Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

A Walk In The Woods (tag, Mackenzie!)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Walk In The Woods (tag, Mackenzie!) 

Eve nodded. "I don't.... I don't like the umbra." She shivers, and does not let go of Mackenzie's hand, unless the other woman tries to let go herself. Either way, she turns and marches out of the creepiest bit of woods, into mildly less creepy surroundings. "It's a bit of a walk now, but less frightening this way, than through the rest of the glade."

Her hate is as fierce as her devotion is grand and there is no middle ground on which she will stand.
She’s wild and she’s gentle, she is good and she’s bad. She’s proud and she’s humble, she’s happy and sad.
She’s in love with the ocean, the earth and the skies,she is enamored with beauty- wherever it lies.
She’s victor, she’s victim, a star and a clod… but mostly she’s Irish, in love with her God.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie very much does not let go, her steps coming as close to Eve’s heels as she can get away with.

“When the eclipse ends will it get light here? Maybe if there is sunshine it will be less ... scary.” She says after a pause. She wanted to be tougher but the eerie twighlit land with its looming presence put her teeth on edge. And somehow she didn’t get the feeling that denying her fear would work. There would be no faking it till she made it. It would just be keeping your shit together until it was done.

Equipment: Backpack w/ wallet, cell phone, sketch book or 3, art supplies

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0

Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Eve shakes her head. "It's never really bright in this part of the umbra. In individual realms it might or might not be.  But here in the Shadow of Mother Gaia, not so much Twilight is the best we get, though sometimes MUCH darker happens. That pretty much always means a Bad Thing(TM) is about to happen, and I make myself scarce."
The Fianna kin trudges onward, and soon they reach a break in the treeline.

Before them rested the enormous glistening bulk absorbing nearly the whole field of vision. It gazed over the open expanse of the umbra grinning eternally with its skeletal bow.
    The entire front of the ship was carved as a single enormous bleached skull, mounted on a hull of immense ribs of some great nether beast. Cleaving the sky stood the mast; a rising spine of white draped with the arching skeins of silks that seemed ivory or black in turns. The rear of the ship held its cabin firm atop the wide expanse carved in the likeness of hip bones. Two booms swayed gently from the edge of the deck, like two jutting horns.

"That beautiful Lady in front of you, luv, be the Hushed Casket, and a fine Lady is she."

Her hate is as fierce as her devotion is grand and there is no middle ground on which she will stand.
She’s wild and she’s gentle, she is good and she’s bad. She’s proud and she’s humble, she’s happy and sad.
She’s in love with the ocean, the earth and the skies,she is enamored with beauty- wherever it lies.
She’s victor, she’s victim, a star and a clod… but mostly she’s Irish, in love with her God.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Oh. I didn't realize. But that sounds like good advice- I may follow suit." A pause and then a wan smile, "Assuming I come back that is."

Mackenzie falters in her steps and then stalls all together as she takes in the ship, her mouth dropping open. Finally when she remembers that she knows how to talk still all she breathes is a quiet "Wow..."

Blinking and coming out of her awe at the ship she looks to Eve, "She is amazing!" her voice coming out low, though fully enthusiastic. A glance back to the ship, "I mean... terrifying in this place with the whole..." a hand waves at their surroundings, "But mostly amazing. Though..." Her head tilts as she frowns at the ship, "Why is she on land?"

Back to topPage bottom

Eve just quirks a smile at that last question. "Because we didn't have a body of water big enough to land her in, I imagine. I cannot wait for my pack and I to begin building our own ship. A different kind of creation entirely, not the same as Lady Cas at all, but ours, and I miss a deck beneath my feet. I never thought I would, I hated my first time out on sea. But my next couple of trips grew on me." She glances to the great hulking ship, and back to Mackenzie. "Ready to meet her?"

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

“Why are you guys building a ship? This one not big enough for everyone? And especially if there is no waterways... And yes- I would love to get a closer look!”

For the moment the presence of the ship drives the feelings brought on by their umbral surroundings away. Which means a return of question onslaught.

Back to topPage bottom

"Well, my husband was a real-and-honest pirate once a couple of hundred years ago, and some things die hard. Lady Cas belongs to Backlash-rhya and he to her. Our pack needs it's own, and my Brennus needs his own to be happy. As for lack of water, I believe that Bren plans to set ours to flying like some sort of creation of never neverland, but only here in the spirit world, thank the sweet Lord and Mother Gaia both," she finished, crossing herself. She begins the march to the Hushed Casket, and as they (slowly) draw closer, Mackenzie is able to get a real idea of the scope of it's size. From ground to lip of the deck, the hull rose what must have been 80 feet into the air. It took several minutes to approach, because she was much further away than it appeared.

When they got there, Eve knocked very lightly on on the hull. "Lady Casket? You look lovely today hun. I was wondering if you might let down your gangplank, beautiful? I could climb the rigging, but with the babes, you know I prefer not to. Oh, and I made a set of pipes. If you want, I'll play them for you tonight. You can sing along."

A beautiful, haunting, groaning note that came from no truly identifiable point - but the sound was melodic and was also clearly a response from the ship. A long ramp descended from the ship slowly. "Thank you, sweet siren of the skies. Your Captain must be more proud of you every day." Eve turned to Mackenzie. "No idea if she understands me, but we get on well enough. We should start walking. Plank comes out a long way on a ship this tall." True to her word, the long board kept extending and extending until it touched the quite a ways away, so that the walk up it was steep, but manageable.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"That sounds like it will be a sight to see," Mackenzie says. And although she means it, she can't help but sound distracted as they approach the massive ship.

Jumping back in surprise, Eve's hand dropped as she does so with the sound from the ship, her eyes wide. "Uhhh...." she stammers, her heart still beating faster than usual.

Swallowing, and keeping a wary eye on the ship, she nods, "Given that she did what you asked I would say there is a very good chance that she does."

Her fingers curling into fists, she steps quickly to keep close to Eve.

Back to topPage bottom

"Well, I mean, I know she understands my intent, but what else is someone who talks real nice at her from the bottom down here gonna want but a way up?"

Once the pair are on board, the plank retracts on it's own, as Eve pauses to thank the ship for her kindness.  Above the ship looks not unlike a seventeenth century sailing vessel. Below decks, where Eve leads them immediately, is another matter altogether. It looked not unlike what might happen if the luxury cruise industry had been able to flourish when people still took pride in their work. Every inch of the ship she'd seen thus far was hand-carved, and felt like it. Every detail, and there were many, flowed in neat lines one to the next, in beautiful accenting at every possibility. She led them through a narrow hall and stopped in front of a door. "Key's on the inside in case you want to lock it. The babes' nursery  are next door to the right. I'm two doors down, with Caiolynn. This is normally her room, but she's sharing with me. Syd, the sweet dear, is on the other side of you. Though you'd feel safest surrounded by the ladies and the babes. There's a door in the back that you can lock from your side, same key. Leads into the nursery. The door between there and my room is always open, so don't be afraid to come find me if you need, or pop in and play with the wee ones if the fancy strikes you." She gestured to the various doors in the hall as she spoke, and then waved a hand in an 'after you' motion to the door to cabin.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie shakes her head, a slight rolling of her eyes and a half smile to take away the sting of the gestures. "You," she says looking at Eve, "Are not giving yourself enough credit."

Following after Eve, Macknezie is often having to step quickly to catch the other woman. Her attention being grabbed by the ship's architecture, drawing her to the side or a standstill to peer closer.

Noting carefully the doors and who they belong to, a look of chagrin crosses her face. "Oh... I didn't mean to be kicking anyone out of there room. I'll be fine out in the woods if I can just get a blanket or two... Caiolynn can have her room back."

Back to topPage bottom

Now, Eve winks. "Luv, I don't want to seem indelicate, but I assure you it is anything but an imposition for my sister-wife and I to share a bed." She waggles her eyebrows, but also blushes quite prettily.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

From the shadows of the corridor the glow of amber eyes peek out from the darkness. They hover there for a few moments before disappearing once more.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie tries to restrain her grin at Eve's blush, but a small part of it slips out into a smile.

"A bedroom is more than just a bed," she says. "It can be a person's sanctuary, their retreat from the demands of the world. I wouldn't want to take that away."

The spark of color catches her attention and turning automatically in time to catch the eyes, she freezes, the humor and ease of the conversation fleeing in a return of fear.

"Does the ship have eyes?" she whispers to Eve as she takes a step closer to the other woman.

Back to topPage bottom

A half-amused expression and a much deeper, very distracted blush floats across Eve's face, though at Mackenzie's frightened voice, Eve snaps to. "Nae, lass, be at ease. Lady Cas only has the eyes she was carved with, though I don't doubt she knows every bit that goes on within her hold. 'Twas only my husband. Bren, love, keep your lecherous thoughts to yourself, and come on out and take your son from me. He wants for his papa, and you're scaring Miss Mackenzie."

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

The eyes appear again roughly six feet up and coming closer. Brennus enters the soft lights that illuminate their section of hallway.

"Yes, yes, give me the boy. Just a bit of fun." Were it not for blessing of his bearing and appearance the crooked smile on his face might come across as crass. Instead, his gaze sparkles with mischief and a roguish wink is clearly intended to put Mackenzie at ease.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Back to topPage bottom

"I know it was teasing love. Maybe don't keep those thoughts too to yourself. But here." She hefted Kier off her hip and handed the boy over to his father, with a soft smile. She kissed them both on the cheek and softly to Brennus added, "Tá a fhios agat, tá fáilte romhat a bheith páirteach i Caiolynn agus domsa, i gcónaí."

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie remains tense until she actually sees Brennus step forward out of the shadows and then, a small smile at her own fear, she relaxes.

Watching the two interact, she smiles at their clear affection for each other, but does not make a move to interrupt their exchange.

Back to topPage bottom

Taking his son, the tall Fianna lifts the child onto his shoulders and holds him steady.

"Agus anseo shíl mé go bhfuil tú féin agus Caiolynn chaste cailíní Caitliceacha, ag cur ach Dia isteach i do leapacha." Glancing toward Mackenzie and back again. "Nó an bhfuil tú ag tabhairt ceann eile chuig ár seomraí?"

Returning his attention to Mackenzie, "So what brings you out this way?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Seeing Brennus glance her way but still talk to Eve in a language she didn't understand, a single eyebrow lifts in curiosity about what was said.

"Uh..." she says snapping out of her silent thoughts at Brennus's query. "Eve was being awesome and showing me areas to avoid as well as a place I could crash until I get my feet under me." She motions behind her to the door that Eve had pointed to.

Back to topPage bottom

Eve waves a hand at Brennus, as if shooing him off. "Would you get him changed into his bedclothes, lover mine? It's late enough in his 'day' that he's ready for some real sleep."

She turns to face Mackenzie more fully. "Really. It's not an imposition. By our reckoning, we've been here for two sleeps. No permanent rooms set up, things are simply arranged with convenience. Go on in, it's your room now, lead the way. I'll help you get the bed made and settled in." She moves to wards the door, opening it, and standing aside for the other woman to head in. Eve then looks back over her shoulder to her husband and mate.

"Deir an Bíobla nach féidir le beirt fhear a bheith gnéasach lena chéile. Ní thugann sé aghaidh ar cheist dhá mhná. Ar ndóigh, tá fáilte roimh Dhia inár leaba. Tugtar cuireadh duit freisin." She smirks and winks in a sassy, almost challenging, and most certainly daring manner, and then turned her back on him, back to Mackenzie.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Her mate lets out a drawn out sigh, exaggerated in a distinctly long practiced manner. "I suppose the pup should sleep at some point."

Heavy lidded eyes look to each of the ladies before settling on Mackenzie first. "Careful or before you know it this hellion will have you sitting up straight and saying your prayers like a good girl."

Brennus turns his attention to Eve while she speaks, followed by locking her gaze for a moment. A wolfish grin, with just enough teeth to tickle the edge of threatening, makes him suddenly both younger and ancient. It only lasts a moment, a breath, a heartbeat. Then, save for an echo of energy like thunder in a distant room, he is simply the scoundrel once more.

Without further ado he turns back to the darkness, tossing a comment over his shoulder before disappearing once more.

"You ladies have fun."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie nods, accepting Eve's words.

A bark of a laugh at Brennus's comment, "While I wouldn't mind better posture I'm not much for kneeling prayers."

And catching the brief look that Brennus shot his wife, she grins and slips inside the bedroom to give the two of them a moment alone should they want it.

Back to topPage bottom

Eve stares after him and then shakes her head, focusing on the task at hand. She follows Mackenzie in, with the pleased look of the cat that caught the canary.

"Alright love, let's get you settled." She helps make the bed (silk or egyptian cotton, whichever Mackenzie prefers), shows the woman the ammenities (mini fridge with some food, small bar with water, food and coffee makings, bathroom with full rain-style showers, and the door to the next room.

All said and done, she then took her leave, unless Mackenzie had any further questions or concerns.

(Seems a good place to let the scene trail off?)

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

(Agreed!)

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode