Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Ship Rite For The Shipwright
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Ship Rite For The Shipwright 

Backlash leads his tribemates down to the engine room, explaining along the way that he will handle the spiritual elements of ceremony, and needs them to each tell of the ships merits and the prospective captains accomplishments. An intact bottle is filled with instant lemonade as there is no alcohol at hand to smash upon the ship. After inscribing tribal glyphs about the noisy, cozy engine room, Backlash turns to them both.

"Alright. Latch the door, and listen. I am afraid that what may come could claim me. If that happens, one of you will need to take the helm. I don't know where we are, or if this Rite exists beyond my own mind. She may very well be one of a kind here. So.... I am teaching you this. This is not ideal. We should be doing this at the head of the ship, before a gathering of tribe mates. This bottle ought to be fine alcohol, and I mean Fianna grade. None of that cheap corner store champagne. You inscribe our sacred glyphs about the area of ceremony, as I have. You want no secret of ours slipping, so a Rite of concealment or a heavily secure location is best. The door is sealed and the engines are loud with thick walls. This is the best we have."

"Now, a rousing speech is usually given by an Elder about the upcoming Captain. The Captain then speaks of the quality of the ship. Those gathered go by rank or familiarity, it's a very casual event, to tell tales of either's accomplishments and merit. Think of it like an arranged marriage. You're warming both parties up to each other. Once everyone is feeling good and the energies have built up, the Captain smashes the alcohol upon the bow. Or, in this case, I'll be using the faceplate of the engine core. The link should be immediate if successful. Then there's usually a night of partying on deck to commemorate the occasion, but I think that will depend on our galley. Just grin at people a lot and pat the ship here and there if you can."

"I know it's half baked and I'm baking a bit off recipe right now, but we have to get the girl airborne. If either of you have questions later, I would be honored to clarify further. Are we good to go?" He asks somberly.

Backlash Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Ship Rite For The Shipwright 

Clockwork listens attentively, her curious green eyes shining with interest at learning something new. "I currently have no questions, Backlash. I hope that is goes well. I will be connected to my pack during this rite, but nothing we do will be transferred across our link. It is the only way they can talk mentally until we get everything figured out. Sometimes being a metis comes in handy. I figured you would like to know for full disclosure purposes."

"We're all mad here." ~ The Cheshire Cat to Alice

Clockwork is a woman of average height with white blonde hair, half of which is long and straight with a streak of black hiding part of the right side of her face which the other is short and appears as though she may have just been electrified. That side has several lightning streaks of black breaking up the white blonde. Under her eyes are black lightning marks that could be mistaken for trendy eye makeup or maybe tattoos.

She wears a handmade brown vest with metallic copper cogs stitched into it. Under that is a white short sleeved shirt with a purple tie that disappears behind the vest. From under the collar and down her arms radiate black lightning streaks which could again be mistaken for tattoos. She wears a pair of cargo pants which are frequently stained with something from one of her experiments.

In crinos it becomes clear that the lightning patterns radiate from her chest and back over her heart down her arms and legs and across her torso. In the physical world, these streaks are solid and black, but in the Umbra they glow blue and purple, dancing through the white blonde fur as though a thunderstorm brews within it.

Appearance 5 Spec. Friendly
Spirit Heritage 4 Nikola Tesla

Clockwork Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Syd listens to Atticus speak, nodding her head and listening as one hand moves idly over a part of the ship closest to her, it is a soft and soothing motion like one would use to calm a familiar pet or friend. Bertram had stayed above, likely keeping an eye on things for her. Without her glasses it wasn't hard to read her face, she was thinking about something as the higher ranking Theurge spoke. When he finished her hand moved to rest on one hip as she also rested her weight on her leg, her shoulders squaring as she stood a little taller than normal.

"I have no questions, but I do have...a thought as another Theurge of the Tribe, if you would allow it?" She said, giving him a slight bow of her head.

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*
*more to come...dun-dun-duh!

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Uh, sure? We haven't begun yet, so, as long as it's relavent and quick?" He says, a little ill at ease with being addressed so formally.

Back to topPage bottom

"So the way I see it," Syd started as she rested one hand on her hip and pushed her weight to that leg as she seemed to go to push up her 'glasses' but instead managed to mostly smoothly turn it into raking some of her hair out of her face. "We can totally do this all super secret squirrel which I get, it was kinda how we had been doing things. But above us, we have not only an Elder who can likely say some good things about you, but a number of people who are just as at home on a ship as you are likely here. I think they should be a part of this, teaching it is one thing but to leave them out when all of us are very due for some uplifted spirits in getting this lovely lady back in the air."

Her shoulders are squared as she stands pretty tall for the moment. "You do the ritual, we help and so do they. What is the point of doing this in the dark when we can bring it into the light and share with the family we have left. I mean it is up to you, I don't say this to challenge your call just offer another side of the coin."

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*

Back to topPage bottom

A pained, conflicted look crosses his face. It speaks of longing and sympathy, and something deeper. Then he winces in pain and puts a hand over his covered eye. He takes a beat to steady himself before responding.

"Look. The lame ass 'tribal secret' line isn't worth the lead right now to toss out for you to shoot down. So instead, I'll just explain this. I am not okay right now. I don't remember either of you very well. The man you heard all those tales of is trying his damnedest to heal inside our mind from more trauma than I hope either of you ever understand. That man, Todd, was a personality I created a very long time ago in a very dark time."

He takes a breath and looks at them both. "My name.... my Real name... is George Mitchell. I don't remember the people up there very clearly. I want to, so very badly, but right now I need to bond us with this ship more. So. For all of the lives currently thrust into my hands, this is going to have to wait until the next time we cast this. With this poor a material and gathering.... I guess maybe a week. At that time, I sincerely hope I can trust the others enough to share the literal last connection to either of my lives. But right now, a very fragile, and very angry Atticus is in desperate need of a familiar bond before he tears us both to shreds from grief."

He looks to both of them, very open and genuine. "Please. Let's get our family through this crisis and talk it all out once we're safe...?"

Back to topPage bottom

Clockwork tilts her head slowly as the man before them speaks, silent calculations happening behind those eyes. She seems to space out for a moment before coming to the moment. "Couple things. First, nice to officially meet you, George. You can call me Chelsea or Clockwork. I'll answer readily to both. Or Jessica, but that's a story for another time. Two, would it help to know that both my Alpha and my Elder know this rite already? Or have at least performed it before. We could use all the help we can get to ensure things go smoothly. If you or your other half still want this a private Family endeavor, I understand and respect that, though disagree with the choice on grounds of rituals being easier and safer with more ritualists."

Clockwork is a woman of average height with white blonde hair, half of which is long and straight with a streak of black hiding part of the right side of her face which the other is short and appears as though she may have just been electrified. That side has several lightning streaks of black breaking up the white blonde. Under her eyes are black lightning marks that could be mistaken for trendy eye makeup or maybe tattoos.

She wears a handmade brown vest with metallic copper cogs stitched into it. Under that is a white short sleeved shirt with a purple tie that disappears behind the vest. From under the collar and down her arms radiate black lightning streaks which could again be mistaken for tattoos. She wears a pair of cargo pants which are frequently stained with something from one of her experiments.

In crinos it becomes clear that the lightning patterns radiate from her chest and back over her heart down her arms and legs and across her torso. In the physical world, these streaks are solid and black, but in the Umbra they glow blue and purple, dancing through the white blonde fur as though a thunderstorm brews within it.

Back to topPage bottom

George smiles happily. "I am honored to make your acquaintance, Miss Chelsea. I would respond to both your points, if I may. To the first, for now, I ask that until I am comfortable around the others to explain my..." he looks for a kind word, "condition, I would be grateful if you call me 'Backlash'. It's a shared title, and helps not draw attention. To the second, it is much the same as the first. The Elder knows, because you submit to your Elders. They can always be trusted, for Gaia makes no error. So too do I trust my tribe, and so I explain to you the state of things."

His expression sours. "Atticus does not feel this way. He has been ordered to heal all but an hour ago. He is far too... um.... active, I suppose you put it, to start such a ritual with outsiders right now. It would cause his conditioning to resurge, and try to protect what was beaten into him as Tribal territory. You saw just a glimpse of it when our friend Lucian was present. I fled to keep his killing conditioning from emerging. It's not easy to contain him. He's..... well. He's him."

George says it flatly with a disapproving tone, as if he found Todd's actions distasteful. "Let him sleep for once in half a decade. Next time we do this, the three of us will form council and discuss who to involve. Ms. Sloane? Was there anything more?"

Back to topPage bottom

Syd had to stand there for a moment, there was something like shock behind her eyes and then as she listened more a flare of anger. Not at him or even Clockwork, but at something in her mind. Then it softened and she shook her head.

"Only please. Call me Syd or Sydney. But I think we should get this started."

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*

Back to topPage bottom

Chelsea smiles at him. "You can drop the formality, Backlash. We're Family. No need for any titles, human or Garou. I mean, I won't stop you if you keep doing it, but I might give you a joking hard time about it."

Her expression becomes serious. "Now that we have settled that, shall we begin? I will follow your leads as the Theurges in the situation."

Back to topPage bottom

George smiles and claps loudly once, electricity rippling beneath his skin. "Honored and Noble guests, it is my great honor to welcome you tonight to one of our greatest traditions! This evening, we elect a captain to our glorious pinnacle of tribal technology!"

He spreads his arms wide in a grand gesture. "The Hushed Casket! The first Arcadia Class stealth ship of the Death Martyr Fleet! Two hundred feet of beautifully hand crafted wood. Only the finest craftmenship has graced this vessel, at fifty feet wide and a mast rising seven stories high! In her time in service, she has plowed through hostile air spaces of Lord Boreas himself! She has hosted many tribal events, lended fireteam support to numerous assaults, and evacuated septs under fire. Most recently, she took the brunt on a strike against the Titan Lord, Kronos! With a twin engine system and triple Blast charm long guns, she is a mobile fortress and siege engine able to outpace most of the Nation's navy!"

He grins like a proud parent. "I remember each and every board on her frame, and she is as beautiful today as the first moment her luminous eyes blazed to life. While we commemorate this momentous occasion, pay special attention to the rippling shadows within the hull. The smooth curving architecture of skeletal inspiration! And of course, the impeccable rigging kept tight and trimmed at all times."

"Now I turn this presentation over to our long time allies, so they might say a few words."

He sits and folds his hand over a knee, listening attentively.

Back to topPage bottom

Chelsea checks out briefly. Clearly brain talking.

Back to topPage bottom

Syd also had to think to put her words together correctly, she wasn't the best with her words in telling stories but for this, she wanted to get as close as she could. Running a hand through her hair slowly she started to speak.

"There are a lot of things I could say about Atticus Todd, lots of stories I have only heard second or even third hand that I couldn't do justice to. I wasn't around for them, I never experienced them the way others did. But one thing I do know, that I have personally been privy to is the love this Garou has for a good sandwich. Almost every time I have ever spoken to him, it has been over sandwiches. From" the first time we met, he had come all the way to the middle of nowhere to speak with me because I couldn't go into his city. He gave me the time of day when most just rolled their eyes at me. Pointing me in the right direction when others just waved their hands at me and told me that higher ups would handle it. Because he could share such a simple meal with others, made him seem so much more down to earth than all the other Glasswalkers I have encountered."

"Here is where I would have made a clever comparison to ships and sandwiches. But it wasn't quite making much sense in my head, but the only other time I have seen him close to happy was when he was on Hushed Casket. The two of them floating in the sky above the Sept in the Umbra was a comfort. Both of them like silent protectors of the city. We are lucky to have them both with us again, in this strange place where all we have is one another. They will be our haven from the storms that might try to knock us off course again and when we find a home I know they will watch over us again."

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*

Back to topPage bottom

Backlash quickly stands and claps enthusiastically, seeming to make up the difference in crowd size by himself. With each hand clap sparking a bolt of light under his skin, it looks like his skeleton, shadow, and figure are multiple people.

"A wonderful, rousing speech by our very talented younger operative! Sydney Sloane, everybody! Thank you, thank you so much Syd, glad you could make it. Is there anyone else that would like to say a few words before the conclusion of the ceremony?" He makes a show of looking about, acting as if there is an ocean of people before him and giving Clockwork a chance to accept or decline.

Back to topPage bottom

Clockwork steps forward and turns about as though there were a large crowd there. "Before you stands a Garou who has fought for the betterment of humanity around him as hard as any among our tribe and then some. He has made sacrifices, some brash, but always with a vision for something better after that. He has bled and sweat for our kin within the darkest places known to our kind. He dove into the very heart of darkness and rose from it again, changed, but victorious. No man can face evil and not walk away shaken. We remember his triumphs and we remember his speed bumps, for that is how the road of life is meant to be experienced."

Back to topPage bottom

Backlash once again rises to clap and generally make a ruckus, joined this time by clangs and whistles from the various pipes within the engine room. The subtle energies of the ritual that had been slowly stirring have a lively charge to them now, raising everyone's hairs in a static fuzziness. The moment is drawing closer.

"Thank you for that magnificent speech, Clockwork everybody! One of our best and brightest. Ladies and Gentlemen, Spirits and Shifters, thank you all for joining us tonight. It is my absolute joy to present to you the Hushed Casket! And her newly appointed.... Captain Backlash!"

The engine room sparks and charges to its apex as the ritual culminates. As the bottle smashes upon the engine core viewing plate, shadows descend from every corner of the room to engulf George. Violent and swirling in a teaming mass of darkness the shadows gust and whip about. Lightning cracks from within like a raging storm. The shadows begin funneling to the same upwards point. As the shadows are sucked away it is revealed they had poured into the Captains eyes. A calm settles upon the ship as Backlash hangs suspended for a moment.

He opens his blue eye, ebony all but for his ring of icy color. Below the silk band, a red glow burns bright enough to show through. "It is done. I feel her. It's.... it's different than before. Much weaker. We may have to redo this under proper settings soon. We can maintain this for a few days. We can fly."

He closes his eye, and the red glow recedes as well. His blue eye opens Once again, returned to normal. "Thank you both. So, so very much.  I'm so happy I could sing!"

The entire ship has a gust of steam rush through it and shakes as the sound echoes as an eerie howl.

George beams. "Let's rejoin the others! And remember to dote on the Ship a bit, trust me, she loves it." He stands and unseals the door to allow the ladies to depart first. It is an oddly gentlemanly gesture, not at all something Atticus would have done.

Back to topPage bottom

"Once we've got ourselves settled, we can get this done right. For now, we just need to get our feet under us." She runs her and along the wood as she ascends the steps.

Back to topPage bottom

"Yup, we can seek out a place we can dock her and get her taken care of. Her very own spa day." Syd ran her fingers slowly over the wood of the ship, almost like gentle scritches to the ship with a smile.

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML