Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Questions And Answers (During Drum Circle)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Questions And Answers (During Drum Circle) 

Jason knelt next to a tree as he awaited Lucian's return.  His hair had become blacker than pitch as he meditated, letting his mind just be free to keep from worrying about more difficult issues.  He spoke quietly to himself, reciting the Creeds to himself softly.

Jason Dawnbrandt Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Questions And Answers (During Drum Circle) 

Lucian, after some number of minutes sidestepped outof the Umbra.

“We fought Kronos and he effectively shoved us into this timeline. Not everyone in our group is from our timeline or this one. I won the tug of war for Kronos’ Scythe. Most people have changed I at least small ways, though Michelle and I have each changed significantly.”

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Jason opened his eyes and looked up at Lucian.  "You fought Kronos...the Greek Titan of Time...and got shunted here.  Alright, more than likely spiritual bonds or time based effects are what delayed pulling myself in until I returned to Pittsburgh from Weeping Waters to visit Hillary..maybe some other time weirdness.  What do we know of this timeline?"

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shrugs, “It is in much better shape than ours. A significant bit more Right, yet also nearly twenty or so years backwards for the garou. Jonas Albrecht still seems to be king and The Skinner has yet to happen.”

Back to topPage bottom

Jason...shuddered at the thought of the Skinner as a thing to come.  "Well...That's...Okay.  That thing you showed me in the Umbra, this scab, I assume that's where you all came through when Kronos did his thing?  I take it you have a plan to heal it?"

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, “Yes, after healing Rorg. The catch is that once the scab is healed we rejoin the flow of time itself.”

Back to topPage bottom

Jason's hair shifts to pure green at Lucian's statement of healing Rorg.  "Wait...We're healing Rorg while time is in stasis?  What is that going to do to ... well, every Umbral Astronomer who blinks and suddenly Rorg is better?  Unless this also heals his physical form as well...Then what about Human Astronomers?"

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh wanders up about then, looking thirty years younger and smiling brightly. "Uwakiza." She kisses Lucian on the cheek and then turns to their student. "Jason. I cannot say that I am surprised to see you, but I can say it is a pleasant occurrence."

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Purples and hints of reds began to form into his green hair as he grinned.  "It's good to see you as well," He ran a hand through his hair, his voice keeping his composure that his hair clearly didn't show, "Frankly, after learning what I have from Lucian so far, I'm not necessarily surprised either.  Though, the suddeness of it all was certainly a surprise." he laughed lightly.

Back to topPage bottom

After kissing Yiya-teh, Lucian practicaly gestures to the field, empty of fucks he has to give. “I am healing the body. Those Theurges and spiritualists working under Yiya-teh will help his spirit. Astronomers will rationalize what they do and do not see just as much as they generally have.” He shrugs, “Scientists will do similar about the various meta forms once more welcome on Gaia’s world body instead of being contained to the spiritual planes. That too is not my concern. Those people need to handle the truth as best they can for themselves. It is not my Gaia given job to explain the whole of existence to eight billion two hundred million people, nor the differences that have happened during the same moment of time the Mercy and Wrath of Our Mother and Her Lovers was made manifest in a draconically winged angelic human.”

He smiles, “The Balance, ruined by so many as it is and the way those on her world body treat each other do matter to me on the other hand. For those things, Gaia has equipped me as much as her needs be of me. Anything else I have taken the steps to prepare myself for as normal which is apparently part of the free will aspect of being among her personally chosen agents.”

Back to topPage bottom

Jason's eyes widen at Lucian's response his hair swiftly nothing but shades of green and purple.  Taking a deep breath to steady himself, he spoke, "...I apologize if I made it seem like that was your job, but that was not my intention.  I am looking at the ramifications of this action.  Suddenly, a planet is whole and visible in the sky for Humans to see that was not there before.  Sure, a vast majority of them won't notice or probably care, but there will be enough that will, and want answers.  What will the Red Talons think of their Celestial Patron suddenly whole and strong again?  The other Tribes over all?  Most importantly, we may have the means, but should we?  Is this honestly the best course of action?"  He takes a deep breath, his face getting red and hair gaining stripes of silver to it as he kept in from cursing ... multiple times.  "I don't disagree this is right, and I am sorry if this comes off as me antagonizing or overly questioning....I am just concerned about how this ends."

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh settles on the ground next to Jason, her back against tree, and picked a handful of tiny, very tart, late wild summer strawberries (because June/July is strawberry season in this freakish northern wasteland I call home), offering some to Lucian, if he's interested before popping half the remainder in her mouth and holding the rest out to Jason.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

“You misunderstand, humanity will not actually realize they have not simply missed a Dwarf Planet among the asteroids. Mages May and it will cause a stir and debate among them. Already the planets and Horizon realms create difficulty for them figuring out truths of the universe where they presume answers to be even though they shouldn’t. The Garou will notice eventually but what leads you to think he was Rorg when Phaeton was whole?”

Lucian accepts a few of the strawberries with a smile before placing them in his mouth and eating them.

“Rorg has taken the shape of the Huntsman to find comfort in his pain. This suggests unwounded he was some variety of warrior. Even if only a being from a warrior culture. Unwounded he might be a better balancing force to a far too aggressive Gryphon. At the least a better being to direct that fury instead of letting it go rampant. The tribe will respond more to their Incarna than their Celestine as the tribes have always done. The largest differences will be to those personally or directly blessed by Rorg. They will have to go see why those things are gone. That will lead them to discover that no Red Talon had a hand in healing Phaeton or its Celestine. That will create a rift in the tribe and prejudice from some as well as respect from others. Like any change the rifts caused will be monopolized on the Wyrm and a number will join it in action even if not by intention. The Red Talon tribe that rises above that crucible will be the better for it, more likely to do their job as protectors of Lupus kin and wolf kind. Any of three tribes overlooked entirely by The Nation may vie for the Celestine’s patronage, although the Hakken likely do not care about such matters, following an entirely different paradigm of spirituality and cosmology as they do, but the Siberahk and White Howlers will almost assuredly want to see their Incarna supported by a Celestine, especially if either hopes to join one of the three gatherings of shifters. Thirteen Celestine’s and sixteen tribes pretty much suggests that there would be doubling up of patronage for some multifaceted Celestines eventually. Although we may find Rorg to be divided as Phaeton and the Asteroid belt are, in theory, not the same beings. That would leave us fourteen to sixteen with one tribe not caring and one tribe very young still.” Lucian shrugs, “I can go on. Most of this thinking has more meaning to me than it does for many others.”

With a smile and shake of his head, “This is not a matter of right and wrong nor a matter of should or shouldn’t. This is a matter of will or will not. Either way, the choice is far-reaching and significant. Either way, there will be division and prejudices side by side with respects. The number of beings involved in either direction will either grow comfortable in stasis or change with any in their numbers finding evolution in either. Myself, I prefer to see the world paradigm shift so that humanity, on the lip of this cusp for so long might actually have reason to see that not only are some things beyond them but great things still surround them in ways unseen to both science and mysticism. For those who are aware it gives another fortifying influence in opposition of the red star.”

Back to topPage bottom

Jason nods, mentally filing different parts of Lucian's words for things to be either discussed later in the conversation, or things for him to learn in his own personal study.  As Yiya-teh offered him the strawberries, he gladly takes some with a smile of thanks.  His hair faded to black as he mulled over Lucian's words, eating the strawberries almost mechanically.

"The White Howlers are back in this timeline?" Jason asked incredulously, "that's important, but irrelevant.  I take it from the way you are planning this, that we are stuck in this timeline with no way to get back home?  And feel free to go on, you were always much better at Chess than I am."

Back to topPage bottom

“It is my belief that the Titan of Time so foolishly released by the actions of Peter Shapes The Path was trying to rectify what it could of how our timeline was wrong. Him putting us here has significance and clearly puts us in blessed positions and situations for each of us if we simply choose to find them. I cannot go back, many of us cannot go back, but I could probably send you back if that is what you really wanted. I do not advise it but if you want the family you and Hillary are so conveniently no longer suffering the burden of I could put either or both of you through.” Lucian shrugs, “I, on the other hand, am working to bring what I can of my family and my people here.”

With a warm smile, “As for the White Howlers, the spiritual situation here lacks so much of the Wild influences region to Gino we suffered back home. As a result, some things make more sense. In the process of seeking a route to a form of immortality and to grow my spirit symbiosis I was put into conflict with Zhyzhak. There is no way of the story being told in short but the fact remains that the fall of their legend has rebirthed a tribe long lost. Many Cave Lions and Cave Bears survived into the modern nights that had otherwise been overlooked. Nature of things like Hollow Earth believers and what have you still existing among even the mortal populace. Before taking me as a Kami Gaia granted me the blessing to be allowed to tattoo the Names of many species upon her Heart Soul. As a result, all creatures born of her flesh or spirit are welcome within her world body now. Science can have fun figuring that out. Explaining the existence of Dragons, Unicorns, Pegasus, and other things believed to be the realm of unprovable cryptozoology is not my problem. Their allowance within the world being a pillar of existence itself does, however, please me immensely.”

Back to topPage bottom

At the mention of Shapes the Path being the one whom released the Titan, Jason sighed with exasperation and thumped his head against the tree.  As Lucian continued Jason nodded.  "I'm happy wherever Hill chooses to be..." Jason thinks about all of the differences between the world they were in now, and the world they were left.  White Howlers returning, Jonas Albrecht king, the Nation twenty years behind...His eyes lit up, a chance, even slim might seem a world away.  "Lucian...I know what I'm going to ask may come off as a little childish, maybe even selfish, but I need to ask...What are the odds that in this timeline, my birth mother still lives, and the Dawnbrandts haven't gotten ahold of her yet ... Or that I might even get to meet her?" He was... nervous, even afraid.  He'd admit that too himself, and even though every hair on his body had become purple, not just of the possibility of meeting her, but even stopping the events that had led to his birth in the world they were from.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian half frowns, "That assumes first that they exist. Which is only a maybe. I can look t OK see if they did but I cannot view the present nor future until after we heal the scab."

Back to topPage bottom

Jason nods.  His hair gains some grey to it as he thinks.  "So, time is weird here.  Everything is in stasis.  Nasty looking scab will be healed after Rorg is.  Time will be right then, but everything in this world is...different." he counts off the points, ensuring he isn't missing anything, "I think I only have a couple questions left...what do you need Hillary and I working on and what do we need to do to get situated with a place for her to rest?"  He thought he could feel Yiya-teh's eyes sharpen on him for his omission of himself needing rest.  Though he never needed more then a couple of hours here and there, he already expected what was going to come.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shrugged, “Brennus has a camp marked out. Backlash has his lady anchored bearish. The Shaman Sera has some lands in the woods nearby. I have a mountain not too far from the Centralia burough of Pennsylvania. I intend to rebuild the caern Iasis held. There is apparently a Glasswalker sept in Pittsburgh. Presumably other territory is marked conveniently by other beings if you know how to look. Carpentry and cabin building is easy to learn, especially in an infinite now.”

Back to topPage bottom

Red blossomed into Jason's hair as Lucian spoke, though he only nodded in thought.  "Well, conveniently I learned all about carpentry during my cub hood and when making Club Babylon with Allie.  I'll find an unmarked territory near Brennus for convenience..." he trailed off as he realized an opportunity that had developed back in their home world.  A thing he had promised wouldn't let happen again, but whether it was truly necessary now was a different story.  He shook his head, he decided it could wait for later, "...and in this way I can be less of an inconvenience on others.  I assume, with time the way it is, hunting only?"

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smirks, “Well son, I can tell you all sorts of things about how to think and manipulate the Eternal Now... or you can have fun looking through what you can do. Mostly it is about mindset, that is what I think you need to know most. That and the bubble of time being still is away from us but some of us cause others to enter the Eternal Now at different distances. I can walk among people without bringing them in. Some of our folks cause them to be with us if they are within polite social distances.” Lucian tosses a lady’s watch to Jason, “Folks are a bit hard wired about sleep so best to give this to Hillary so she can maintain a schedule. It is linked to a clock tower in my little kingdom.” Lucian shrugs and keeps smiling, “Within which I can provide food and comfort until you are each situated. Just please understand, there are not really many humans nor kin there.”

Back to topPage bottom

There were...feelings...that Jason had when Lucian called him son, and it was reflected in his hair as it blossomed in multiple colors.  He kept his face schooled though, instead of ... no, no he would not blush, that was entirely unacceptable, and it took an effort of will to keep his face calm.  He allowed a grin though, that he couldn't stop.  He did manage to catch the watch, even if ungracefully.  "I'll speak with Hillary about it once she has enjoyed her time with Eve and the other Kin...assuming she's sober, I could smell the fumes of what they had when I got there.  Though, I believe it was the two of you whom reinforced the enjoyment of making things with one's own hands?" he joked, before becoming more somber, "Though, learning how to manipulate this pocket of timelessness will be far more useful to me in the greater scheme of things."

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "Conveniently there will still be food and shelter where there are people if you need other resources during the time you are learning."

Back to topPage bottom

Jason's hair turned red as he laughed, "You remembered the way for any decision I make is through my stomach." he said in between chuckles, "Honestly, though, anything you are willing to continue teaching me, I'll take.  The less I have to be in an environment woefully unprepared to try to fill both of your shoes, the happier I'll be." Jason scowled slightly at the last as lines of silver formed in his hair dampening his mood slightly.  It wasn't at them that he was scowling at, it was at some of the foolishness he had seen, and not been able to stop.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shrugs, "Fortunately Jason, my shoes are not meant to be filled by any other. On top of that I no longer need to work to fill anyone else's. I believe that Yiya-teh is in similar benefits as are most of my pack. Brennus and his pack are blessed to have more of the freedoms they should as well."

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML