Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

A Friendly Drum Circle (Open)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post A Friendly Drum Circle (Open) 

A small fire burns in the middle of a clearing.  Several logs have been drug by David's hands around the fire and laid in a decent sized circle to allow any who choose to join the Nuwisha on this ... He still didn't like that time was frozen.  The more it went on, the more it began to get on his nerves.  He hoped that if anyone was like him, he would try to uplift their spirits.  Drum circles could do that.  If he was the only one, then maybe if others joined it would help him cope with it all.  Set around the fire were several smaller hand drums, nothing too fancy, but enough for a group to gather together and play.

Sitting down at one point of the circle, where his much larger drum was set, he grinned softly at a nice memory before he began playing.  There was no song to go with the drumming, just the rhythmic beat of his hands on the drum.

Performance x4(guitar, drums, singing, talesinging & dancing)
No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

A tall and lean man of Native American descent. Tilted blue eyes gleam mischievously, giving him a slightly vulpine appearance. A mane of black hair falls to his shoulders, pulled in a well kept ponytail.

David Windsong Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: A Friendly Drum Circle 

Eve wanders up, dressed much as she has often been during the eternal forever in a black blouse and matching split riding skirts. She has no kids with her, but as she pauses on the edge of the fire circle, she smirks and turns to march back off into the trees.

She returns what might be seconds or hours later with a bodhrán in one hand and a bone tipper in her other, to beat the hand-held drum with. Though she will be content and very well able to take up or keep up any beat that anyone else wants to set, while it is just herself and David, she plays unrestrainedly and with great skill in traditional Irish-Celtic rhythms.

(The solo drumming begins at 1:24 and lasts until 6:25 and is very indicative of the sort of thing that would just naturally fall out of Eve, given a drum in her hand and a reason to not care what others might think.)

Link

As a bell that is rung or a wonder told shyly, and O she was the Sunday in every week.

Appearance x5 (Sexy), Charisma x5 (Girl Next Door), Manipulation x5 (Emotional Appeals)
Feral Appearance, Animal Magnetism, Good ol' Girl

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: A Friendly Drum Circle 

David actually stops playing as Eve begins her unrestrained playing to watch her for a moment.  While being unfamiliar with her style, he did the only thing he could;  join in.  He let her beat and rhythm take over his, accentuating hers at what sounded to be key notes from his trained ear.

When her song came to a close, David actually applauded her.  "I never thought I'd find the opportunity to play along with a traditional Irish ballad again since I stayed for a week in Ireland." He said pleasantly surprised, and quite excited.

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

A tall and lean man of Native American descent. Tilted blue eyes gleam mischievously, giving him a slightly vulpine appearance. A mane of black hair falls to his shoulders, pulled in a well kept ponytail.

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: A Friendly Drum Circle (Open) 

Careful feet, bare in the grass, step into the ring of fire light. Clearly drawn in by the sounds of music and curiosity. Michelle quietly sits on one of the logs and then lays along it length wise to rest in front of the fire. She eyes one of the drums and smiles as she just rests on her back, a foot tapping in the air to the sound of drumming.

Michelle is a young woman, clearly in her early 20's. Her long brunette hair, honey brown eyes, and sun-kissed complexion give her a warm appearance. Her hair comes roughly to her shoulders in light waves when she doesn't have it pulled up and out of the way, which are both very common looks. She can typically be found in a basic, yet colored, t-shirt and clean, dark jeans.

There is generally a hint of a smile on her lips. Not necessarily that she's happy all the time, maybe it's just her resting expression. She carries herself with a little confidence, but not arrogant.

Michelle Hollenbach Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Eve nods to David and seems about to respond when a thought occurs to her and she looks to the other woman there. "Michelle-rhy--" Eve starts and then pauses. "I don't know if I should use that honorific for you anymore. But you are still one of the Blesst, so I suppose I'll leave that up to you, Miss Michelle. Regardless, do you dance? Do you want to learn? Irish folk dance is easy enough and made for dancing to drums."

As a bell that is rung or a wonder told shyly, and O she was the Sunday in every week.

Appearance x5 (Sexy), Charisma x5 (Girl Next Door), Manipulation x5 (Emotional Appeals)

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Michelle turns her head to look at Eve with playful curiosity. “Miss works fine because I honestly don’t know either. And nope, I have two left feet. Never really tried to take lessons or anything, though. But, in the spirit of things, I’m willing to give it a shot.” She swings her feet across the log and to the ground to stand in a somewhat smooth motion. “What do I do?”

Michelle is a young woman, clearly in her early 20's. Her long brunette hair, honey brown eyes, and sun-kissed complexion give her a warm appearance. Her hair comes roughly to her shoulders in light waves when she doesn't have it pulled up and out of the way, which are both very common looks. She can typically be found in a basic, yet colored, t-shirt and clean, dark jeans.

There is generally a hint of a smile on her lips. Not necessarily that she's happy all the time, maybe it's just her resting expression. She carries herself with a little confidence, but not arrogant.

Back to topPage bottom

It was the sound of ... well, sounds to be honest that caught her attention. It was amazing how quiet the world became when it was trapped in the middle of an eclipse.

Arriving at the clearing as Eve and David were winding down their song, she joined in David's applause. Both because it was deserves and also to announce her arrival.

Unlike Eve, it seems Mackenzie has finally found some clothing that not only fits, but is somewhat even suitable for her wanderings about the land. Cream colored leggings and a forest green shirt that seems an easy blend of t-shirt and tunic, hug to her figure. If the obviously personalized fit didn't already give it away, a closer inspection will show quality of the highest level. Sturdy boots go all the way to above her knee to complete the attire, and they seem already well broken in from her wanderings.

"I hope I'm not interrupting" she chimes cheerfully with a grin at finding the familiar faces.

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0

Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

David chuckled as Michelle said she had two left feet and her lack of experience dancing.  "Dancing is like sex," he said, grinning with that mischevious grin again, "everyone can do it, but it takes time and practice to get good."  There was a teasing tone to his words, knowingly poking at Michelle's innocence in good natured fun.

At Mackenzie's arrival, his eyes wandered over her and he let out a low whistle, "Mackenzie, I do not believe you are capable of interrupting." he teased with a warm smile for her.

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

Michelle takes a step back, unclear if it's to put more space between her and others or debating on leaving. The sweet smile on her face hides a look in her eyes that says she is a little hurt and greatly embarrassed. "I, uh, wouldn't know," her tone is tight and it's clear she's trying to not take the ribbing seriously.

Back to topPage bottom

David's eyes widen slightly at the hurt on Michelle's face.  He almost got up to move over to her before thinking better of it.  "I am sincerely sorry for offending you, Michelle.  I did not mean to hurt you." He sincerely apologized to her.

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

“Well I seem to have the most damnable timing, good David.” Rex enters with a grin, giving a coy tilt of the hip as he rests his hand there. “I can’t speak to the drums but I can quite concur with the rest. Practice makes..... well......” he waves his free hand, but the quick of eye may catch a subtle flourish towards himself. “.....perfect. Teach me a tune? I’m more a strings man, but I’m good with my hands and rhythmic activities.”

Rex moves with uncanny and preternatural grace, and speaks in smooth and catching cadence. He has captivating mannerisms and a noble bearing that is nigh impossible to ignore. His very presence seems to demand attention.

Pure Breed x5 Silver Fang
Flaw: Changeling Eyes
Merit: Sex Appeal

(For context: Appearance and Dexterity are Five, with Specs alluded to in description)

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

The smile on Michelle's face is a little pained. "Damage done, lesson taught. Be careful of the words you throw at new ears." She turns and looks to the newcomer, trying to relax. She looks to Eve with an apologetic smile, "Maybe you could teach me at some point. I'm a fan of learning new things."

Back to topPage bottom

vintage-primitive-american-brown-stoneware-crock-whiskey-moonshine-jug-1-gallonEve cuts a gaze that could skin a rabit towards David. "Dude." She rolls her eyes, and then turns to Michelle again. "I would love to, lass o'mine. Tell you what. I'll see if I can rope Miss Mackenzie here into it, maybe even Rex. We'll have a kin's night out. Kara can come too. We'll dance and get pissed and generally be idiots, on non-garou time. How's that sound to the lot of ye?"

The sassy kin turned back to David and Put a hand on a hip, in a more Mom-friend version of Rex's stance. "Careful there, mister. You scare off my friends and I'll take my drum and go home. Now. While we get ready for another round of music makin and honoring the goddess beneath our feet and the one in the sky above...What say ye..." She settles and reaches for the little shoulder bag she took everwhere with her. A moment of ruffling later and out comes a corked stoneware growler and a handful of thin carved wooden cups.

images-q-tbn-and9gcrutz_sqoyqpbozxqbx1grbhrpf50n_wshnznjpdpcujhrlkdlrda"What say ye we go about this the right way? Found this old thing back behind the barn. A few others besides." She dangles the sloshing jug by it's thumb-hole hooked over her forefinger. "Dumped out the vinnegar that was in them - someone did a right shit job of sealin' these up when they made their brews, and gave 'em a solid scrub. Good as new, and of course, with the grain in the field and precious little in the way of animals to husband with it, a prayer and a bit of patience yields a fine tonic against boredom."

She uncorked it and deep, earthy sweet scents drifted free from the carbonated contents. "Nothin' magical about this, made it for us, not the Warrior-blesst. But..." She offers the cups around. "Then again, I doubt any of us will need more than a splash o' me ma's recipe anyway to begin feelin a little more like drumming and singing and giving glory to God and Gaia."

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Rex’s cheeks take a red hue of blush that runs to his ears. “Three of the most beautiful women I’ve ever met judging my unsightly ballroom form whilst intoxicated? If any one of you breathe a word of it my family line would cry dishonor from the highest peaks.”

He takes the cup and waggles his eyebrows with a mischievous grin. “Count me in!”

Rex moves with uncanny and preternatural grace, and speaks in smooth and catching cadence. He has captivating mannerisms and a noble bearing that is nigh impossible to ignore. His very presence seems to demand attention.

Pure Breed x5 Silver Fang
Flaw: Changeling Eyes
Merit: Sex Appeal

(For context: Appearance and Dexterity are Five, with Specs alluded to in description)

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"I humbly apologize for any offense, jesting is what I do best, and unfortunately I lose myself too it far too easily."  David said to Eve respectfully, before grinning at Rex and raising a coquettish eyebrow at his words.  "You say you are good with you're hands, and a dancer you say?  I dare say I'll have to be the judge to that later." he said flirtatiously with a wink before picking up one of the cups himself.

Calling out happily in a way that sounded...almost wolf-like, David took a swig before beginning to pat the leather of his drum.  He then intones out, in a way that is almost ritual - like to the gathering of Sanga and Kin alike,  "Ladies and fellas!  Dancers, drummers, singers and spectators alike!  Time is frozen, and all who live and breathe within the breast of the Great Spirit are frozen with it, all but us.  I know not about you all, but I have been going stir crazy with it all.  So, I say, join me in raising are voices and spirits to the Great Spirit!  Let us sing away our fear, dance until we fall over laughing, and drum until our spirits are full of joy!" As he finishes, he throws himself into a the drum, rapidly pounding so that the sound echoes throughout the twilight.  His eyes gleam with mischievous fun and just sheer joy at being able to play for people in a way he hasn't been able to do in some time.

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie grins, "You would be surprised..." she retorts but accepts the welcome for what it is and fully steps into the small gathering.

And then, catching the mood between Michelle and David, a small concerned furrow appears in her brow. Not wanting to interrupt their conversation, brief though it would end up being, Mackenzie turned gratefully at the sound of Rex's approach. A snort of laughter at his commentary + motions, somewhat muffled as Eve issues her warning.

A spark of interest flickers into life, "Dancing? Drinking? Tomfoolery?" She grins and winks at Eve, "I might not even fight the roping too hard for that..." And then as Eve pulls out drinks for the here and now, she claps her hands together, "Fresh brew? I'm in!" Joining Rex to collect her own drink, she smiles at the subtle compliment.

"Psh... even sober I wouldn't know correct ballroom form if it waltzed," she grinned at her obvious pun, "across my toes. Your secret is safe with me," she declares boldly, lifting her mug toward him.

As David joins, and cheers and moves to resume drumming, she grins, happy to see that more drumming is to occur. Then, gathering a second cup, she turns to Michelle, offering it out to the woman, trying to not be obvious about making sure she is ok.

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0

Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

“I think that sounds like fun, Eve.” Michelle’s smile returns to more it’s normal state. As Mackenzie offers the drink, she gives the woman a gentle nod, letting her know she’s okay. She eyes the mug and it’s contents, shrugs her shoulders, and downs the drink in one long gulp. She breathes in deep and lets the breath out in a woosh. “Come on, Rex. Worry less and enjoy the moment.”

Back to topPage bottom

Outside the circle of logs, as if from thin air, suddenly a form that may aptly be referred to as a 'mountain' appeared.  Standing just over seven feet tall, was a man of mixed breeding.  From the firelight dancing across his features, it was hard to tell if he was bred of the Silver Fangs, or of the Get of Fenris, though a well trimmed beard didn't help matters any.  His hair was cut short and spiked, and both his beard and his hair seemed to change colors before settling on stripes of green, purple and silver.  His sapphire eyes gleamed dangerously as he glanced around his surroundings before settling on those before him.  Clearly seeing that no one gathered around was about to jump him, the purple in his hair faded a bit, the silver and green taking over where it had been previously.  Anyone whom was particularly perceptive may notice his nostrils flare as he sniffed

"I take it I'm not in Pittsburgh anymore?" His voice wasn't as deep as one might expect from the man, though he was clearly no where near relaxed...until his eyes fell on Eve, and then most of the silver in his hair was abruptly gone, replaced by vibrant shades of red as a grin breaks out on his face, "...Oh sweet Danu, where the fuck have you guys been Eve!?"

Jason Dawnbrandt Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Michelle, almost with viper like reflexes, puts herself between the mountain of a man and the two other women with them. Her posture screams protector, but her face remains mostly warm and welcoming. "Welcome to the forests of a friend, sir. I take it you know this gentle giant, Eve?" Michelle turns her head just slightly to make sure an ear is clearly pointed at the kin to hear her while her nostrils flare in much the same way as his did.

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus crests the treeline in moments, moving with liquid speed so graceful as to appear unhurried and while he does not have a weapon at hand it is clear that he has not accepted circumstances at face value. The words leave him before he's even crossed the distance.

"There is another young woman in the forest in that direction," he points west into the woods, "Rex, Eve, bring her something to cover herself. Jason, if you would be so kind as to step back a bit to get a little extra distance. Lucian is en route to verify your identity and then we can go about our greetings."

At just over six feet in height, Brennus is a man of compact build with musculature that looks carved from stone - representative of incredible self-discipline and dedication were he not a Garou - and a mien that is unmistakably familiar with violence. Though otherwise mutable some aspects to his garb remain consistent; namely a raven feather and small silvery bells braided into dark auburn hair, a rough hewn signet ring, and a necklace with six runic amulets. Usually seen with his raven and/or feline companion(s), a thoughtful gaze, carrying his ashandarei (in either it’s spear or shortened sword form) and Evening Frost. On occasion he will disguise himself as an old man, hiding much of his more overtly supernatural traits and some of the markings that speak to his parentage.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
Appearance: 5 (Roguish)
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Physically Impressive - +1 to Intimidation
Scarred (Ogham Rune Tattoos) - -2 to Intimidation, only applies when visible
Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Scenes dated before 5/15/19 were done with a different physical appearance and capacity.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. - Lugh, probably

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Eve answers Michelle as Brennus clears the treetops. "Yes, Miss Michelle, I believe I do but..." She nods to Brennus where he lands as if to finish her sentence by pointing out his arrival.

"J-Jason?! Jason!" A woman's shout comes from the direction Brennus directed Eve and Rex.

"Hillary?" Eve asks Jason as she digs through her bag for her change of clothes. A bundle of black silk comes out into her hand, likely a twin to the make-shift gown she was wearing.

She waits only long enough for confirmation or denial before taking off with Rex at her side.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Hearing Hillary's shout, and Brennus mention Lucian being on his way, Jason visibly relaxes, hair turning to pure red.  He seems unconcerned about his apparent nudity, hiding neither his groin nor the scars across his chest from where a Spiral had tried to find the young Garou's heart.  Anyone whom looks behind Jason's huge form, though, notices a tattoo on his back of a house riddled with bullet holes.  He grins at Brennus though as he takes a step back as requested, "It is, we were out when...Well, I'll explain in a moment.  If you would be so kind as to help her Eve?" Jason asks sincerely, before turning to Brennus, "I don't think anyone could get my hair right, to be honest." he jokes.

Back to topPage bottom

David taps on his drum lightly as he watches the newcomer and Brennus talk.  Seeing that he was familiar to them meant he was also from that alternate world, probably so was the woman he could hear calling in the distance.  But, knowing that Rex and Eve had that well in hand, the Nuwisha choose to do the one thing he was mostly capable of being good at : Watching and waiting...

'Ok, I'm terrible at waiting...' David thought as he continued to tap on the drum.  Not enough to be a real distraction, the noise in no way carried, and kept a decent beat to it, but more like it was idling, just waiting for the events to be finished.

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian seemed to appear as if stepping out of the Umbra. He makes a few gestures as his eyes silver over, “Why would we be worrying about people arriving now more so than earlier? Have you folks not been using something mechanical to track time so you can sleep at reasonable intervals? Some folks do seem to be more hindered by the need to sleep than others due to how they choose to believe being in a timeless environment works.” Lucian shrugs, and then smiles for those gathered. “He appeared the same way everyone else did and he resonates as the Jason I instructed from Cub to Cliath.”

Lucian offers Jason a pair of slacks and a button up shirt, “Not so sure it was or wasn’t that kind of grouping but here, better to have the choice. The scars are good on you but that ta... never mind. You alright?”

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Jason nodded his thanks Lucian, eyeing him for a moment as he took the clothes.  "You look different...I'm still taller." he said with a grin, but his hair had become a more vivid purple as he looked towards where Hillary's voice had come from earlier, "I'm more concerned about Hillary and what's been going on with all of you...and where we are..."

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML