Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Breaking a ritual (During eternal Eclipse)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Breaking A Ritual (During Eternal Eclipse) 

“Could I know more about the ritual?  So that I would know what I am doing?” She asks. “The Mind is a precise art.”  She frowns.  “The best cure is time and support...though I ussually prefer helping things along in a persons dreams.”

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Breaking a ritual (During eternal Eclipse) 

Yiya-teh nods, and looks to Despione. "If you do not object, and neither does your sister, this is something that Lucian and I both believe would be of great benefit."

Despione thought for a moment and then looked to her sister. She stepped into the circle and sat so that her knee just brushed against her sister's. "Hear that, Efri? What do you think? You up for trying something that might make all this unpleasantness easier to bear? It's okay if you're not yet, but I really think you should if you think you can stand it." Her voice is pitched low, like she's talking to a frightened, wounded animal.

After a few moments, Efrosyni reaches out and takes her sisters hand. She nods. "I'll try it, Desi. Please, just... I don't want anyone but you to touch me."

Yiya-teh turns back to Sera. "The first thing we'll be doing as a Rite of Comfort. It's meant to provide a strength of will to face and overcome the trials one is facing, when they become overwhelming and spirit-eroding."

AjST Send private message Send e-mail to user Visit poster's website
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian lifts himself up then back about half a foot with his hands, which he then relaxes again.

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent scale but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are four light though distinct markings:
1) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2) A glyph like marking as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his ribcage as if resting on his hip.
3) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm.
4) A Valknut on tho front of his left thigh.
There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((If the Appearance traits matter, feel free to ask.))
((+Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Honorable beyond reproach (>15 Honor) ((If your character looks into his renown please contact me and attach an ST))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

“Well I could make sure that her path gives her all the tools she needs to heal herself...  I could also create a near realm that will allow her to heal while there will be no visual time passing for us... your sister could come along for that option.  I could continually guide her dreams making it better, or  help her dream quest for it.  I could mix a concoction that would make her feel better right now but that is not a long term answer...  which is more a acceptable?”  She looks at all assembled in turn as she is speaking.

Back to topPage bottom

"In truth?" The elder ponders for a moment. "The first is the best and wisest. There is honor and glory in overcoming your own personal demons." Yiya-teh nods to herself. "She'll be better equipped for the general horrors of life if her mind and spirit learn how to heal themselves now, given the tools to do so."

Back to topPage bottom

She nods her acceptance.  “How are you preforming your rite?  So I can weave into it without disturbing it?”

Back to topPage bottom

(2017-11-29 12:38:19    Yiya-teh rolls 10 dice to Rite of Comfort (Diff 7, used willpower)    10,9,8,6,7, 10,7,7,1,4 [7 successes])

Yiya-teh smiles. "This is among the least formal of the rituals I have performed. I shall sing and chant, and in general be a calm, comforting maternal presence. From this rite, I will lead straight into the next, where we'll bathe ritually down at the river, and and scrub away the harshest effects of evil upon our psyches, cleansing with air and fire and water and earth. I think you'll find it easy to weave yourself around and through."

Back to topPage bottom

a rolls 5 dice to Entropy    9,3,10,1,9 [2 successes]
2017-11-29 13:52:04    Sera rolls 5 dice to Entropy    3,2,5,6,8 [2 successes]
2017-11-29 13:51:44    Sera rolls 5 dice to Entropy    7,5,10,2,6 [3 successes]
Fate is her focus for Entropy the rest of the successes go to duration.  Effect Entropy 4 Bless. To find the tolls for comfort.

Sera chants in Iwapo staying further away from yiya-teh but still enough to be heard without being a disruption to the comfort.  
For those listening she is entreating the great spirits to allow this child’s ancestors to come through and give this child the guidance she needs to see a path through the pain.

She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh invites Despione into to hug and rock her little sister while the elder sings and chants and lights a bit of incense. When that's done, As Yiya-teh completes the ritual, she sits with Despione and Efrosyni and simply helps them breathe and meditate until Sera is finished.  When the Dreamspeaker is done with her working, Yiya-teh offers her a small but genuinely grateful smile, and moves to stand. She offers a hand to each of the girls, though when Despione accepts and Efrosyni declines, she seems not even a little put out by it.

"Alright. Time for another wash. We're going to do it a specific way this time, but I promise, the kind of better you will feel afterwards I don't even have words to describe." Her tone is quiet and encouraging as she leads the girls down back towards the river. She looks back over her shoulder and mouths a silent "Thank you." to Lucian, and then the three of them meander into the dark trees.

Back to topPage bottom

Sera watches the three ladies go moves toward Lucian and says.  “I have two things to give you.  One is an item to let my wards know that you are accepted to be here.  The other is an item to facilitate talking between different groups in the now.”  She offers up a black raven Feather and a string with 20 beads on it one of which is larger than the other 19.”

She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian quirks an eyebrow a the object as he offers out a hand to accept it, "Thank you, Sera. How should we use this?"

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent scale but starting in silver.
1) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2) A glyph like marking as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his ribcage as if resting on his hip.

Honorable beyond reproach (>15 Honor) ((If your character looks into his renown please contact me and attach an ST))

Back to topPage bottom

“The Feather just needs to be on you.  The defenses should be able to see them.  Let me know if there is a problem.  The other is concentration based.  You simply need to focus on the person you want to speak with and your bead on their item should have a tug on it at whitch point you can choose to accept or deny the mental connection.  I just finished them so there could still be bugs in the system.  Though they are enough of a connection to me that I should be able to scry on people if there are any serious problems.”  She frowns. “I’m not all together comfortable with that so only when truely necessary.  Given that they are also enough of a connection to me that them falling into the wrong hands could be bad.  It is worth noting that it will stop working when the Now is over.”

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "Very well. I suppose in some context of soon I will be returning it to you then." He smiles, "You are almost certainly welcome to join the ladies if you would like. I should probably move along though."

Back to topPage bottom

She nods and starts moving in the direction of yiya-teh

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smirks, puts his jacket on, and then seems to cease to exist where he was.

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML