Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Seeking The Elder ((tag Yiya-teh))
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Seeking The Elder ((tag Yiya-teh)) 

Brennus leisurely strolls through the fields while eating stew from a bowl, raven familiar gliding in the sky above. As he does so, his eyes scan about for anything that might seem amiss.

"If I were Elder where would I be? A mystic, a shaman, and a wise woman she. The sky and the earth and the Umbra make three!"

Just as his rhyme comes to a close he grins, making his way to her side. Long before his own eyes have seen her.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Seeking The Elder ((tag Yiya-teh)) 

Yiya-teh just chuckles, stopping her work tilling the earth in neat rows by hand. Literally. Well, by claw at least.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"How does this bright, beautiful day treat you, oh benevolent teacher?" He holds out his food to share if she wishes. "Might I interest you in shone stew?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Back to topPage bottom

"The same as it has for the last eternity, I daresay. I would love some, thank you." She brushes off her hands and takes the bowl, plopping down next to where she left off. "What's on your mind?"

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Back to topPage bottom

He hands over the bowl gladly. "Oh, Lucian and I were discussing some light treason. My crew is onboard, so now it is just a matter of discussing it with you to get your support or find a different way. We came up with a plan of sorts, but seeing as you are the one making the calls it might as well be fanciful storytelling unless you agree."

He grins awkwardly, suddenly appearing both younger and more lanky than usual. "Mad King in power, a Nation that does not yet know the fear and respect of their Kin, and with the Silver Crown not yet claimed we very likely have our balance among the Wyrm's creatures bent on averting that future. Seems only right to take a stand and save what lives we can."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"Go on." She blinks at him very slowly while she eats with a quickness (yet neatness) that might put to shame even a hungry Brennus.

Back to topPage bottom

He takes a long breath to clear his mind and memory. "This is all being relayed by my best recollection and with the presumption of it being given your approval."

"Lucian and those who prefer to join him hole up at the Temple, find some way to muscle through without a Caern. I will take my pack to a nearby Caern and try to integrate. My own oddities will draw the other misfits to me, Sydney will be able to network with the local Glass Walkers, which gives us a nearly unlimited access to this world's history, the girls can get the details from Kinfolk, more or less unnoticed by Garou, and Reagan can work with Rex to contact the more informative parts of society."

Brennus' forehead wrinkles in concentration, jaw clenching in rhythm with his heartbeat.

"Those who stay with him can focus the entirety of their efforts on fortification, gathering survival resources, and spiritual matters. We stay linked by the beads Feather Heart was so kind as to share with us, make alterations to our tactics as votes and new information calls for it. We will need money, though, and a lot of it."

He nods then, his tone returning to conversational instead of by rote. "This will, of course, only work if I am the highest rank involved. If one of the Athro or yourself were to be there it would shift the balance of the whole mission." Brennus shrugs in a half-hearted attempt to seem shamed. "Plus, I rather dislike taking orders in the field, I hope to use this opportunity to create a substantial powerbase for my crew and myself, and it will be much easier to manage as a team that are familiar."

"If the integration fails, then we know where we stand and what needs to be done. At that point, Lucian proposed me and mine taking over the forest territory where we arrived while he and his maintain the Temple. He seems inclined to believe there is a place of power nearby and I have no reason to doubt him."

A grin crosses his face as an idea makes his eyes shine. "The greatest weakness to that plan is a complete lack of inroads with the Purelanders. It seems unlikely that I will find them particularly welcoming to one such as myself, not that I blame them, but if you were to approach your people separately..."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"Get together a list of all the failpoints you can come up with, and two potential solutions to each. Also... if this goes the way of us forming a new nation unto ourselves, as it very well could.... I want you to be ready to begin discussing potential laws and the formation of traditions. Talk with your theurge." She hands him the empty bowl.

Back to topPage bottom

"Understood. There has also been discussion of the acquisition or creation of magical items through various methods. Do you have any particular limitations on that process? Materials, quests, spirits, and so on? Per Reagan the time dilation effect seems to continue along as far as we do." He retrieves the offered bowl, smiling to himself for a brief moment. "We clearly cannot infect this entire timeline, but we are somewhat restrained by circumstance."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"You're an Adren now. Exercise your best judgment, child, and if you have specific concern or question, then ask. Just remember that if you're wrong, there are consequences, so exercise logic and caution as well." She turns and begins working again, though not quite dismissing him.

Back to topPage bottom

"I was thinking about permanently altering my pattern and, separately from that, petitioning at least one aspect of Luna for moonsilver. The rest is mostly materials gathering, negotiating with spirits, and a bit of adventure. Clearly my whole crew, or at least those of a mind to join me, would be with me. A wise woman once told me that negotiating with spirits was not my place, as a general rule, so bringing my Theurge along is non-optional. Trying to break the habit of going off alone. It worries my pack and one day my absence could be their undoing. The horizon will have its due, I fear, so this is my best guess at how to go about things."

He stares off into the distance in silence for a few minutes. "Seeing as we have the time, there will clearly be significant study before going off into the great beyond. Need to ask Sera if we can build a ship on her land."

Realizing he's rambled off causes him to shake his head. "Do you have any final wisdom to share before I begin? If ever there was a time for me to listen it would be now."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

She shakes her head. "Remember that the rules here are different. I cannot in conscience council you better than that - the laws of the People, the laws of the Umbra and the Spirits, the laws of our physical makeup itself, of the land and sea and sky, of fae and friend and foe - nothing is the same as it was, and to let yourself believe so for even a moment could be the death of everyone you care about. Be careful."

Back to topPage bottom

"Your words will not leave my mind, Elder. If there is nothing else?" For all of his usually mercurial nature, in this moment it is clear that he is taking this very seriously.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"Oh, I am sure there are many things, but, as is often the case, and moreso now than usually, the time is not quite right."

Back to topPage bottom

"Fair enough. Should I send somebody with more food? If more people do not see you eat it will be all the harder to keep them calm until we can fix this." His tone is questioning, but without challenge.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"No, no food necessary. I've work to do. I eat with the group when there's group meals." She offers him a smile. "Sound thinking though. Good job."

Back to topPage bottom

"Thank you, Elder. I will leave you to your meditations." Brennus smiles and nods once more, turning on his heel and returning the way he came.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML