Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Give The Kid A Fish......
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Give The Kid A Fish...... 

Lucian shakes his head after holding up a single finger, "Forgive me, too much at once. Like yourself I am noble born kin of garou and something else. That something else was the ghoul families of the Tzimisce vampire clan. They thing I had so rapidly run off to deal with when I my group arrived here was that somehow I had returned to that state of being. One born as a ghoul. I am not that anymore. Gaia has chosen to bond my soul with the spirit of a dragon. I am carrying Gram, otherwise known as Balmung. Lucavi Obertus was a revenant who was embraced by a vampire but managed to still be a good man through and through. One who protected myself and another author who happened to be a vampire so pure of heart she couldn't even feed herself. I have watched her try to waste away from a  lack of feeding on more than one occasion. Giving her permission isn't good enough, you practically have to feed it to her to prove your consent. Lucavi fought against anything that sought to do harm to those who did not deserve it and were not ready. That you see was his catch, his morality was about the evolution of the soul and when death should come for it. So when murderers came in the night for him he let them kill him and they tried to drink his soul dry. For me that was more than fifteen years ago but you see here a lot of things our timeline was set by for landmarks are twenty years behind in the modern age. So the kinds of harm I would bring to those who would hurt Lucavi, should this timeline be so blessed to have such a man, is a list that is both intense and immense. Same with the faeries I mentioned. Everyone a sweet soul that helped pave the wave for my own redemption from being a vampiric blood fueled monster who decided to be a beast for Gaia and becoming one of her forms of chosen... none of which is the focus of this particular story so please wait to ask further on that, for now we discuss Changelings and the Faeries that came before them. You are not carrying what one could call a soul bomb, just a weapon that would bring great harm to a region were it brought into the local dreaming. A weapon I advise and request you consider not wielding against a Faerie because they too are reborn unless that faerie soul is killed. Cold Iron cuts them to the very soul. Excalibur and Balmung have much in common. Some even think Excalibur was inspired by Balmung but I do not think that is quiet right? Certainly the smith which gave Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake had to be aware of it but I am unsure how deeply so. Excalibur is in the hands of the King of the Changelings if stories are true, which for Fae they often are. The Abyssal Mystic I mentioned literally put a Fae childer inside of a cage of cold iron and dangled it over a gaping hole to the Abyss. Being blessed with more limbs than the average kind of folk have I reached out and saved the child. A child who was a Changeling with a very warm heart towards all living folk. I would not knowingly nor willingly let that vampire master of shadows of the Abyss and shaper of Cold Iron do that to a child. I would drag that Mystic to the Sun, which has its own umbral representation and takes none to kindly to Leeches."

Lucian slows down and takes a breath, "Yes, you can be protected from their magics. You can even be gifted non lethal and non soul destroying manners of defending yourself against such beings should you choose to take up such. Please know that silver killing a Garou is also killing their spirit part of that spirit made flesh. Their ain't no ancestor after a death like that. It sort of is why I stopped making Grand Klaives with it. You can also be shown how to defend yourself from all manner of things. The crew you signed on with has no lack of know how for fighting and not fighting as and when situations call for each. Speak with them." Lucian gives Eve a glance before looking back to Rex, "She alone out of that pack knows a fuck lot more than just cooking and herbs. Each of us had a rough life that was about the extent each of us could handle. It has made us uniquely capable. Your pack very muchly so as much as mine. As for why it would bother others if someone came to claim you? A pack is a group of folks close enough to be family which means they should look out for each other. A Sept is like a pack of packs. Formally or not our two packs are their own sept. Any warrior worth their salt would kill for their family if they must and none would [i]let[i/] family be taken, no matter how distant their blood may be to ours." He breathes in as if scenting the area, "And for me it's more than that. I value my friends and family but have never had the illusion of growing up human. As a result I may not be the best or easiest person to get along with but there are times and situations being a monster has many, many advantages and I am okay with who as well as what I am. I am almost certain your pack feels the same way I do about this statement: Nothing gets to just take our folk anymore. You and MAckenzie could each leave if you choose and if any of us were abusing you I would ask that you did even if the abuse was unintentional but each of you and even Sera already hold a spot in the hearts of each person present on SSeras's property for different reasons and someone that decided they owned any of the three of you would find MAlfeas a warmer welcome than the ire of those who have lived through enough shit to make Mc Farlane's Spawn sweat."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

For a rare moment the smile slips from Rex’s face as he looks toward the garage at the homestead. A hard, controlled look of anger and disappointment sets as he looks to where his sword and motorcycle are secured.

“It occurs to me that perhaps my Father intended that sword to draw challengers due to its composition. Despite assurances that cold iron and silver would do the opposite and ward off adversaries with intolerance to said metal.” He states simply. His tone is flat and passionless, which sounds very out of place from him. His look softens and returns to Lucian. “Thank you for explaining the more truthful nature of these materials and their social implications. You have no doubt spared me an untold amount of unfortunate negotiation errors. I will be sure not to draw it without considering the extreme gravity behind such action.”

After that, the moment passes and his grin returns. He looks to Eve with a wily look. “So, if I can’t solve all my problems waving my sword around, would you mind showing me alternative methods some time? Just, not now, because I’m starting to get hungry and I’m running out of fish.” He gestures to the two mounds of meat that have been growing during the conversation. He laughs at himself and returns the geode to its place to entertain the child.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smiles back to Rex and simply nods in the affirmative.

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

At the edge of the forest a large black wolf pads up near Lucian's tree. It's obvious as it raises it's nose into the air following the smell of fresh fish cooking. After a moment it's easier to make out the black wolf due to small blue sparks that travel through his fur like heat lightning.

Christian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Eve glances over and then stands hastily, hoisting her daughter to her hip as she does so. "Oh, um, hello. Welcome, er, Christian? -rhya. I didn't see you arrive." She dips a half curtsy, her Irish accent suddenly very noticeable as she addresses the lone Garou present.

Her hate is as fierce as her devotion is grand and there is no middle ground on which she will stand.
She’s wild and she’s gentle, she is good and she’s bad. She’s proud and she’s humble, she’s happy and sad.
She’s in love with the ocean, the earth and the skies,she is enamored with beauty- wherever it lies.
She’s victor, she’s victim, a star and a clod… but mostly she’s Irish, in love with her God.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

As an afterthought, “Rex, most that wield those materials do not even realize the nature nor depth of damage they cause, simply that they are potent. Best not to blame the smith nor your, father was it? Unless you have other lines of logic to support such. I would be wary of Ahrouns as well as Trolls and Knockers. They each can learn to have a nose for their banes. While I cannot speak with certainty on Changeling society a kin carrying silver can be as big a killing offense as any other for kinfolk in Garou culture.”

Lucian half frowns in thought before asking Christian in a manner to confirm for Eve as well as address the garou joining the circle, “The sheathes we used to use. We never intended to hide the materials with them but I believe by their nature they would, wouldn’t they?”

Back to topPage bottom

While those watching, this large wolf disappears from the forests edge to be standing in front of Eve. Christian's body language isn't hostile more so curious and reserved.  Light sniffing can be heard while he seems to be waiting for the curtsy to end. Low broken English escapes, " Fish please?"

His shaggy hair seems to have every natural color in it with a few streaks of grey. The way he moves portrays supernatural grace and stamina.

Known conniver with a notable past.

Shadow Lord, Theurge, Lupus Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Eve almost jumps when she looks back up from her brief dip to find Christian right in front of her, though she manages to contain herself, if only just barely. "Oh! I, um, of course. I mean, they aren't mine to give, but if Rex is willing to share, I'll replace them myself so no work is lost to him...." She trails off, looking back and forth between Rex and Christian, seeming almost a touch protective of the Silver Fang kinfolk across the fire from her.

She took a moment and closed her eyes, a single deep breath seeming to center her a bit. Her body language became clearer to read, as did her scents, becoming more open to Lupus interpretation.

Her hate is as fierce as her devotion is grand and there is no middle ground on which she will stand.
She’s wild and she’s gentle, she is good and she’s bad. She’s proud and she’s humble, she’s happy and sad.
She’s in love with the ocean, the earth and the skies,she is enamored with beauty- wherever it lies.
She’s victor, she’s victim, a star and a clod… but mostly she’s Irish, in love with her God.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Christian watches as Eve looks back and forth then leans his nose closer to her sniffing. A strong snap of static electricity arcs from his nose to her leg with an audible crack.  
"Why Eve worry bout those? I no harm to kin... Skinny boy need more fish practice anyway all you say" Then looking towards Rex, "Fish Please..."

His shaggy hair seems to have every natural color in it with a few streaks of grey. The way he moves portrays supernatural grace and stamina.

Known conniver with a notable past.

Shadow Lord, Theurge, Lupus Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian places the back of a half closed hand on his mouth as if to hide his mirth at the current situation between Irish sea wife, Noble born boy turning survivalist, and renowned Shadow Lord 'terror' being polite for fish. He says not one damn thing.

Back to topPage bottom

Rex nods with a smile a takes a plate-like stone and the larger of the remaining fish. “You are welcome to it. Would you like it whole, or prepared as Eve is teaching?” He asks politely. His posture remains relaxed, but his eyes never rise to meet the wolves own. He brings it towards his guest and kneels with it.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"As is, best fresh"  He removes the fish from the rock in an amazingly gentle way for a wolf of that size. after taking just a step back he lays down and whispers a small prayer for the spirit of the fish. Then he starts consuming the fish on the spot.

After licking his lips and cleaning his paws Christian looks towards Rex, " You are one with odd blade Yes?"

Back to topPage bottom

“I am. It has been secured with my other personal items.” Rex says simply, returning to the last of his preparations. He cleans his knife with care once the fish have been finished.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Good work, now you fish more?" With the quizzical head lean commonly seen. "I help Rex fish if want. Good teacher. Good Hunter. Teach to pray for spirit. "

Back to topPage bottom

“I welcome your help, but fishing more must wait until I have properly respected my current tutor. Eve is still teaching me to cook. Once I have completed the tasks she sets forth to her satisfaction, I would most gratefully follow your instruction.”

He speaks clearly, keeping eyes low and tone non-offensive. His posture conveys that while no hostility is present, he is firm. He takes up the vegetables he gathered and waits for direction.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

With a sigh Christian lays down on the ground. "You honor the odd cooking and Eve then fish. We get many so learn much." There isn't a care in the world by his demeanor.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian continues to smile at the unfolding events as his posture relaxes.

Back to topPage bottom

Eve glances suspiciously at Lucian and then nods to Christian as he settles, rubbing her thigh where the Lupus had zapped her by incident. "I am protective of my brother around all garou I do not know very well. He has been badly treated at the hands of the wolf-blooded of his line and others besides. And though those tales are his to tell or not, I can say that I would not forgive myself should any harm come to him which I could have prevented. It is not that I was certain you might harm him, Honored Garou. Simpy that I do not know you nor your reputation well enough to be certain that you would not. Forgive me."

Just then the little girl on her hip looks down to Christian and reaches towards him with one hand. "Hi, 'ulfy!" She offers in cheerful greeting. Eve blushes and takes her daugher's hand, settling back down onto her log so that she was back on eye-level with Christian. "No, love, this is a Garou, a Lupus, not a wolf. Lupus." The little one scrunches up her nose in thought and dutifully offers back. "Lu-pus."  Eve smiles at her daughter and then adds to Christian, "My daughter, Riognach."

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

While Christian doesn't really move it's easy to watch his ears rotate towards Eve when she starts speaking. " Sorry shock, is part of Thunder Child. If Eve want stories or to know me ask and I hide nothing. No need sorry for protect pack."

As if almost waiting for a response when the little girl reaches down, just his ears moving at first. Then about the time she scrunches her nose he stands and stretches. Taking the few steps he gently lays his head down on the log next to the little one, "Good meet Riog-nach"

Back to topPage bottom

The little girl giggled with the sort of unabashed freedom that only the young can possess, and reached out one hand, fingers carefully curled under, to offer the back of her hand to Christian's snout for him to sniff.  She pauses after a moment and looks toward her mother, who smiles and nods. "Good girl. That's right. We offer our hand for scent, but then we wait, and don't touch unless they touch first. Just like with your uncles." She spoke slowly and in slightly exaggerated cadence, but she did not address her daughter with baby speak of any kind.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

With a quick sniff Christian bumps the little girls hand onto his head. His thick black fur is extremely soft and its clear that he's been around homid children before. "I easy go Lupus, have seen lots of homid pups at past septs."

Back to topPage bottom

Eve smiles indulgently as the little girl plays with the fur and ears of the Lupus next to her, occasionally shooting glances in Lucian's direction, but otherwise remaining relaxed. "If you'd like to clean a few more fish, Rex, I think I will get a meal ready for us all."

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Christian seems completely content with the child playing with his fur or face. Perking his ears at the mentioning of food "For us all? Yes more"

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian seems more relaxed with Christian and the baby interacting. At Christian’s reply to the offer he chuckles before himself replying, “Thank you Eve and thank you Rex.”

Back to topPage bottom

"Of course, no thanks are needed. I've time and we're all hungry or will be." Eve glanced at Lucian, and then watched her daughter for a moment. Looking as though she had made a decision, she set her down against the log without disrupting her playing with the wolf, and moved just a little ways around the fire to the veggies Rex had gathered, and began preparing them. She kept a watchful eye on her little girl but does not seem overly worried.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML