Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

A Greenhouse More Brown Than Green
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post A Greenhouse More Brown Than Green 

Sera walks into the greenhouse and all the air leaves her lungs.  She simply stares at all the poor dead plants.  
She sighs and walks the large green house.  She starts pulling the plants that she can used dry and mark others as things she wants to try to save and leaves others empty.   She moves the empty pots toward the far exit and moves all the ones she wants to save toward one table.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: A Greenhouse More Brown Than Green 

She finds that a family of rabbits has dug a warren in the back corner of the greenhouse, and that generations of black bears had used the green house to den for the winter, entering through a broken panel in the side.

AjST Send private message Send e-mail to user Visit poster's website
Back to topPage bottom

She pats the side of the building. "Poor old girl. Going to have to get things to fix you.  As well as discourag a bear form denning here...  I think the later will be more challenging...".
She moves toward the den of the rabbit family.  Lights some sage from her pocket.  
"Oh great spirit of this family.  Where is it that you and they may better serve your purpose?"

Back to topPage bottom

The sage smoke thickens after a moment or two until it is quite hazy. Through it, Sera's gaze pierces into the Umbra, falling upon the spirit whom she addressed, a large, fat she-rabbit with two healthy, fat young with her - it seems the family is well fed for the winter, if the spirit that is their echo is so rich and ripe.  Worriedly, the bunny twitches her nose at Sera, fretting over her babes and then twitching her nose again several more times. A half-hop forward, and then the spirit addresses her in return. "Well, you see, my family here, we eat a lot of things that keep you humans bothered. Dandilions for one. Oh those are yummy. Gooseleaf too. Oh oh oh! And stinging nettle and prickly thistle too! Quite good those are. So, please, if you would just let us do our job and not eat us, you see, your life will just be so very much better and easier. I keep us out of the garden proper, and the fields, of course. That's a good way to get eaten by an owl, or shot...." She trails off seeming to have forgotten what she was talking about.

Back to topPage bottom

Sera tsks at the spirit.  "Part of your job is to be prey.  I wasn't going to eat your children.  I was going to remove them from a closed garden where I would be keeping poisonous plants and where a bear likes to sleep over the winter.  Though it would seem that you and your children haven't been running enough this season.  Or do you have a better plan?"

Back to topPage bottom

"Of course it is, and part of our job is not to be easy prey, silly human." The she-rabbit tsks right back. "No, no, move us somewhere safe. No bears, no poisons, that'd hurt the little ones."  Hop, Hop, Twitchynose.

Back to topPage bottom

"Okay then I will throw the bones for a good place for your children.  Then we will get them moved."

Back to topPage bottom

"Good. Good good good." Twitchynose.

Back to topPage bottom

She moves back into the kitchen.

Back to topPage bottom

Sera walks back into the greenhouse.  She starts  back on sorting through the plants.  She sits down on the ground.
“Helping spirits is so much easier.  I know them.”  She says to the gathered plants.  She sighs. “ I left my sketch book with all my notes in the kitchen.  As well as my bag.” She closes her eyes.
“I’ll need planting dirt.  As well as expanding this place to fit my more esoteric needs.  I’ll ask the spirits for help with that.  Mm the windows need washing.  I’ll need to extend the roof a bit as well as add a cavernous sections for the fungi I want..I’ll have to be able to control the temperature in the different sections.  I could attach it to the rooms upstairs...mmm..  I’ll need to take some workshop and construction classes just to make sure I don’t f things up.  Or hire a spirit of archeticture that can help in my vision.  What else.. “. She closes her eyes.  “The furniture needs an update.  I’ll make it work... might have to open a shop or two in the area or work out of a better tattoo shop in the area just for some extra cash while I fix things...  I’ll have to see who’s in the area as well..  wouldn’t do to piss on the big T”
She sighs “ staying in one place is so much work.  So much easier when I would just move on.”
“Let’s see if I can’t get any seeds out of you guys”
She pulls a piece of chalk from her pocket and starts drawing on the concrete.  Her simple drawing looks like a dream catcher. He drawing is very large and can fit multiple plants inside it.

Back to topPage bottom

Sera is joined by Huginn and Muninn very shortly after she enters the greenhouse. They watch her with their deep dark eyes, and hop over to her circle, beginning to make a game out of hopping along her lines - carefully so as not to foul them - but staying on the lines while chasing one another about.

Back to topPage bottom

Sera chuckles.  “How do you to find our guests?”  She asks as she is moving some of the plants into her circle.
“Fryer some help in recovering some seeds from these plants so they may grow anew”(spoken in Norse)
She mediates on each of the plants on the circle before moving in to start recovering it’s seed.  It seems that she is reaching out to the spirit of each plant before going on to the next one.
“Your time will come again.”

She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.

Back to topPage bottom

The pair cackle and chuckle. "Good enough, good enough, good enough." and "Quicky and talky, distracted, distracted, distracted!" are the answers Sera gets.

As she works with the plants the seeds she finds seem to be hale and hearty, and where convenient seed pods fall easily open, and fruits leg go their seeds without fight.

Back to topPage bottom

Sera will continue through this ritual as many times as is needed waiting to see if anyone comes and talks to her.

She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML