Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post-op Rehab ((Tag Lucian, Syd, And Crew By Player Preference))
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Post-op Rehab ((Tag Lucian, Syd, And Crew By Player Preference)) 

"I believe I have a handle on striking power, even from a distance, but something tells me that I've yet to scratch the surface of its potential." He glances fondly at his wives for a moment, warmth in his eyes, "Perhaps this road will lead me home through battles otherwise lost."

The Fianna chuckles to himself and offers the torc back to Lucian. "Best not get ahead of myself. For all that your brother drove me nearly to frenzy, he did remind me that I cannot find victory as I am. I grew lax in my training and that much must be done."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods and accepts the torc back, “When you are done here for today, feel free to climb down. If Sydney is willing she can lead you back in to get food and cleaned up then you are free to use one of our watches to tell time by our clocktower’s keeping. That way you can return to train daily by climbing up and down.”

Lucian smiles, “Once you have that arm mastered we work on the second. Then once you have the pair done we finish the rest. Training should continue to your hearts’ desires and you are all welcome to use the ranches and farmlands here to work your own foods or just provide for yourselves as needs be.” He shrugs, “In a few ways we are all family now more or less. We don’t have to always get along but my resources are for all of you and yours as well.”

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

While Lucian speaks Brennus makes his way to the edge of their perch and looks down. Only when when climbing is mentioned does is look up.

"Is climbing the required mode of transportation? Looks to be an easy glide down were I to fly, so climbing would only serve to..." he pauses, rolling his eyes as he answers his own question before moving on, "I still only have so much Gnosis to draw upon and I dare not pull too strongly from my familiars. If only the was a..."

His eyes light up once more, excitement filling him with boyish exuberance and bringing a grin to his face that stretched from ear to ear.

"Syd! Syd! I had an idea! In the old world I was taught a Gift that stoked my fury ((teehee)) with every passing moment. To have a Gnostic equivalent could change everything! With the right pacing, you could hold out against enemies that think they can just wear you down. How many times have we watched Theurges get worn down because they run out of the energy to hold fast? Your tribe's Elders know the secrets to using Gaia's wrath and spirit without being torn asunder and through that they gain immense power, no? To each peak a valley. What if we can find a way to draw out more from our spirit made flesh by temporarily suppressing the rage? It must be at least worth trying."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Back to topPage bottom

When he addresses her she starts to listen, her head tilting to the side in thought more and more with every word.

"I have never heard of anything like that. Not personally at least. But there has to be a way. I mean there are fetishes that I have heard of that let us store extra things. Though I have no idea how they are made. But this has to be a a thing. For all we know another tribe has figured it out cause the way you speak of it...it should be something we could make happen." She paused for a moment in quick thought.

"Surpressing it may come with a downside later. But not one we are not used to like flying off the handle in a frenzy."

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

“There is a Philodox gift Yiya-yeh still knows that draws on ambient energy and ephemera to refuel your reserves of all of your energies. Even if it is for Athro instead of Adren you can study it to use it as a way to comprehend how to make the gift you are considering.”

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Nodding in agreement, Brennus' grin at Syd becomes conspiratorial.

"Just think of how pissed off your father would be if he knew you were going to work on something like this."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Syd couldn't help the small chuckle, Brennus knew how to push her towards something that was a certainty.

"It really would. It is certainly worth a shot." She nodded her head.

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Alright, then. Shall we begin?"

Begin training montage of Brennus spending his days training in the use of his newfound powers, at first with inconsistent results but eventually gaining familiarity and control. The regenerative trees sense as endless sparring weapons, from two stick fighting to proper quarterstaff and everything in between. He'll train with anyone who is willing, but if nobody volunteers Seanach will take his human form and serve as partner in a familiar dance they barely need to pay attention to anymore.

Climbing goes from perilous, to frustrating, to challenging, to causal fun as a result of advanced reach and greater physical capabilities. As each addition is made to the rune etchings, Brennus becomes more focused on precision and less on brute force. In particular testing the limits of exactly what his furthered reach will allow in terms of catching or grappling from outside his usual range. While he does not lose himself entirely in the training, it is only as a result of his family being present and still a close thing at that.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Rex sits quietly nearby, deep into a book with what seems to be self made parchment and writing tools in his lap, bound together with dried grass twine. He looks up on occasion and jots down notes in the margin whenever one of the others speaks.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML