Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Late Night Port (3am 9/20) ((Tag Yiya-teh, Audrey, Atticus Todd))
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Post Late Night Port (3am 9/20) ((Tag Yiya-teh, Audrey, Atticus Todd)) 

Todd nods in agreement. "Still, it's rare enough for me to even be on the grounds of a Cairn. The Gary assault and its subsequent recovery doesn't give the coordinators such as myself much leave to personally check in at our other outposts unless it is a time to rally for war. Not much peace to be found on those occasions."

He says it lightly as a jest, but his eyes seem to dim and become heavy at the explanation.

Glass Walker
Athro

Backlash Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Catching Atticus' eye, Yiya-teh offers a final question:

"Who is going to speak out against me, If I proclaim to the nation your prowess as a theurge?"

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Todd considers her question seriously for a moment. "I am not certain that any would directly or openly speak out against such a declaration. Few are bold enough to speak against an Elder's opinion or declaration. I do not have much of a mind or temperament for politics, but that much I have noticed. I also imagine that timing will be a factor. I am hard at work developing a new rite that will benefit the entire Nation. One that I intend to share indiscriminately. If your declaration alluded to such, or shortly followed my announcement of its completion, I don't think anyone would have the slightest reason to contradict you. However, time is fleeting and spirits do not grasp our concepts of its passage as well as we would like. Given the seriousness of my asking, it would be my preference not to wait...."

He says the last statement with a degree of apprehension of irritating the Elder.

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

"Just so." The elder gives no hint of irritation, nor of anything else. Which of his statements she's even replying to.

"New rite that you intend to teach without discretion, you say. Perhaps you could speak to me more of this?"

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "Probably a good idea to discuss it at some greater length." He sort of half frowns, "The problem with teaching something indiscriminately is the potential repercussions from the irresponsible use or alterations made by others."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Todd nods.

"I considered that, which is why it will be of intermediate rank as rituals are concerned. Adren are considered wise enough by the nation's standards to be trusted with such knowledge, and fully understand and are responsible for the abuse or error in casting of a rite. My totem and I are working hard to establish a contract based on the United States lottery system that would give packs just enough capital to survive. Not all of us in the nation have the luxury of being able to hold down a nine to five, and not everyone in the nation has someone like me around that can just throw money at their problems. The rite, as it is tentatively drafted, will be cast by the alpha of a pack as they each as a group try their luck with lottery tickets. The meager payout will see them through until the next month. They won't be wealthy by any means, but having enough gas to get around and a belly full of ramen and hot dogs is better than not having either. This money gets put back into the community instead of a trust fund or foreign investment, directly bettering the community. It will also be small enough of a payout so as to go unnoticed by the watch dogs on the gaming boards. There will be very strict parameters established by both of us as we continue to hammer out the finer details."

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh shakes her head.

"We may not hold jobs, but our kinfolk should. That's one of many ways they are crafted as our help-meets, and one of many many reasons we uphold our ties to them - seeing us through the hard times, making sure we have the funding we need, that should happen if your kinfolk are not so infuriated at you for misusing or abusing them. I would rather see such a rite influence the luck of a pack's kin. It would keep better with the natural flow of such things, as well as re-enforce our connections to them."

She pauses, thoughtfully. "And already - one gift I can think of, belonging to your tribe, as well as several fetishes: Coin of Wealth, Loon's Refund, Golden pockets.... and at least one talen: Easy Money."

The elder then tilts her head, her eyes fixing on Atticus once more. "Can you explain why you feel this rite would be needful?"

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian just looks genuinely confused. "What does a Garou need money for to be able to get by?" He looks everyone over, "You are all natural predators capable of a form and instincts to hunt in the wilds with no difficulties in the slightest. To deny that in any way is to deny the truth of what you are and unwise."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

The elder inclines her head, as though Lucian's points were a given and hardly needed to be mentioned... but clearly they did, because they were.

Back to topPage bottom

Todd listens to his elders' concerns.

"You see my tribe's gifts and the many fetishes to gain currency. You speak to the bond with our kinfolk. I agree, these are things that must not be marginalized, but this misses the purpose of the Rite. What I have laid out does not benefit a handful of garou so greatly, nor does it reduce our need for family support. It connects us to the community more directly, and quietly aids the economic structure of a region if regularly maintained."

Todd clears his throat and shifts his leg to be a bit more comfortable as he continues.

"For years, I have seen the ramifications economic warfare has on communities. Even led our own fiscal war against corporate conglomerates and city wide platforms. All these experiences boil down to one thing: lower income districts are more susceptible to the effects of decay and corruption. Combat the Wyrm where it Dwells and Breeds. That is one of our great tenets, our life's purpose. Yet often times we do not have the means to upkeep the homes and families we fight every black blood soaked night to save. We are nigh helpless or unaware of the suffering and misery seeded deep in the slums and struggling private businesses. Twenty minutes from my territory is an entire stretch of high way with auto repair shops and fast food chains, because all the locals car afford are cars that barely move and the cheapest, lowest forms of sustenance. That kind of life, that kind of area, changes the nature of a being."

"This rite will help change the area in a small, quiet way. You take the small money you have received and thank your kinfolk for washing the blood soaked t shirt, or for sewing your shredded jacket again, and you go to the little mom and pop diner off the main strip. It's struggling, barely got its doors open any more, but you go and smile and buy a bowl of soup and try a new sandwich. Leave a tip, make the waitress smile, the soup sucks but you compliment the chef and make the old army cook feel appreciated. Afterwards you let your family member talk you into a new jacket and ya go to the thrift store and try your luck. Maybe theres nothing there for you, but the homeless Gnawer Kin have told you these folks still help them in the winter. So you buy a few belts and tell the cashier to keep the change. The kin could have bought lunch, and you didn't need the belt. but that mom and pop diner will stay open one more day, and you've helped some very down people smile today. Helped the community, helped the economy, helped those ignored people not succumb to the depression and rage that Banes are drawn to. I hope people use the gifts and fetishes in conjunction with the rite, because the good it can force our people to do on a personal level is a damn sight more than what doing things from afar and in the dark is doing for these regular people."

Todd seems to express more emotion and earnest about this subject than seems typical for him.

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

"I see what you're aiming for, but... I've been an adult garou for somewhere between 9 and 42 years, depending on how you count what I did, when and where. How do you intend to shape the Pact? How do you intend to prevent the rite from being misused? And if you want to put that money into a community or portion thereof... why do you not simply craft a rite to draw economy and commerce to an area? To better it?"

She shakes her head again. "I feel as though I am missing something essential in your intent. Would you mind trying to convey it in a different way?"

Back to topPage bottom

Todd considers how to respond for a moment.

"I am more than willing to try and explain better, but some of your questions just don't have specific answers right now. There is much to work out between the spirit and I before I can speak with authority on how this Rite's parameters will function. Prevention from the rite being misused is a factor that both parties will be thorough on during it's development. As for the focus of the rite, you have to remember that while a company would be good for the economy, it wouldn't necessarily be good for Gaia and the Nations interests. Money is money according to the economy, and jobs are jobs to the down trodden. If three new computer chains show up, now the weaver is too prominent. If a new mill opens a location, now we risk wyrm taint from toxic byproducts. If a chain notorious for poor labor quality enters, now we risk fomori and banes. Such a rite would likely cause much more harm than good on a very large scale very very quickly. A subtle guidance is much more suited to my intentions."

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

"Consider for a moment this unique detail of light in the dark world we live in." Lucian folds his hands, "Ever since the industrial age bloomed beyond control humanity has chosen wealth and ease while craving more beauty in the form of greener technology." He looks the assembled over, "You are all capable of more than a genius level intellect. If I stranded you in an uncultured world you could start from nothing and by hand figure and generate clean start atomic energy, a power solely of the Wyld often corrupted by the Wyrm only by way of implementation. With no money and no help. Yet at the same time you would work to make it easier for yourself, streamline it, and improve it." He shrugs, "Instead of electricity your issue here is power in the form of jobs and money, right? You have available multiple tribes who concern themselves with how numerous things in the city function and coordinate in part and two tribes that are renowned for their involvement in the cities directly." Lucian sort of chuckles, "So what stops you, from the tribe of alchemy, fire, geometry, clockworks, steam, electricity, and now nuclear physics from going to those most like you in other tribes and beginning to arrange for companies to be the vessels of alternative technologies repurposed to the task of shaping what the Wyld creates until its time with the Wyrm comes to be and then the Wyld takes it once again in a way that lacks the corruption of insanity upon the tasks as they exist currently?" He smiles, "Would not a company focused on retrofitting the old into new at a cheaper rate than what is lost in use over a year of work? Do not those of the tribe of grunge and ditches lift up those in need to seem them situated to train others into better lives? Does not the tribe of shadows and domination perform cut throat business simply to keep what should be running up and going while crushing others beneath the economic monster?" Lucian shrugs, "You are working to band aid a problem through the aid of spirit that barely understand or trust you because of how your people have treated others over generations. Why not tackle the problems with those who fight beside you, as Gaia intended?" Lucian is not at all upset, he is fairly obviously still confused. His posture and bodily language is that of a man as if to him the use of a ritual for such a thing is simply overcomplicating something way simpler than it seems.

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML