Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

A Friendly Drum Circle (Open)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Friendly Drum Circle (Open) 

"And the winner is...?" Mackenzie says in a game show style sing song voice, looking to Michelle with an anticipatory grin.

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0

Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Michelle giggles a little and takes the water, drinking deeply. She sighs and smiles. “Okay, so warm apple pie apples are delicious and wonderfully portable. Meteorites make for good presents for those that like to craft with metals. Last,” She smiles slyly. “I’ve one younger sister and one younger brother. So, just the two.”

Michelle is a young woman, clearly in her early 20's. Her long brunette hair, honey brown eyes, and sun-kissed complexion give her a warm appearance. Her hair comes roughly to her shoulders in light waves when she doesn't have it pulled up and out of the way, which are both very common looks. She can typically be found in a basic, yet colored, t-shirt and clean, dark jeans.

There is generally a hint of a smile on her lips. Not necessarily that she's happy all the time, maybe it's just her resting expression. She carries herself with a little confidence, but not arrogant.

Michelle Hollenbach Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Wandering in from the edge of the circle, Kara grabs a cup and fixes herself a drink.

"Sorry I'm late. I'll go next to make up for it." She empties her drink and refills it as she thinks, before nodding. "Oh yeah. Okay. Let's see. Alright." She clearly scrambles some thoughts into order, and smirks. "I know first hand that Anne Bonny was a great drunk and a better lay - and even prettier than everyone says she was. My favourite drink is whatever's in my cup. Before I started work at a dockside tavern, I was a milkmaid, and before that a goose girl." She pauses and repeats herself and waits gamely to see what comes of this.

Kara Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

David chuckles as he gets the answer right on Michelle.  When Kara approaches and gives her questions, he thinks through them slightly before selecting the last.  "See those first two sound far to plausible with this group." he laughed.

Performance x4(guitar, drums, singing, talesinging & dancing)
No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

A tall and lean man of Native American descent. Tilted blue eyes gleam mischievously, giving him a slightly vulpine appearance. A mane of black hair falls to his shoulders, pulled in a well kept ponytail.

David Windsong Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie laughs and good naturedly takes her drink for loosing the round.

Smiling in greeting to Kara she laughs, "You might need to do 2 to catch up..."

"No way you slept with Anne Bonny ..." she begins and then pauses, considering the ship. "Changed my mind - I pick number 2. You have to have a legit favorite drink!"

Back to topPage bottom

"Never let it be said that someone had to tell me to drink twice..." Kara winks at Mackenzie, and empties her cup, and fills it a third time, before settling back, smirking and waiting to see what everyone else has to say about her pronouncements.

Back to topPage bottom

Rex squints and seems to hesitate before raising three fingers in vote. The astute would note him flexing them in subtle, provocative manner with a catching glint in his eyes.

Rex moves with uncanny and preternatural grace, and speaks in smooth and catching cadence. He has captivating mannerisms and a noble bearing that is nigh impossible to ignore. His very presence seems to demand attention.

Pure Breed x5 Silver Fang
Flaw: Changeling Eyes
Merit: Sex Appeal

(For context: Appearance and Dexterity are Five, with Specs alluded to in description)

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Catching Rex's gesture, Mackenzie quickly buries her face in her mug as to not give it away with her grin.

Only after she has taken a swallow and is confident that she won't spoil anything, does she lower the mug.

"Well - who else? Don't tell me that Rex and I are the only ones still playing?" she teases the group.

Back to topPage bottom

Michelle giggles drunkenly and finishes the water she had been handed in time with Kara saying her favourite drink is whatever is in her cup. “I agree, you must have a favorite.” She looks around, her eyes drooping slightly. After a shrug and a moment, she pulls herself to lean against the tree above all the leaves in a fairly sleepy fashion.

Michelle is a young woman, clearly in her early 20's. Her long brunette hair, honey brown eyes, and sun-kissed complexion give her a warm appearance. Her hair comes roughly to her shoulders in light waves when she doesn't have it pulled up and out of the way, which are both very common looks. She can typically be found in a basic, yet colored, t-shirt and clean, dark jeans.

There is generally a hint of a smile on her lips. Not necessarily that she's happy all the time, maybe it's just her resting expression. She carries herself with a little confidence, but not arrogant.

Michelle Hollenbach Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Eve laughs at Mackenzie's hope that she and the boys were not alone in their suppositions. "Oh, I'll take a penalty shot, but I know the answer and that'd just be disingenuous of me to chime in now." So saying, she snags Kara's cup and empties it, before refilling it and handing it back with a sassy wink.

As a bell that is rung or a wonder told shyly, and O she was the Sunday in every week.

Appearance x5 (Sexy), Charisma x5 (Girl Next Door), Manipulation x5 (Emotional Appeals)
Feral Appearance, Animal Magnetism, Good ol' Girl

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Hillary seemed to shake herself free of some thought, and snapped her mouth closed as it had fallen open in something resembling dumbfounded surprise. "Sorry. Sorry. You would think after knowing Lucian for half a decade, I would be less surprised to find people spouting off about boning random figures in history... but here I am, surprised. Well, that's too outrageous to be a lie, so I will have to go with the fact that you were never a goose girl."

Pb4, App4, Good ol Girl, Animal Magnetism.

~This is an NPC~

Hillary Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

David raised an eyebrow at Mackenzie, "Darling, you know I never stop playing a good game, and we haven't even gotten to the main course of the evening." He chuckled plucking a string or two before grinning at Hillary, "My lovely, regal lady has finished prepping her pipes, though, I'm certain we could find a few songs to wake sleepy beauty over there."

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

A tall and lean man of Native American descent. Tilted blue eyes gleam mischievously, giving him a slightly vulpine appearance. A mane of black hair falls to his shoulders, pulled in a well kept ponytail.

Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie nods graciouslyToward Eve, “Fair enough and my thanks for your integrity”

Raising an eyebrow toward David she opens her mouth to ask what he meant when he then indicated music. Delight pulls her slightly more upright, “of course! Oh! But we do have to finish this game first ...” she looks to the game’s current subject, awaiting the results.

Back to topPage bottom

Kara, eyes dancing merrily happily replies once all the votes are in. "Well, I can tell you that in this world, I have no favourite drink, as I was it's sole collector in the where and when we left behind, and now, it is no more. Further, I would have you know that my favourite Goose was an old biddy that protected me from the rest while I slept int he feels, named...well, in english, it would be bluebell. And after plague took many of the younger men and women in the village, I took up work as a milkmaid, keeping one half of one day's milk from each cow as payment. My mother made cheeses from it, to sell and feed us."

Triumphantly, she laughs. "But Anne Bonny? I've shared the bed with her a time or two and while she was indeed a good lay, it is still my lie - for she was a better drunk than a bedpartner by far!"

Back to topPage bottom

Hillary, who had only just overcome her shock about Anne Bonny being a valid topic of conversation in the first place found her mouth dropping open again. "I..." She begins with a touch of laughter about the edges of her voice. "I don't know what I expected, but somehow it wasn't that!" She drank good-naturedly, and then put the finishing touches on the set of reed pipes, test blowing a each and adding or removing wadding to adjust the pitches until they were delightfully in tune.

"Alright. Rex on the tambour, I'll take flute or Eve can, we're both a good hand. David with whatever backup music pleases him. Anyone got a genre? Song? Requests?"

~This is an NPC~

Back to topPage bottom

Mackenzie laughs and tips her mug toward Kara, "Now that was some clever word play there! Some may argue it's too good for a drinking game where everyone is already tipsy but I'll take my loss happily." And putting words to actions, takes the required swallow.

Tapping her lips she considers, "As beautiful as lullabies and sad songs are - I think maybe something more upbeat? Lest your talents put our friends to sleep," she says with a grin toward Michelle.

"So something to get the blood pounding? A good beat for us non musically inclined folks to get swept up into?"

Back to topPage bottom

Eve ponders for a moment and then digs out a small notebook from her bag. Flipping to a blank page, she tears it out and sketches out several bars of music from memory. A few moments are spent in adding a couple of annotations, and then she gestures the page towards David.

"How about this? If you felt like grabbing your guitar, our options open way up, too."

Waiting for his response, she wandered the circle tapping a few of the smaller hand-drums until she found one whose timbre she liked. "Hill can have the flute. I'd rather sing and drum, I think."

Once David has looked over what she handed him, she smiles at Hill.

"Come To The Dance?"

As a bell that is rung or a wonder told shyly, and O she was the Sunday in every week.

Appearance x5 (Sexy), Charisma x5 (Girl Next Door), Manipulation x5 (Emotional Appeals)
Feral Appearance, Animal Magnetism, Good ol' Girl

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Oooh. Haven't done that in a couple years. A...minor? right?" At Eve's nod, Hillary tests out a few notes, before nodding that she's ready to begin.

"Eve made a good call. Easy beat, easy words, Glory to Gaia. Basically, what more could we want? Join in as you like."

Link

~This is an NPC~

Back to topPage bottom

Hoisting his guitar, David's eyes scan over the chords, humming the notes out to get a taste of the music he was about to play.  As he did so, his hands flew up making small adjustments to the his guitar.  A couple strums to test, before he launched himself into the music.  The start of the song slow but his fingers strum the patterns on the guitar expertly.  He grinned as he played the unknown melody, a rare treat for him when the song hadn't just been released.  That joy he pushed into his playing, as he listened to the words as the ladies sang them.

No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

Back to topPage bottom

Rex does his best to contribute with the tambour as best he can, giving it a shake or a smack as his gut tells him to. It isn’t long before he is up and dancing along good naturedly. His hips sway as his feet glide through the leaves, kicking up a swirl of color and noise to add to the festivities. His grin is infectious.

Rex moves with uncanny and preternatural grace, and speaks in smooth and catching cadence. He has captivating mannerisms and a noble bearing that is nigh impossible to ignore. His very presence seems to demand attention.

Pure Breed x5 Silver Fang
Flaw: Changeling Eyes
Merit: Sex Appeal

(For context: Appearance and Dexterity are Five, with Specs alluded to in description)

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Grinning, Mackenzie shifts forward to lean into the music. As the more musically inclined of the group grant her request, her eyes crinkle, her foot tapping lightly as she nods along with the music. Laughing at Rex's dance, though not at him, she claps in approval, the sound drifting into the beat of the music. Well. As best as she can.

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML