Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 4 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Klaviskar Training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, Plus Any Others Interested.) 

Seeing Brennus Kai's expression cracks a little to show a smile starting. "You know what Perrito, I believe I know what you are suppose to learn. You are also fortunate that he didn't let me use silver like I wanted this may have turned into your final lesson. Detach yourself from the here and now and look at us here. What can you learn from this?" Kai's blade slick with blood, moving to an attack position once again.

Christian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar Training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, Plus Any Others Interested.) 

"Not...done...yet. Still. Standing."

Each breath between words fills Brennus with serene determination. He stands with feet solidly on the ground for the first time any of them have seen, no more dancing or extraneous movement. There is no fear of death, no hesitation, no regrets. In this moment, pushed to his absolute limit and against overwhelming odds, Brennus is finally at peace.

At just over six feet in height, Brennus is a man of compact build with musculature that looks carved from stone - representative of incredible self-discipline and dedication were he not a Garou - and a mien that is unmistakably familiar with violence. Though otherwise mutable some aspects to his garb remain consistent; namely a raven feather and small silvery bells braided into dark auburn hair, a rough hewn signet ring, and a necklace with six runic amulets. Usually seen with his raven and/or feline companion(s), a thoughtful gaze, carrying his ashandarei (in either it’s spear or shortened sword form) and Evening Frost. On occasion he will disguise himself as an old man, hiding much of his more overtly supernatural traits and some of the markings that speak to his parentage.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
Appearance: 5 (Roguish)
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Physically Impressive - +1 to Intimidation
Scarred (Ogham Rune Tattoos) - -2 to Intimidation, only applies when visible
Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Scenes dated before 5/15/19 were done with a different physical appearance and capacity.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. - Lugh, probably

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

As the rain falls heavier and the familiar scent of blood mixes with the rain Kai shakes his head, "You don'r get tit do you ? You are done, I shouldn't have expected a challenge from you and there is no way you are Worthy to face Christian! You aren't even worth finishing this... Master I am done, this student either needs rest or death!"

Listening Christian's head turns towards the skirmish, "very well , he is Kathial's Student so death is inefficient. Leave it be, maybe through proper motivation or studies it will be better."

Turning back to Lucian and sadly almost, "Brother what say you ?"

Back to topPage bottom

Soft laughter escapes Brennus and he holds his right hand over the wound so that he can gather some breath.

"I accept... your... forfeit."

At just over six feet in height, Brennus is a man of compact build with musculature that looks carved from stone - representative of incredible self-discipline and dedication were he not a Garou - and a mien that is unmistakably familiar with violence. Though otherwise mutable some aspects to his garb remain consistent; namely a raven feather and small silvery bells braided into dark auburn hair, a rough hewn signet ring, and a necklace with six runic amulets. Usually seen with his raven and/or feline companion(s), a thoughtful gaze, carrying his ashandarei (in either it’s spear or shortened sword form) and Evening Frost. On occasion he will disguise himself as an old man, hiding much of his more overtly supernatural traits and some of the markings that speak to his parentage.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Scenes dated before 5/15/19 were done with a different physical appearance and capacity.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. - Lugh, probably

Back to topPage bottom

Kai looks down his nose at Brennus, " If it wasn't for them I'd leave a fatherless child and the Nation one slacker shorter. We need those who fight with their head or you're just fodder for the next hive raid Perrito. "  Kai driving his blade into Brennus's leg as if out of d no where, " Surrender and I'll give you that honer. Don't and you may never know unless you become some ancestor spirit..."

Back to topPage bottom

((Sorry that was rushed... *of, Honor*

Back to topPage bottom

As fast as Kai drives the point of his blade into Bren's leg, the Adren is able to drop his own weapon and catch Kai's sword wrist in an unbreakable grip. His right hand, covered in blood by sheer happenstance I'm sure, is flung across Kai's field of vision and followed by a short headbutt to knock him back. Grinning in victory, Brennus takes the blade from his leg and steps back to get more distance.

"Not worthy," wheeze, "just willing. Wyrm strong," cough, "who cares? Worth fighting."

The Klaive settles into his grip despite his weakness.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

As ringing of the headbutt sounds off Kai's helmet.  Looking at Brennus with disappointment clear on his face," There is no winning here. Since you may be too dense to see this. The lesson is knowing when you are beat. This isn't some movie or story in a book, there isn't some lon shot chance that you win this mock challenge. If you heard what i said when we first met... your weapon is dull."

Back to topPage bottom

"Every body dies." ((Space very much intended)) He gasps for air, yet still the smile remains firmly in place. "Yet still," wheeze, "we fight."

His ability to speak seems to have been nearly exhausted and Brennus pants to catch breath faster than he. A few moments of silence and he lets out as much of a sigh as one lung will allow. The Fianna looks down at the klaive form in his hand, watches his own blood dripping down its length, then locks his gaze on his raven companion.

A thousand thoughts rush through his eyes, flashing across his face until all of the force of will that has been keeping him upright tightens his jaw into almost a snarl. Eyes closed, he turns the weapon in his grip to lay with pommel toward Kai.

"I yield."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

As she stares at the fight. She becomes still, the only show of emotion is a slight shake of her head at the banter. When the headbutt happened she quietly states “To win a thousand battles is good, but to win the one battle over ourselves is great” she seems to state it more to herself.

“So, what are the standard rules?” Sera asks. “I get it’s a fight to submission. Is that all there is to it?”
“And in response to one of your earlier questions Christian, I don’t know if I want to learn it. I’d like to learn more of it to see if it’s a fit first.  I ussually practice with a bow and arrow to achieve a similar state of

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Kai extends his hand for thee weapon, his blade getting flipped back into a defensive postilion. " They are called lessons for a reason. A free tip for you because you aren't use to dealing with those like me. Don't leave your blood around or any trace of yourself. We can do fantastic and terrible things with them." Kai offers his hand as if to shake Brennus's hand.

Christian nods listening to Sera, "I tend to favor the bow as well. It's something where when you draw the bow back it's only your breath and muscles in sync with the bow aimed at the target as your vision focuses on the target and all else fades away..."

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus looks around at the amount of blood and sweat he'd left around the field of combat.

"Huh."

He hands over the blade without anything resembling resistance and takes the offered hand, taking a moment to wipe off the majority of blood on his own before doing so.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.) 

Without opening an eye, "Brennus, when you are ready to rest between steps you are welcome to come sit with me. I would like to talk about the fight and see what you thought during it."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

“On that note, Christian would you mind working me through my paces? I need to get a feel for switching between my weapons forms during a combat.” She asks

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Tilting his slightly, "I look forward to it. Is there any specifics you want to work on? Do you want me to do it or would you like to start with Kai?" Christian rolls his shoulders

Back to topPage bottom

Presuming Kai allows Brennus' exit, the Fianna reaches over to pick up Evening Frost with slow care before limping his way over to Lucian and offers it hilt first.

"Sorry," belabored breath punctuates each word, "got...my... blood... on... it."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.) 

Lucian just smiles and makes a gesture that causes the blood to move off of the blade as it rolls into a small ball of liquid already congealing. "It happens. The nature of using live weapons to train." Lucian takes the blade and sets it on his lap. "Take a moment and catch your breath. Then tell me what your thoughts about that fight. Sera's words are more relevant to the lesson than Kai's were but I suppose being emotionally able to lose isn't... bad."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

As Lucian mentions catching his breath, Brennus settles his hand over the wound and does his best to focus on getting air to little effect.

"Not good enough. Lost."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "You lost, but do you know and understand why you did?" He looks Brennus over and sets a bottle down that when uncorked has a sweet smelling liquid in it. "And I do not mean this like some version of I would have done it better nor if I were you I would have done it like this. You are welcome to ask those questions but what we need to know is why you did what you did and what else you could have done."

Back to topPage bottom

"Better rules." A gurgling cough brings blood to his lips once again. "Better luck. Better tactics."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian pushes the potion towards Brennus, "Let us instead focus on what you had and chose already. With that what else could you have done. Feel free to take your time and look around."

Back to topPage bottom

The potion is thrown back like a shot and the wheezing, collapsed half of his chest reinflates. Deep gasping breaths fill lungs left empty for entirely too long and it is not long before he seems his old self again, save for the lighter surface injuries.

"Thank you. That is always so bloody unpleasant." He eyeballs the vial and kicks it back to get the last drops. "I was outclassed, outnumbered, and outplayed. I should have abandoned my own perceived advantages to level the field, but I was overconfident. My focus was unquestionably misaligned and for that I payed dearly."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "If you would have been thinking while you fought, what might you have done differently?"

Back to topPage bottom

After considering carefully for a while, he responds, "This is only the second or third time I have come up against enemies without bones to break or blood to take. Perhaps I should have disarmed them first, taken up a secondary weapon, or attempt to take on Kai while I was less tired."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "None of those are bad ideas. When you struck him what happened?"

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML