Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Daedalus Cringed (Tag: Lucian)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Daedalus Cringed (Tag: Lucian) 

Atticus approached the Yurt with caution, leaning heavy on the gnarled walking stick. "Lucian, sir? Might you be of a mood for company?" He asks clearly and politely, keeping several paces of respectful distance.

Backlash Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Daedalus Cringed (Tag: Lucian) 

The flap moves itself open and Lucian comments, "Usually am, please come in. Have you eaten recently?" The forge is obviously lit to work instead of for cooking. With the flap open the noises of Lucian working are more apparent. While he is wearing the gauntlets taht allow him to shape and heat metal by hand he appears to just be using them as work gloves while still applying hammer to metal directly. Currently his unusual amount of skill is at work creating beautiful wiring much like the basket hilt of a complicated and exotic rapier handle. The metal shines like silver would but to a mirroring reflection and neither feels nor smells as silver does.

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Todd nods and steps inside, looking about the workspace. "It is quite hard to go hungry here due to the diligence of the Sept's hospitality. It was quite a feat to fast for ritual purposes!" He chuckles, noting the forge and it's set up.

"I know your commission work is extensive; but I thought I would ask if the Wings would be coming up on your docket soon. I don't want to have to continue to ask my ship to haul me skyward with its charms. It has enough to worry about without adding it's Captain to the list, eh?"

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian turns to smile at Todd without changing the rhythm of his strikes, "I ran into an issue." He points at the coat rack which has an extra coat, a cloak, and what looks like a feathered cape hanging from it. "I would like you to give each a try and let me know what you like about each one. The Feathered one will be a touch painful at first. It will graft into you so as to hide within you when not in use. The coat has a few straps to not only secure it to you when not as wings but also to hang your holsters or sheathes from. The cloak is more seeing how I can use alchemical silks to better provide armor if you are willing to wear what the wings will be when they are not in the shape of wings."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

With an intrigued expression, Todd walks over and sets his walking stick down. His hands run over the feather cape, then the coat, before returning to the cape and lifting it from its setting. With a whirl, he dons it, and braces himself mentally for the pain.

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian chuck;es, "Need to make it activate first. Just sort of extend your sense of self and focus your will to make it work."

It settles like a cape should. Once a willpower is spent to activate it the suddenly more obvious biological structure attaches to the back and worms its way in. The process abuses the regenerative nature of the shifter as nerves, muscles, and bones attach themself into the back working their way in between and under the shoulder blades.

Back to topPage bottom

Atticus permits himself a small hiss of vocalized discomfort as the bonding process begins. Once the bonding feels to be complete, he sends a small series of muscle contractions to the newly developed region between his shoulder blades. Gingerly, he conceptualizes the wings extending out and then slowly moving before him in a slow motion practice of a wing beat. Hopeful, his eyes strain their perhephiral vision to see the new limbs, stubbornly keeping his head pointed straight forward in case Lucian might need to see something in the system check. The anticipation is apparent.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian chuckles again, "You want to know how they look, don't you?" He sort of sizes Atticus Todd up, "I could let you experience the world as I do for a brief bit. May even be safest for your first flight if you were invisible and had extended senses." Lucian makes a pointy circling gesture about Todd, "You can make those melt into you but it is going to feel damned weird for a bit." Lucian half frowns, "If somehow the device fails I will be lending you my ability to fly very suddenly. So if mysteriously you know how to fly, just use it."

Back to topPage bottom

Todd blinks, then opens his mouth to ask about five questions, shakes his head, and settles on one. "Why are they invisible?" He asks passionately, very much concerned.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shakes his head in the negative, "They are rather visible. You should be invisible while test flying them. Lest people see a crazy man enjoying bare flight. As for why to see as I do it has to do with being unable to see all of yourself without more than a couple mirrors."

Back to topPage bottom

To say that the young man reddened in embarrassment would be a size able understatement. He tries flapping and beating his wings, then tries pulling them within himself to feel the sensation he was warned of.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian just smiles back warmly. Body language offering that there isn't a damned thing to be embarrassed about. SAs Lucian turns back to looking at his work, "Do you have any experience with personal flight? Some Ragabash and Black Furies, myself, and any Corax you meet are knowledgeable about such. Could be a topic of conversation and interest to share with them if they are willing to hear you out and maybe show you a trick or two." After a definitive hammer strike, "Myself last on that list but only because you already know I am willing to discuss such with you and that would risk wasting a chance at using it with those other folks." Nothing but warm smiles the whole way.

Back to topPage bottom

"I'll ask a friend of mine. He flies in the Umbra a lot. I have practice in uh, 'falling with style', not flying." Shuffling, he extends them once again and draws one of his swords. Passing his hand over it as he concentrates, the metal becomes mirrored glass. He angles the sword slowly in front of him, trying to see over his shoulders. "If I cloak myself, there's no way to see my reflection over the water; but without cloaking every schmuck in the city will see me. Gah, I'll have to test the three of them and find this out later. I'm sorry for being so particular. I really am astounded that you have gone to so much trouble. Give me an hour, and I'll be back with an assessment. The Hushed Casket can catch me if I take a tumble, so, its like having a safety net and chaperon all in one." With a flick, the glass returns to steel and disappears once again.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "The way I see tends to work beyond invisibility, cloaking, and most methods of hiding. The manner in which I do such can be shared with only a little more effort. I can show you through a manner similar to Mental Speech first and then if you would liek I will lend you such sight while you try these out." Lucian flips the basket piece over to do a little forge welding on the inside of it with a small hammer.

Back to topPage bottom

Todd nods in consent. "It's good to know. Is it spiritually based, or something else?" he inquires.

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian tilts his head to a side as he considers, "A power of the Elementals of the Spirit court."

Back to topPage bottom

"Huh. Noted." He practices beating his wings once more, rolling his shoulders and stretching his back. "Alright, gonna double down for stealth and try defying gravity. How high of a ceiling does the obscuring effect of the island have? Might work best if I do low passes over sept territory.... and a shorter walk back if I pancake." He says the latter part optimistically.

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian ponders for a moment, "Imagine the effect as a sphere."

Back to topPage bottom

"Take the radius, compensate for curvature, adjust for.... Ya know, if I see both sides I'm probably too high. Be right back." Todd bows and steps out of the room. It sounds like a lot of running and hopping, tripping, abrupt recovery, swearing, and the occasional burst of speed from outside for several minutes. There are several tumbles, more swearing, and eventually a loud WHOOSH. An outcry of victorious mirth is just as quickly followed by a very loud four letter word and a colossal crash. After a few moments the process repeats. A few hours pass. As time wears on, the gaps between cheers and swears lengthens. After several hours, it is silent for nearly twenty minutes.

A soft WHUDD at the entrance reveals a muddy, bloody, tattered Atticus Todd. His hair looks traumatized while his eyes look nearly manic with excitement. He inhales like he intends to take in the world, ready to burst, before starting to talk.

"I flew; actually FLEW; and yeah alright FELL, there was FALLING INVOLVED but I tucked the wings before impact every time; broke my arm twice, doesn't matter, it got better; bugs taste TERRIBLE, too crunchy, but listen, Lucian, I WAS FLYING. IN. THE. SKY. They Work, it's like muscles I haven't exercised, and it's challenging and amazing and infuriating and fantastic! I LIKE that it's connected like this, it's PART of me. I think I need to sit down."

He promptly plops down with exactly zero grace, trying to catch his breath as he plucks twigs from his hair.

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian chuckles and sets the rapier in construction down to walk over and brush some of the debris off of Atticus Todd. A small utterance begets a cleaning enchantment for the time being while the minor twig removal seems sufficient to activate a healing gift. As the abrasions and minor damage reknit Lucian chuckles at them, pleased and entertained by Todd's mirth at flight. "Just take it easy on yourself. I should have loaned you the prototype of my ring for dealing with falling and kinetic damage."

Back to topPage bottom

Todd shakes his head. "Generous, but I prefer feeling it. It helps me gauge what flight speeds and heights aren't safe. The sudden stops serve as muscle memory for me to know the time I have for course correction. It's an instinct I've never had to develop before, and I'd like to do it with bruises same way I trained in hand to hand."

He rolls his shoulders, and tilts his head back to look at the rack. "I can give those a try, if you want, but this one is a thrill. What kind of data do you need?"

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods and smiles at the explanation.

To the question he gestures at the rack, "Take some time with each. Maybe a week? Two if you prefer? I want to know a little bit about how each and every feature of them work out for you. None of these have used the materials you brought me because these are all lesser trial items to try out different features. I kind of think I may go witht eh coat with harness being the default providing a little bit of armor when worn as such but then the wings and their ability to retract being their actual proper state." He shrugs, "So it is less about data as far as science or what not and more about what you like about each set. We take those kinds of results to a follow up idea storming at my atelier, then I take those new thoughts and use them to adjust our original plans as we see fit at that time."

Back to topPage bottom

Todd grins happily, rolling his shoulders. "Few weeks of test flights sound good. Personally, I'd prefer a cloak. Coats bind me too much, and I don't wear weapons above my skin unless I am in full armor. Trust me, done the coat and armor combo, not my preferred look. Tends to bunch in the shoulders. Durable weave would always be nice as far as extra resistance. The material should blend well with the rest of my gear naturally, so I'm not worried about it disrupting my stealth capacity. For urban combat scenarios, sure, a coat blends, but a rich eccentric with a known history of odd fashion statements won't ruffle feathers with a dashing cloak. At any rate, I'll run each through the paces and thoroughly try them out. Maybe I'll find issues with one or the other when using martial techniques?"

He rests his head back on his shoulders and rolls his neck. "This is the most fun I've had since my brother and sister used to brawl together. They would love this. Ah, I can't wait to be up and soaring."

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian chuckles, "None of them will cause issue with martial techniques, if a coat is restrictive then it wasn't tailored properly, and wearing a cloak doesn't make you seem like an eccentric rich guy it makes you seem like a damned vampire playing pretend it can fit in doing it. I am an eccentric guy with an old fashioned sense of style. Cloaks are good within certain weather at which point it is less a matter of eccentricity and a matter of being warm with items in the quick and simple with the ability to make the claim on the side that one is potentially a member of the Society for Creative Anachronisms. One possessing rage always needs be choosy for what they become known for or how they become recognizable. That said a cloak or a hat can with a fair easy of degree be enchanted to be forgotten as long as they do not possess too much detail making therm stand out with a few patterns being exceptions." As if an afterthought to the last statement, "Usually star patterns of particular designs when not plain." After a few more soft strikes, "Although style changes region to region. A number of overseas locations carry weather appropriate to a softer cloak and even continue styles applied for both genders but then at the same time not everyone is using sewing machines of any convenient complexity either. Considered lower value by folks in this country which is ironic considering it makes each piece unique when not made on a line and yet I'm the eccentric." He pauses long enough to look at Todd for a moment, "The coat uses a bunch of button down sections and is barely more than an armed cloak without a hood when you think about it." He turns back to his work, "The harness is three straps so that the top of the back stays properly touching you and leaves the rest loose while the buttoned down back are actually the part that becomes the wings. Think like the sleeved capes in a modernized valkyrie picture where that section is slid over her armor without any of the ridiculous skin or armor tightness. We have the ability to adjust any shapes to anything we need up to the point we enchant it. Once it is enchated it is and always will be whatever we have shaped and poured into it to be. No further magic will be able to be poured into it and no further alterations will be able to be made once it is complete."

Back to topPage bottom

Todd stares at Lucian for half a beat, considering the striking gentleman and how he would look in a cheesy Dracula cape before returning to the subject at hand. "So the coat could really be let out in the shoulders to allow for the plates? That would be fine. I just assumed it would always bind up and look poofy when the armor wasn't beneath it. I don't know a thing about working fabric; I chisel rock and wood for fun. If you can make it work, I'll certainly give it a shot. Would it still be able to bond when in use? It hurts at the start but after a while it was easy to control."

Todd looks over at the rack.

"Then again, I haven't taken this one out for a spin yet...."

Glass Walker
Athro

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML