Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Klaviskar Training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, Plus Any Others Interested.) 

Christian looks towards Sera, "Please come watch and if you wish to learn after Kai is done with Brennus we cna start you with the basics. Having an art form is good for the mind and body. Even if that happens to be a martial art."

Kai immediately snaps at Brennus, "Student don't concern yourself with them for they cannot and will not help you. You were given to me. If you some how best me then you may approach the block and test yourself against my Master.   Now the rules you face will be different each time but you should come up with the rules for this engagement. Keep in mind that I am someone who is dead and you don't know who I was in my life. Let alone what tribe or breed or auspice I was. " Motioning with a flourish for Brennus to continue.

Christian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar Training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, Plus Any Others Interested.) 

Brennus seems to size up Kai in silence for a few moments, then begins unbuttoning his shirt. While doing so he turns away slightly arms takes a few steps to the side. Pulling a dedicated sword free from his flesh, the hilt immediately expands into a spear shaft, revealing it to be his ashandarei. After thrusting the point into the dirt he drapes the shirt over the end and returns to his original position.

A circular scar collars his throat, but there is no other sign of damage on a physique that can only be described as inhuman, of the like you only see in movies. Perhaps were Lucian not present the liquid grace with which he stalked forward would have been remarkable, but even still it is noteworthy. For all of that he does not seem to be built for the sort of power lifting the strongest humans would be capable of.

The Fianna's eyes shine amber and he motions with both Klaive and free hand. "Well come on, then."

((How would you like to decide the outcome and nuances of the contest? Maximum transparency is my preference.))

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Kai smiles as he watches every move Brennus makes. Standing there Kai is six foot five with Blonde hair pulled back into a short ponytail. His lithe body seems like a tense predator held by a graceful handler. He is currently wearing a simple pair of black combat pants and simple white shirt. Everything about him looks like it's from a black and white movie with him being clearly being supernatural. "As long as you are ready there are two things I need you to do. First take that spear out of the ground and show it some respect. Second, without thinking point your weapon at me. Also I don't know you and I hope you know I don't mean point the spear at me. "

Back to topPage bottom

His eyes harden, going cold and flat. "You overstep your authority. Beside that, you have already stated that I made the rules for this engagement. Unless you are going back on your word?"

All the while Brennus speaks the tension eases away from him. The silvery light of Luna's Armor being called upon ripples across his body before fading away. He stands ready, weapon held loosely in his left hand.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.) 

As 'Kai and Brennus begin to speak Lucian's ear on the side closest to them twitches. The rumble that starts from his chest is rather low in frequency... A sound more like something out of stories and movies often touched by children feeling ancestral memories as well as something chased after by historians seeking to imitate the largest of lizards the world has carried on her skin.

Lucian neither turns nor opens his eyes. Besides that growl he sits and waits.

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are eleven light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph like marking as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

The start of a smile can be seen growing on Kai's face," Hahaha oh Perrito, this is going to be fun. For their to be rules they must be known. So please go on and tell me what you have come up with and we will use that as the second part of the lesson. For the first part you need to know that you are the weapon. Not that klaive or your gifts or even your environment, but you. They are all tools for you to carve out your victory or to be used against you. Honor the blade but sharpen your mind."

Back to topPage bottom

"Here I thought the shadows loved their secrets," Brennus grins back in return, eyes filled with a glint of friendly mischief. "My apologies, I have been remiss. You introduced yourself and I did not; my wife would be horrified on my behalf."

Evening Frost is casually rolled into a back grip, parallel to his firearm. He offers his right hand in greeting. "I go by Brennus these days. What say you we keep this simple? You and I go to town as we wish. Our allies can grant us strength, but cannot hinder the other or join the fray directly. This is to be a test of skill, is it not?"

"Oh, and your authority ends with Klaviskar and this Klaive. How I interact with my own property or crew is not yours to command. Any clarification needed?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"I will admit that I find it cute Perrito, my Master does not find it amusing another Philodox playing Theurge. I can feel him looking forward to actually getting to teach you himself but the realization that you have very little chance of beating me for a long time. Know that I am a dead Galliard and bound in the ways Lucian does."

Kai walks forward to take Brennus's hand, " I am Kai Lost Cries, Galliard,  Elder of the Shadow Lord Tribe. I will give you one chance to make the rules more in your favor. I will do you one more kindness know that I'm renowned  for having the gift to strip someone of everything that makes them supernatural... Everything. I've used it on a spirit born once before and the results where not pretty. I do not wish this to be that easy of a victory nor have my master have to heal that type of damage again. Will you reconsider?"

Christian looks over to Lucian, "Kathial, doesn't this feel like a fight of servants? I believe Kai reminds me of Gilgamesh the most or maybe Mordred. Brennus reminds me of a Rider or Lancer class at most with that awkward broken spear. "

His shaggy hair seems to have every natural color in it with a few streaks of grey. The way he moves portrays supernatural grace and stamina.

Known conniver with a notable past.

Shadow Lord, Theurge, Lupus Athro

Back to topPage bottom

If a person could become an anthropomorphized record scratch it would look not unlike Brennus. "Huh. I had never thought of what would happen if somebody stripped away my spirit. Lucian and Magi were the only ones who I'd thought would be the risk for that."

He blinks a few times, gathering himself. "Were our situations reversed, what rules would you make? I am here to learn after all."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.) 

Lucian gestures a one moment to Christian before he speaks to Brennus, "Malakai is a Galiard of the Ages, hence his concern over an object being respected. Consider a Galliard smith that puts the stories onto an item so they are forever remembered. Had I been firsted as a Garou it is likely the route I would have gone. That said, any powerful Theurge could strip your supernatural capacity away in a manner that would amke a Silver Fang feel cheated for their quick use gift that does it only temporarily. There is a damn good reason Christian knows how to repair such. He also accidentally made a faux garou once. You should feel free to ask either of those two later about those tales. Each will tell the story very differently."

Lucian then smiles and responds towards Christian, "Brother he's one of the fortunate kinds who were he being summoned as a servant in the nasuverse could be pulled into a number of potential classes. Like Shirou Emiya he would have found himself in that kind of state by becoming a guardian instead of a traditional normal heroic spirit. His nature does not so solidly force him to a specific role either, unlike myself. I would be stuck as a ruler class due to my concern for things like making sure everything goes the way it should. You would be a strange case, either being summoned as a Saber, Avenger, Caster, or Assassin. Brennus could pull off any of the knight classes: Saber, Lancer, or Archer... although most would not realize his class if he was Archer or Saber." Lucian shrugs, "Alignment and attributes for us each would remain the same regardless of class but role would likely determine what form of noble phantasm we had with us. I cannot as easily speak for Sera because she is from this timeline and I do not know her well enough but my best guess is either Lancer by nature or caster by the spiritual tricks she knows. I could see Kai as more Avenger or Assassin with a possibility of Caster."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph like marking as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

Kai shows a smile. " That is the first step you have taken on this journey. Knowing what I have told you I would make this a true test of skill. I would say you cannot use gifts, I would limit forms to homid, I would also say no outside influence. Once the fight is on you need to be able to count on your skills alone. Plenty out there will try and strip you of what they think you need to beat them. If you can subsist on skill alone then you'll never have to worry. "

Almost cutting Kai off," Kai you are not to use your phantasm unless I give you express permission."  Kai immediately looks annoyed. "As you wish , If he's smart he won't even give me the chance to use it. "

Christian turning back to Lucian," There are classes I haven't even heard of that you just spoke of. I will have to take your word for them. Can your student even use a bow let alone be a legendary spirit of one?!?!"

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian laughs, "Shiro Emiya is an Archer Guardian Spirit that actually has Blades as his magic and temper. He literally shoots the noble phantasms he copies." Lucian shrugs, "I will have to put the game series in your hands when we get a chance. The anime is only a part of the iceburg. The version you have been enjoying uses one of the alternate story-line timelines. Amusing considering our current circumstance. The key things for an Archer class are distance attack. As a Fianna it would take Brennus nothing to get spear throwing gifts that would allow him to use supernatural sight and throw the spear as far as he can see. Consider how the Rider of Red barely uses his mount. They change things up creatively all the time. King Arthur in that serious is actually Arthuria and very much female. Similar to the Maria version of Jack the Ripper you saw. Even what we have discussed leaves so much out. There are Demi and psudo servants from games on the Apple phone and tablet. They happened only because of the fame of the series."

Back to topPage bottom

While Lucian speaks Brennus' eyes widen in seemingly never-ending fashion. Once Lucian redirects his attention to Christian - not that he expected to go unnoticed - he steps back without turning his back on anybody. The shirt is quickly removed and tossed to the ground, discarded to the wind if that's how it blows.

His ashandarei is pulled free and he returns to where he'd initially stood, posture distinctly more appropriate to be across from an Elder of such stature. Upon further inspection the weapon is revealed to be more grown than crafted, the blade and wood both of unearthly origin.

He listens carefully to Kai, then considers in silence for a few breaths. "No powers that are not already in effect. No outside interference of any kind that is not already in effect. Homid form only." Brennus' face hardens once more into a determined grin. "We fight until both of us agree that we are finished. If I make you work for a victory, you'll reward me by helping me discover the origins of this ashandarei. If it turns out to be an easy victory for you I will defer to your tutelage entirely unless Yiya-teh directly counters you, until such time as I am able to prevail."

"Finally, there is one final rule: We have a glorious fight, worthy of Heroes."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh wanders up, hair in wet ringlets, as though she'd just been swimming. Small feet are bare, of course, as is most of the rest of her, except the short bit of damp black silk knotted around her hip to form a brief skirt, and a matching band that just about properly bound her chest to have minimal motion if sudden action was required. Without a care for getting him wet with her still dripping hair, Yiya-teh walks up and siddles up to Lucian and the blade that lay on the ground. She sat next to her husband and leaned against him. "You rang?"

Her attempts at hiding her excitement and curiosity would have gone better if she had actually made any attempt to do so.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "Christian and Kai are going over Klaviskar with our student today. However this blade is why I called you. I made this for you. It is rather unique even as far as style of Klaives go." Lucian gestures towards the Dragon Klaive before he picks it up. Casually the blade is offered to Yiya-teh handle first.

Back to topPage bottom

Exactly the opposite of casually, Yiya-teh takes the klaive with an immediate reverence. She lays the blade across her knees where she sits crosslegged, examining first the sheathe, then the hilt, before slowly pulling the blade free. Skilled fingers test it's weight, a small smile spreading over her face as the grip settles in her hand just so. In motions more religious than not, she traced her fingertips over the blade, tested its edge and its point, feeding it a single drop of her blood as she did so. She closed her eyes, and breathed slowly for several heartbeats, perhaps a minute or more. As she did so an aura spread over those around her evoking the solemnity of ritual.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Back to topPage bottom

Straightening up like something finally got his attention Kai looks at Brennuns, " If you do not falter then I can give you a fight worthy of heroes. If you want me want me to  do everything with in my power to fulfill that request that is a very different promise. Nod if that is your intent... I'm glad you finally started paying attention. "

Turning to the blocks, "Master! Are these agreeable? He has finally shown the spark on intelligence and now may be a less full cup worth filling."

After a moment Christian nods and goes back to the conversation with Lucian, " I've been dead, How am I suppose to know all of this?! The semi and lesser make no sense to me...."

Kai turning back to Brennus, " I hope you have an idea what you are in for Perrito, you made a good call with gifts already active not counting." Dark shadowy plates sliding forward to cover him in an ornate full plate. "You'll have to excuse me if in my time I haven't made improvements to some gifts." The final plates pulling over his face to form an ornate Bat helm. The shadows taking lives of their own as all manner of forms can be seen darting around at the edges.

"I am ready Perrito, are you?"

Back to topPage bottom

As the evocation of ceremony washes over him Brennus lets out a long breath, the last of his tension easing away. He considers speaking once more, that much is clear, but chooses a silent nod instead.

Though he stands ready, the Adren waits for Kai to make the first move.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian sort of just shrugs at the response from Christian and offers with a smile, "Plenty of time to read, watch, and play the series now though. Just need to put them in your hands as and when I can. I feel you should know that not all authors of the work are equal. Some scenes in that setting are just..." He half frowns, "Very poorly written even when in an otherwise interesting line of plot."

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh comes back to the here-and now, wiping clean and sheathing the klaive and then turning back to Lucian. "Thank you, Uwakiza." She leans in for a gentle kiss. "It's stunning, and shall be a very great deal of fun to work with." She actually blushed a bit, her dark complexion deepening. "You shouldn't have." The elder leans her shoulder against Lucian, laying the Klaive across her knees again, watching Kai and Brennus avidly.

Back to topPage bottom

Sera moves closer to Yiy-teh, Lucian and Christian. Waiting for a break in the conversation.
“So why do your people duel?..” She seems to want to ask more though it looks like the amount of questions she has her waiting to see the answer to her first one.

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smiles to Yiya-teh and leans in to nuzzle her briefly, "It seemed a good time for the working of such a thing and moments are inspirational."

Towards Sera, Lucian offers the brief explanation, "The garou have a rather religious like warrior culture. A duel is their right over and for nearly anything they disagree with. For most things the duels and challenges are less than deadly but then some things are of course irreconcilable and so end with the death of one party or the other should none of higher station step in. That said it also provides them an honorable route to remove someone within their own nation that is an antagonist to them. Many tribes and old world cultures do or did similar of course so there is an interesting chicken or the egg curiosity to be had there."

Back to topPage bottom

As the shadows continue to shift Kai slowly walks forward the plates of his armor making no noise he seems relaxed as he takes an obviously aggressive stance.

(I'm good with transparency, letting the duel kind of flow.)

Christian turning to Sera, "Kathial is right. It is a system for dispute resolution that has been in our culture as long as we know. Does your culture have something similar?"

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus stands his ground, spear butt planted firmly in the ground in his right hand, Klaive still held along his left forearm. For all that he is stationary the Fianna remains light on his feet and watches for any openings, his eyes taking on the heavy lidded, unfocused gaze of a seasoned killer.

((Are we rolling for it or comparing stats, then narration? I'm okay with either.))

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

(( i'm good if you want to roll, or stat compare. I think Stat compare might be the easiest and quickest for this. We could just go to narration. Also a narration point for each stat we have for this could work so each one gets to do something fun. Kai's not going to try and outright kill Brennus or anything but he is going to hurt him and take some things way from him so he can focus per Kai's beliefs))

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML