Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

The Binding of Packs (Tag all)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: The Binding Of Packs (Tag All) 

Backlash approaches the group from the tree line, both eyes open and uncovered. His red eye seemed a bit tighter than his blue eye, but he walked swiftly and confidently. He greets people as he passes and takes a seat within two or three yards from Lucian.

Backlash Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Rex jaunts up to the group with a laugh, waving at the big group of people. His jacket hung open and revealed a distinct lack of shirt, which somehow seemed just as natural as one being there. His silver eyes gleamed bright.

“This time stuff really works! I made a whole lunch and ate it and caught up to all of you in no time! This is awesome! What are we doing again?” He asks happily. Then he sees Lucian, and a series of quick, panicked looks around unused to ascertain if he should leave again or somehow become invisible. Failing, he looks back towards Mackenzie.

“Am I supposed to be here, or...”

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie grins reassuringly at Rex, "Lucian and some of the others have said that I can stay so I can't see why you can't either. If you want though to ask permission though to be sure..." she makes a sliding motion with an open hand toward the gathering packs.

"If you wanna sit with me you can- that way we will be on the sidelines and out of the way of the ritual?" And ideally out of danger from curious spirits too given what was earlier warned about.

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0

Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: The Binding of Packs (Tag all) 

Lucian gives Backlash a smile, "Good to see you."

Lucian quirks an eyebrow at Rex's response, "I have no reason to hurt you Rex. Plenty of reason to hurt others over you based on how you act but nor reason to hurt you. Far as I am concerned you are welcome about where ever you choose to be. IN this instance check with Brennus, Yiya-teh, and Sydney if you wish to only observe. Although I was under the impression you would be joining Brennus and his group,"

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Brennus waves to each of the newest arrivals, grinning at Rex. "You are with us, kid, if you still want to be. All the voting and the being part of a crew? This is just a formalization and, hopefully, gaining the patronage of a totem. No stress if you want to stand aside for now. Joining a pack, especially one designed to last, is not a thing to be forced." His grin grows crooked and mischievous. "That being said, if you want freedom and adventure joining this way will be the best bet."

He turns to Syd with a questioning eyebrow raised. After a few moments of trying to find the right words he simply shrugs. "Pauldrons are cool and I want it. Thoughts?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian laughs at Brennus' comment about pauldrons, "I tell you what, even if we bind the theurges to each other I can make sure some of the gear requests you have made can be Pauldrons. Well, two of course. So far I have the prototype dial rings in the hands of some Svartálfar so that I can get the results for that shield in an immediacy. Nothing requires it to be one shape over another besides armor is more convenient and a ring works for using blocking gestures." He smiles, "I still personally approve of having you and Yiya-teh wearing the masks because of the apprenticeship, but similarly I feel the same for Sydney." Lucian shrugs, "If my pack goes for Hakahe, who benefits most from your pack in receiving benefits to crafting and the occult? If we go for whoever wants us most then who benefits the most from an unbroken cord giving them access to my skills?"

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

Syd blinked when her name was said by Brennus clearly paying attention again after the shirtless kinfolk had walked into her vision. There was a slight blush on her cheeks cause there was no hiding the fact that it had happened.

"If it still can work as per normal I don't see any reason why it couldn't be a pauldron. I mean as long as something is shaped like a mask and well she shoulder arm part is perfect for that." Syd started talking, clearly working back into Theurge brain. "I also agree, that depending on who we get there might be more beneficial to have the Theurges bound for this. Is that something we have to be sure of sooner rather than later? Or can we flesh that out after we know what our pack has gotten?"

(4 Apperance Traits)
Spirit Magnet: Spirits find her, interesting.
Born Leader: Others respond to your inherent authority and tend to follow your orders or suggestions. Even if you do not hold a position of leadership, those around you treat you as if you did.

Picture Base Model

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Brennus shakes his head. "You misunderstand, I have no doubts as to the efficacy of transferring the mask to a pauldron. I was making my pitch to be our pack's holder of the link.  However I may have misunderstood Lucian earlier. Was it only the bearer of the mask who gained the advantages and taboos of the totem or is it the entire pack?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Back to topPage bottom

Rex immediately grins at the mention of adventure, confidence completely restored. Had it ever really left? Impossible to tell, looking at the young man’s face. He doesn’t notice Sydney’s blush, as he is shrugging at Mackenzie.

“I’ve done the sidelines thing. These people are a fun kind of crazy. I think I’ll run around with them for a while, but I might like to catch my breath on the sidelines later if there’s still a spot. I hear they are hard to keep up with.”

Somehow, despite being an entirely innocent statement, it sounds utterly flirtatious as it rolls off of his lips. He smiles warmly, making those impossible eyes shine as only a faerie tale could. He then turns back to everyone and gestures to Sydney.

“I think maybe the Spirit Worker should do the Spirit things. Leaders are usually too busy leading, at least, in my experiences here. Just my vote. If we are still doing that.”

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian tilts his head back and forth clearly thinking as he almost physically rolls around the thought in his head before answering Brennus, "With a totem mask, yes. I can work a little harder to overcome that limitation if the Theurges and the packs wish it so. It is easily within my knowledge and experience when you consider the pastes I make to use in place of Pack's Blood without anyone leaving their pack. Traditionally though only the person wearing the mask gets the benefits and requirements of the other pack in addition to the pack they are actually in." Lucian smiles, "I mean if not for that I would have advised you put it onto whoever had the least number of things they were going to need to have attuned to them. Although Leon once avoided needing to have a mask attuned through a method I was less than pleased with. He and Charlotte had the masks tattooed onto them. No need to attune anything that way but it meant they were solidly the anchors between that Helios and that Uktena pack. Christian unwove that and people got pissed at him for correcting a wrongful way of doing things. Uktena included because in that land that slice of that totem was insane and genuinely thought Helios kept secrets."

Back to topPage bottom

While Rex and Lucian speak Brennus gives the entirety of his attention over to their words. Careful consideration is writ upon his face as he weighs their points.

"Fair enough. I retract my bid, Syd, this suits you far better than I."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Syd waited to hear the answer to the question that Brennus brought up, there is a hint of a smile when Rex also votes for her, not in a superior way but she seems to appreciate the gesture,  when Brennus changes his mind there is a flash of surprise in her eyes as she glances at him then looks away nodding her head as she attempts to hide the surprise with a sudden need to get her hair out of her face.

"Well then, this should be interesting." She says as she attempts to collect herself and manages a smirk. "But I may need to steal the idea of it being on a pauldron that might just look really cool. Especially for Celestine."

(4 Apperance Traits)
Born Leader: Others respond to your inherent authority and tend to follow your orders or suggestions. Even if you do not hold a position of leadership, those around you treat you as if you did.

Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

Rex's smile is easily met and returned with one from Mackenzie. Laughing lightly she makes a "go as you wish" gesture with both her hands.

"Far be it from me to stop you from freedom and adventure," her own tone matching his flirting one also despite the innocence of the statement.

"And don't worry- I'll keep a spot for you when you need a break." Yup. Still has that tone of teasing.

Stepping back a pace so that while still in the group, she is not fully in the group she lets their words wash over her, simply enjoying the presence of people.

Back to topPage bottom

Sera walks up. “Hey everyone what’s going on?”

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

A gesture and glance toward Yiya-teh. "She can explain it far better than I, but the general idea is that of finalizing pack structures."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian sort of rubs the back of his neck, "Well uh, I don't know so much about finalizing. Just binding. My pack has a pretty bloody history of finalizing itself but we do that to save on fighting down the line. Every time we get a new member we repeat the process. It is a good tradition at this point to involve making sure every has a place in the lineup and everyone has a chance not only at the beginning but to remember to try for it if they think they can do better this time." He looks the group over, "We usually do that part away from everyone so that only those that really want to see it do so. The after party, that's a whole different story. The whole point of the revel at moots is that septs who party together stay together, right? Our pack isn't too damn different about our friends."

Then he smirks, "The whole aura of mystique? That's just because of me and Christian. He likes to make it look darker and always wanted the rituals to make me feel more at home. He's a very loveable asshole like that. I didn't have the heart to tell him for a whole decade the ritual he was mimicking was a brutal mockery of a Koldunic rite."

Back to topPage bottom

Syd let the others talk as she herself looked over what was there, taking in the various things needed for the ritual as she was clearly making a note in her head for now of each thing that was present. When Sara arrived, she waved but didn't have anything to add to her question for now.

(4 Apperance Traits)

Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

After listening to the back and forth for a bit, Yiya-teh speaks up. "If Sydney will be carrying the mask for pack, I suggest that either Backlash, or Faula, should she decide to join up with us, hold it for ours. Keeping the homid, theurge, glasswalkers of the two packs as our points of connection seems like the wisest idea for me."

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shrugs and looks to Backlash and Faula before shrugging again, "Theurges. Up to my neck in theurges. One Ragabash that ran off who knows where, a beautiful bear who is off helping her people, and four Theurges." Lucian smirks to Brennus, "May your spread be better but your options themself be just as excellent?"

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus laughs from his toes, crows feet wrinkling the skin around his eyes. "Oh my spread is just fine, friend. One Theurge teacher and one Theurge sister is quite enough for me, thank you kindly."

"With all the mystics in your pack I have no doubts that Hakahe will see fit to grace you with his patronage. Spirit Smiths, the lot of you."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"I have no issue being bound to either of them. It does sound like a wise choice." Syd piped up with a smile. "Though who will be the better fit will likely fall on who decided we look interesting."

(4 Apperance Traits)

Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

“My ears were burning, so I wandered this way.” Noting the herbs and ritual preparations, “Are we preparing for a ritual casting?  Do you require assistantance?”

Faula Arinoc Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian looks the full group over, "If you folks would kindly segregate into the area of your respective pack members a little more visually obviously I would like to now cede the floor to our two casters." Lucian then looks over, "Actually Backlash, you mind casting for us so Yiya-teh can work to keep the rituals working in harmony and unison?" Lucian looks to Faula, "You could work with Yiya-teh to provide support as needed or work with the Rite caster in whichever pack you are intending to join?" Lucian shrugs and moves over to a side slightly to give more room to Brennus, Syd, Eve, and Rex.

Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie takes a large step back and away from the group, extra highlighting that she is not with either.

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus steps back as well, though not as far as Lucian, and settles in to wait. "For those who are undecided, our pack is run like a crew. No absolute authority outside of battle, no Alpha-Beta tyrannies, everybody gets a vote."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML