to open by or around those afflicted by such. I don't want to violate any treaties or accords in affect at the present time. I'm not skilled at teamwork, but I am a fast learner. If my demeanor needs adjusted for the sake of others, I trust you would let me know."

His face resembles the upset expression from before for a moment as he recalled the girl. With a chuckle he shook it off. "Ah, what a glorious mess the roads have brought me to."
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
One single handshake, without posturing or ego, and he releases him. "My suggestion would be to make very certain that you make absolutely no advances, intended or otherwise, on anybody here. Come to training, you will not be expected to fight with Garou."

He turns and continues walking, expecting Rex to follow as he indicated. "Note that I am not the final authority in any of this and I can be superseded at the Elder's whim. I sincerely doubt that she will, but I have been wrong before. Everybody else will get a fight out of it, but I cannot guarantee victory. Unless directed otherwise, stick with me and I can keep you mostly out of trouble."

Brennus stops long enough for the Silver Fang to be beside him. "If you ever want to leave, that is your right, but if my family is harmed by you abandoning your duty it will be unfortunate for all involved. Understood?"

If Rex has the experience there is a tone that comes with commanding in the field. It is not the barking orders of an officer speaking to a rookie, nor is it the common camaraderie of barracks living. Instead there is a note of respect given and expected in turn. This is a man well versed in leading a crew from the front.
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
A black raven lands on a low hanging branch.  In a sing song mimic of Sera’s voice he says.  “Sera sister shaman says that she found your pike and moved it to the garage.  The Truck is there. Find Sera Shaman if more help is wanted.”
He turns his head this way and that hops closer and raises a claw in a mimicry of the human motion of pay me.
 



 
Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
After a moment of digging about his clothing Brennus pulls out a particularly shiny shard of colored glass about the size of his thumbnail. The edges are rounded and dulled, likely from being tumbled about somewhere. He tosses it up to the messenger.

"Thank you for the message, friend."
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
The raven catches the item while still in the air, flying off.
 



 
Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
"That... was unexpected." Rex said, bemused. "I'll do my best to behave. I think I can reign it in and put a damper on the affect I have on people. Should I really be speaking to the Elder so... directly? I've known very few with.... patience."
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
"Be respectful and all will be well." He leads them to where water was gathered, rolling up his sleeves and tossing a bucket to Rex. "Alright, time for work. You got any more questions?"

Brennus goes about his work with practiced movements. If Rex does not speak up the Fianna continues is an easy silence all the way back you the fields.
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
Rex follows along mimicking whatever Brennus does to get the job done. It's possible he's never really done any of this before.
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag Rex) 
 
Brennus makes absolutely no comment or reaction to the kinfolk's lack of experience. He does, however, slow down enough that Rex can follow along with less rushing.
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Display posts from previous:    
Post new topic  Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 


HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None


 
Permissions List
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot vote in polls
You cannot attach files
You cannot download files
You cannot post calendar events