Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 3 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Klaviskar Training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, Plus Any Others Interested.) 

((Cool cool, I'm good with stat comparison. Are we just posting all of our relevant stats and narrating from there or would you prefer posting each relevant stat as the narration reaches that point?))

At just over six feet in height, Brennus is a man of compact build with musculature that looks carved from stone - representative of incredible self-discipline and dedication were he not a Garou - and a mien that is unmistakably familiar with violence. Though otherwise mutable some aspects to his garb remain consistent; namely a raven feather and small silvery bells braided into dark auburn hair, a rough hewn signet ring, and a necklace with six runic amulets. Usually seen with his raven and/or feline companion(s), a thoughtful gaze, carrying his ashandarei (in either it’s spear or shortened sword form) and Evening Frost. On occasion he will disguise himself as an old man, hiding much of his more overtly supernatural traits and some of the markings that speak to his parentage.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
Appearance: 5 (Roguish)
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Physically Impressive - +1 to Intimidation
Scarred (Ogham Rune Tattoos) - -2 to Intimidation, only applies when visible
Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Scenes dated before 5/15/19 were done with a different physical appearance and capacity.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. - Lugh, probably

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar Training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, Plus Any Others Interested.) 

Sera seems to think for a bit. “Yes, my culture has something similar. Though it’s ideals have changed some as humanity grew more.  My Society is a bit different.  More social rules, and a lot more setup so it’s considered a foepaux to do so for every little offense.”
She shrugs “I tend to stay clear of other humans so it has never come up much in this life time.”

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.) 

Lucian nods to Sera, "I have had to call upon it as a kinfolk who managed to rank least among their Fostern more than once. Less so in circles where I was given respect closer to my actual age, rank, and power among the spiritually minded, but I cannot blame such an insular society for such when you consider just how well it has protected them to be that way. Garou have a history of great and horrible things they have done but their rules help them look after themselves and their own when followed appropriately, even if occasionally all others be damned."

After a moment, "Sera, did you mean mages among the Council of Nine Traditions or your more mundane kin?"

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

“My Society is the traditions. Yes. My culture..  well with old one eye,and spirit dealings... sometimes get em Ray is the better of all the options. And dueling for strength and competition is still a thing in some of the courts...  though the rules tend to vary.”
“As far as the traditions are concerned.. the formal duel is the certamen. A master of Prime is ussually needed for it. So if one is not present in the area, the favor trading starts to get one to come not the area... and all the politics that drums up.” She makes a face of disgust along with an eye roll. “So at times it can be to tedious that there is a tendency to arbitrate and use mediation.”

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.) 

Lucian quirks an eyebrow, “I am surprised folks do not just ritual enchant circles for it. Where we arrived from different groups used different dueling methods in the traditions. The Hollow Ones never ceased to entertain. I was a member of their Outsiders as a result of A close friend Vic.”

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

“Yes, and no. The enchants would still have to be done by a master. Who tend to be very busy especially the masters of Prime. Ussually also all the airs and white.”She shakes her head.” No can’t say only white man, but it’s that entitlement that has them forget that once they weren’t so big...” she sighs
“The egos of a master can be stifling, and even the enchant could cost a person or chantry dearly if they don’t have that power or someone they can call. And yes some of the variant duels are entertaining. I have heard that the VA’s hold flame wars, the Sons can sometimes hold scientific debates... yet when it crosses to many tradition lines or your just one of the harry potters its certamen.”

Back to topPage bottom

Pacing to the left then the right..."leave it to a Fianna to bring a spear to a Klaive lesson... If you bring others toys I'm just going to break them."

Christian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Brennus smiles in his opponent's direction. "To take up another Wesson would be as if growing another limb, and that is a power usage if I have ever heard of one."

His tone is one of respectful teasing, but his grip on the spear loosens enough that it becomes clear he has no intention of utilizing it as a weapon.

((When you've got the time we can put a chat together to figure out the details, just let me know))

At just over six feet in height, Brennus is a man of compact build with musculature that looks carved from stone - representative of incredible self-discipline and dedication were he not a Garou - and a mien that is unmistakably familiar with violence. Though otherwise mutable some aspects to his garb remain consistent; namely a raven feather and small silvery bells braided into dark auburn hair, a rough hewn signet ring, and a necklace with six runic amulets. Usually seen with his raven and/or feline companion(s), a thoughtful gaze, carrying his ashandarei (in either it’s spear or shortened sword form) and Evening Frost. On occasion he will disguise himself as an old man, hiding much of his more overtly supernatural traits and some of the markings that speak to his parentage.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Scenes dated before 5/15/19 were done with a different physical appearance and capacity.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. - Lugh, probably

Back to topPage bottom

Pointing to the spear, "So if you didn't intend to use it why pick it up when you know this has started? Does it make you feel safe or connected to something greater then yourself?"

((I'll have time Sunday,I have plans tomorrow for St. Paddy's))

Back to topPage bottom

"Oh, my desire to aggravate you into underestimating me was overridden by your status as an Artist with Lucian's respect." A wry grin wrinkles the edges of his eyes. "But then I was lacking the time to store it elsewhere without drawing the ire of at least one Elder. So I figured that I would stand here with it until you asked or see if I could use it as a pivot point to disarm you when you attacked."

((I will be free Sunday PM after 9ish for certain.))

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

“You mentioned something about least among fostern. First what does that even mean? And second where do the kinfolk fit into this dueling?”

Back to topPage bottom

"Kinfolk may swear to the same creeds the Garou do and follow those same laws to gain the renown in the same manner as Garou. However kinfolk are limited in how much renown they may gain and in places that recognize such the greatest rank, for lack of a better term, that a kinfolk can reach within the Garou Nation is the equivalent of their Fostern. The rank at which a garou gains the full rights and privelages of being an adult and sibling of the nation. However by swearing to their creeds one has the same responsibilities and risks as any other following those rules and oaths."

Back to topPage bottom

“Huh..” She seems thoughtful. “So how do kinfolk solve problems that occur between them and the garou?”

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian sighs, "That depends on the kinfolk, the garou, and the problem. Often by way of a champion if trial by combat is needed. In a case like mine usually by the garou being unceremoniously dragged to their sept's pit so I can formally challenge them in front of spirits, garou, and kin alike. There is a matter of who the kin is and how much weight they hold in the spiritual as well as in the nation. You or I would have more leeway than say Rex, who would have more leeway than Mackenzie. Each for different but related reasons. You, Rex, and I all have noble blood and a significant amount of it shows in our breeding as well as the touch of favor the spirits place on us for it. We resemble heroes of the Garou that have passed away in time already. You and I each have a lot of additional respect from the spirits due to being Shamans, which with some tribes means even more than it might otherwise. On top of that I have as much renown as kin can have and a great deal more Honor renown than a kinfolk should be able to have which will confuse, distress, and throw off many garou. Since I can carry my weight in a fight, even against garou without using my own powers if needs should be and I actually work to live in accordance to those creeds of renown it causes me to benefit quite a deal from the Warrior's Rights accorded within such a society. A garou refusing a challenge from me could very easily be seen as a coward even trying to defend themself by saying they wish not to raise a hand against a kin." Lucian shrugs, "Every unique child that fully grows into their own power and being creates a different conundrum the nation has to adapt to in its own time. It is capable but difficult for it to move forward due to teh oral traditions it holds so that the secrets can be kept at the breast." Lucian then turns to smile to Sara, "For example, nothing I have shared so far is a secret. Were you not a kin however I could be brought up on charges for breaching the Litany because I discussed their ways at all. Not terribly unlike the Rule of Shade in some ways. Windy and wobbly but firm in the strangest of times."

Back to topPage bottom

“Seems like a society whose rules work well as long as everyone fully understands what they mean.” She smiles. “Works in Concept and when abused ruins it for everyone. And that is true for all societies.”

Back to topPage bottom

Christian turns to the conversation, " It is a system with many issues, that's why we have the ragabash and philodox to call us on our bullshit if they can catch us. This legal system is full of cat and mouse games and those who play know the consequences of what they do. "

As Brennus is mobbed by the very shadows dancing at the edges, they take the forms of full garou and charge him weapons pulled from the blocks surrounding the area. Their shadow forms malicious in their intent and Kai watches with a devilish grin. The moment before contact the sky is split with a thunder bolt illuminating the current fight.  Kai calls above the melee , "Master, it's time!"

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus drops just as the shadows converge, catching himself on his free hand and using the ground to launch himself from the most unlikely of angles to catch one of the clones across the hip. Kicking off with both feet, Brennus breaks free from the circle and shifts his weapon  to the size of a Grand Klaive. Bright white teeth flash in the lightning from the wild grin on his face.

The fight is not easy but, even outnumbered, the child of war seems invigorated by the challenge. All pretense at humanity fades away beneath the battle lust and only a creature of instinct and fury remains. More than once Brennus is struck a glancing blow so that his own can strike true, but it becomes rapidly clear that he is reacting to incoming attacks almost before they begin. Time and numbers take their toll, however, and the Fianna soon has to go on the defensive.

Good fortune, several dirty tricks, and prodigious skill serve him well and eventually the last shadow clone falls to his blade. Sweat, mud, and blood write a story of exhaustion across every line of his being, but still he stands ready to face his final opponent.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

As Christian watches on with a slight smile it's easy to see that he knows the outcome and goes back to his conversation.

Kai on the other hand presses harder working to give Brennus the one solid shot at him in the open. As the shadows fade with their work done Kai strides forward weaving between them. The smile of a predator over taking his face. " Come on Perrito! Don't dally in the shadows! Show me what that Klaive can do in your hands! MAKE IT GREAT!"

Back to topPage bottom

Suspicion nearly breaks through the crimson mist in his eyes, but does not slow his approach. Hoping for momentum and savagery to serve him well, Brennus takes the opening with fervor, putting all of his might into a desperate strike.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh also turns from her quiet, continued examination of the sheath on the blade Lucian gave to her, a small, knowing smile on her face, to watch what happened next.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

As Kai strides into the fray and as Brennus's blade drives forwards towards Kai it seems the blade and silver can't follow through barely touching Kai's  skin and sending all of the force back through Brennus in an odd turn off events. Causing the luna's armor Brennus is wearing to adsorb the blow meant for Kai.  

Kai's own Luna's armor almost shifting in response...

Back to topPage bottom

The reflected force of the blow rocks Brennus back, throwing his left arm far to the side as several small wounds open all the way to his shoulder. Shock breaks him free and only his strength of Will keeps the blade in his hand. He falls back, focusing all of his efforts on defending himself from Kai's coming assault.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Kai doesn't disappoint, after a few quick steps pushing him inside the reach of the grand klaive it's easy to see why he picked a nimble curved blade. A few flashes of the blade and Kai moves to press the advantage. "You know Lucian planned for this right? I wonder what you needed to learn..." Just them a darting shadow strikes forcing the armor to react , in something that could only be planned Kai's blade follows the hole left by the shadow...

Back to topPage bottom

Seeing that his speed is not enough to stop the incoming attack, Brennus attempts to close the distance but something causes him to abandon that and fall back. Unfortunately, Kai's attack is successful despite his efforts. One side of his chest starts to slump, breath turns to wheezing, and he wipes the freshly coughed up blood from his lips with the back of his hand. Even so, the grin never leaves his face.

"That was -" Wheeze. "-pretty good." Cough wheeze gasp. "Well," whistling inhale, "come on," wincing cough, "then."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh quietly disengages from Lucian, and shifts to Lupus, cocking an ear in the direction of Brennus and Kai.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML