Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Bettering A Thumbnail.( Tag Mackenzie)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Bettering A Thumbnail.( Tag Mackenzie) 

Sera walks through the woods into the cleaned area the she knows Mackenzie is at. Making noise so that her approach is not to sudden.
“Hey Mackenzie can I get your opinion on these?” She holds out a sketch book with two pictures upon it.
One is the head of a brown bear raised in a snarl which turns into the head of a mountain lion with a twinkle in his eye which then turns into a The Head of a Timber Wolf with a never gonna stop attitude to it. The three heads are in a circular pattern.[Sera rolls 7 dice to Drawing phys tattoo    5,4,3,5,5, 10,3 [2 success]]
The second has the same circular pattern only the animals are there birds. A raven that looks like it’s about to laugh...maybe, a hawk that seems to have spotted exactly what it wants and an owl with a look of of course I knew that.    [Sera rolls 7 dice to Drawing mind tattoo    9,6,7,4,7, 8,2 [5 successes]]

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Bettering A Thumbnail.( Tag Mackenzie) 

Hearing Sera's approach, Mackenzie straightens from her activities and looks around to spot the other woman walking her way.

Reaching out to accept the sketch book, even as she is agreeing "Sure...", she takes a moment to look over the sketches.

"Did you draw these? What are they for?" She asks first, not yet giving an opinion.

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0

Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

“Yes I drew them. I’ll be tattooing them on myself.” Sera smiles.” Which brings me to my next question. How steady is your hand and have you ever tattooed anyone.”

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie bends over the sketch book, “You have skill- living forms are tricky and you have managed to show emotion through them even. That is even harder. And the birds...” she makes a noise of appreciation, “Mammals have more familiar features, so it is easier to get them to emote if you will. But birds ... you’ll notice even in cartoons they often resort to giving them mammalian features so they can be relatable.”

Surprised, she glances up from admiring the work. “Uh- I mean, I have a fairly steady hand I like to think but I have never tattooed before. Are you uhm... looking for someone to transfer?”

Back to topPage bottom

“You seem a little shy about it. I actually picked up drawing to help with my tattooing. Though it always helps to have another eye look at the sketches before applying them to where they should go. The lines are good though? I don’t have any weird angles or tangents?” Sera smiles.
“I don’t need anyone to help in the transfer, unless it’s in an awkward spot. I was simply curious and I haven’t fully decided on where I want to put them on myself.”

Back to topPage bottom

A chuckle, “Not shy- just taken by surprise at the question I guess.”

She nods, turning her attention back to the drawings, “I don’t blame you. Tattoos being a bit more than a wall painting you can replace I would want to be sure as well. But no- all the stuff I would suggest are minor and mostly stylistic stuff.”

She traces the air over a couple of lines, “Like here- I would soften these strokes. Maybe add a ruff of fur? And on this-“ she hovers over one of the birds eyes, “Lighten the area around here- just to make sure you are drawing attention to it. Really emphasize the focal point for the look you’ve achieved.”

She looks back up at Sera and lifts a shoulder in a shrug, “But they don’t make or break the imagery.”

A surprised look, “Really? Just looking for a new tattoo then? Most of those that I know who have tattoos sort of do the design and placement process at the same time. Well... at least when they are designing them this way,” she adds tapping the sketch book.

Back to topPage bottom

“The Form And shape of the tattoo is more important than where it is. Though I had been planning on putting them just below my hips on the upper part of my legs. I shouldn’t sY I don’t know where to put the tattoo it’s more I was trying to figure out which of the three different areas I wanted to have them on. “ She smiles. “Any tattoo I put on my body I intend to have a purpose for. So it’s image is very important to me.”

Back to topPage bottom

"I think that if I were to get a tattoo I would have the same sentiments. May I ask the purpose of these? If it's personal- I understand though."

"Ah- so you have three potential areas and you are trying to figure out of them which two to use?" She thinks for a moment, "I know that with tattoos- a lot of time it is important the curve of the body. Making sure that an image on 2-D flat paper," she taps the sketch book, "Also looks good curved. Or in shadow. Perhaps considering such elements for the tattoo will help you narrow it down?"

Back to topPage bottom

“Well the one she points to the bear, lion and wolf are meant to help me channel the strength of the bear, the speed of the lion and the tirelessness of the wolf.  The other is to help me embody the cunning of the Raven, the wisdom of the owl and the all seeing eyes of the Eagle.” She looks towards Mackenzie. “ There is battle in my coming days, that which i can prepare now will make things easier for me later.” She looks at her one tattoo. “This one helps me channel lightening. It’s one hell of a taser.” She chuckles a bit.

Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie nods along m, following the sentiments behind the tattoo designs.

As Sera explains the lightning tattoo though she blinks and there is a beat, “Wait ... like ... literally channel lightning? Does that mean these ones ...” she glances to the sketches and then back up to Sera. The question hanging silent but mostly obvious in the air between them.

Back to topPage bottom

Sera laughs. “No.” She points at her lightening tattoo. “This one is a fetish. That’s not what I plan to do for those two.” She Pause And looks towards Mackenzie “I plan on using spirit sheathing techniques with them allowing me to gain certain aspects of the animals.”

Back to topPage bottom

"Oh," she says sounding simultaneously relieved and disappointed.

"Uhh... I do not know what that means," she admits with a rueful laugh at herself.

Back to topPage bottom

“Well a fetish is usually an object with a spirit put into it. They are deals so that usually it’s a give and take situation. In this case it’s a tattoo fetish. It means I worked really hard with a spirit of lightening to make this,” she taps the tattoo, ”a proper housing for it. In return I do him or those untainted in Ödin's brood a favor. I’d do them the solid anyway so it’s not to much out of my way, yet it still makes sure that the spirits job is done.” She looks towards Mackenzie seeing if she follows so far.
“Spirit sheathing is a process by which you pull the spiritual aspect of something and add it to your own. Thereby gaining that trait for your own for awhile. In this case I plan on making it semi permanent so that it is less prep work I have to do before a big battle, or if someone jumps me I can pull on it then.”  she smiles at Mackenzie
“Did that help?”

Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie nods toward her at the look, adding the addition information regarding fetishes to the small bit she already knew.

Her eyebrows draw together, puzzling through it. “So ... like literally having a bear’s strength when the time comes?” She glances to Sera to confirm or correct. “Because that sounds Uber awesome and handy.”

Back to topPage bottom

She smiles. “Yeah that’s the idea.”

Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie lets out a soft whistle, "That is kind of awesome."

"Will it be hard? Or hurt or anything... I mean, past the usual tattoo issues."

Back to topPage bottom

“Well...yes and no. The process itself won’t hurt past the normal. And it can hurt if I push myself past the point of what a normal human can then the entire process can hurt. The body and mind can only take so much for an extended period of time before something snaps.”

Back to topPage bottom

"I imagine that is a relief," said with a grin.

"I wasn't sure if the ... extra bits of the tattoo would make it more painful."

Carefully closing the sketch book she offers it up to Sera, "I think they look good. Was there anything else in particular you were concerned about with them?"

Back to topPage bottom

“No there wasn’t anything else. Anything you need? There is food on the stove in the house as well as rooms beds and a shower if you want it.”

Back to topPage bottom

"The house? Food is afterall the way to my heart," she says with a laugh.

"Though I am all set with a room- Eve has found me a place on the ship in the Umbra. Though... I may take you up on the shower for sure. Thank you."

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML