Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Loud music and hammering ((17 Nov 2014))
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Loud music and hammering ((17 Nov 2014)) 

On Monday there is a strange mix of a musical playlist going from things like There's a Really Good Reason these Tables Have Turned through When World's Collide and even including Radioactive.

The whole time Lucian is hammering away at metal. Outside the Yurt he has what looks like a line circling the yurt as if a clothesline for heavier material, a few troughs of water, and a slight tiny trench.

Those that come see what he is working on will see large broadswords seemingly meant for large handed beings, like perhaps the average Crinos garou.

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Loud Music And Hammering ((17 Nov 2014)) 

Allie will be drawn by the music to investigate, becoming even more curious when she sees all the weaponry.

Allie Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Loud music and hammering ((17 Nov 2014)) 

Lucian nods with a smile for the pretty cub girl and continues along his work at the moment. Usually in beat with the music.

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

She will take a moment to watch and appreciate before getting a sense of his patterns and stepping in to be helpful where she can.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smiles and will just point to a few duffles of metal rods. Each has some bits of dark discoloration as if not quite all of the impurities were pulled out.

Back to topPage bottom

Allie hums along with the music while investigating the bags and bars. She looks over to Lucian with a raised eyebrow. "I'd be glad to help, but I don't have the first idea of where to start. I'd hate to ruin any of your materials with a mistake."

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shrugs and smiles to Allie, "Just hand me the next bar when directed if you it suits you."

Back to topPage bottom

Allie smirks, "I'm at your command."

Back to topPage bottom

"What a positively interesting statement." Yiya-teh wanders up with an absolutely wicked smirk, pauses to nuzzle Lucian without being in his way or impeding his movements, winks at Allie, and then ducks inside the Yurt.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Allie playfully shrugs, "I could do a lot worse, and I have no illusions to how that test of wills would go."

Back to topPage bottom

Chen will recognize the sound of metal work and head up to the Yurt.  "Greetings Lucian-Rhya, Allie-Arane.  Lucian-Rhya, mind of if I got a bit of practice in slash crafted my 2nd Kopesh?"  Chen will loosen up some straps on his belt to reveal the crystal ankh.

Sage-Chenzira Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh just chuckles as the Yurt flap closes behind her. "Me either." There's a hint of double meaning in her muffled voice, and then some sounds of things being done over in the side of the yurt that she moves to, hidden from any possible attempted onlookers by her body and gown.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian chuckles to Allie, "Noted." smiles to Yiya-teh, "Would such really be a test between two wills?" and then nods with a smile to Chen, "Feel free to do so." He motions towards another anvil on a stump. "You will likely want to use that and find a hammer."

While the forge is visibly brightly lit within the Yurt the Yurt itself is clearly not as sweltering warm as it should likely be.

Back to topPage bottom

She continues to watch the work, trying to anticipate when something is needed,"Now, unlikely, perhaps someday."

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh chuckles in answer to Lucian's question, before answering "Hardly. Doesn't change my statement." She's feeling sassy today, and it shows in her tone and mentalscape. With a Thunk, she situates the thing she's working on, and covers it with a bit of heavy linen. Whatever it was that wasn't there before is the size of a large desk, or a chest of drawers, or some such, for Lucian to explore when he gets around to it... She then strips out of her gown, stretches, and then changes into her less obstructive, doeskin skirt and top that used to be her normal outfit. Disappearing her gown, she moves to begin assisting, settling with a hammer across from Chen, and demonstrating how to move into a rhythm with another smith, to forge the same implement together, the music providing an excellent environment for such a lesson, and the work going all the faster for the shared effort. That done, she moves on to helping Lucian craft more of the blades that he is constructing, taking up half the anvil she was sharing with Chen.

Back to topPage bottom

After Lucian puts the current blade into its next step of elemental cleansing he actually points to the duffle bags before opening his hand expectantly towards Allie.

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh, for those who are actually paying attention, seems to be handling the work somewhat ritualistically.

Back to topPage bottom

Allie quickly brings the next bar over to Lucian, noting where he points. "Are the two bags different in a way I can't yet recognize?"

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh pipes up. "They're not, he was gesturing in their general direction, rather than at that bag in specific." She smiles, and moves her now-completed blade-form to the next elemental stage, gesturing to get another bar from Allie, and beginning the process all over again.

Back to topPage bottom

With a smile and explaining between hammer swings, "Each of those four bags contain twenty rods." He sighs, "On a related note I will need someone to speak with Jim or his beta about needing the allowance to cast a version of The Rite of the Fetish eighty times."

Back to topPage bottom

Allie will nod and continue to pass out rods as needed. "I can ask him for you the next time I see him."

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "Thank you, Allie."

Back to topPage bottom

Chen will unsheathe his Kopesh and set it in a place to use as a reference.  As soon as the metal is ready to e shaped he will begin with the hammer, with it's first strike, Chen's ankh starts to glow with the yellow/orange shade of fire, pulsing each time Chen works the metal.

Sage-Chenzira Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian will turn and watch Yiya-teh and Chen every now and then as they work, without himself missing a beat on the metal as if for him this has somehow become reflex... Where useful or needed Lucian will give mostly quiet but definitely sincere and warm advice to the two as they work. "If it suits folks we could start from the unrefined metal itself when I get back from what all of these are for."

Back to topPage bottom

Y will make any adjustments or corrections Lucian suggest immediately, though as she does so, she occasionally questions why, seeking greater understanding, if she doesn't grasp the answer within a few moments of her own thought on it. At Lucian's offer, Yiya-teh smiles. "When this task is done, I would like that actually, love. Most of the time that I've worked on projects with you, it's been with metals you've already worked into rods or bars. Theoretical knowledge notwithstanding, I would like to be involved in the practice from the beginning."

When she finishes the next blade, she steps away for a moment, coming back with cups of cool water, and a tray of meats and cheeses, which she puts out of the way but within easy reach of those who might desire either.

As she begins work on the next blade, she catches Allie's eye, and begins explaining her actions, teaching the younger garou what she herself knows of smithing, while letting Lucian focus on his work - it's his crusade, after all, no matter what help she might be to it. Which is, of course, not to say she excludes him in any fashion should he decide there is a thing he wants to further explain or comment on, because, duh, Master Smith, in his own house, at his own forge is welcome to do or say whatever he pleases. Plus, you know, Lucian.

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML